Eirika Character Analysis

DefyingFates

What do you think of Eirika?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Eirika and did this analysis change your opinion of her?

• She's awesome!
    • I didn't like her before but have changed my mind.
    • I still don't like her very much.

We talked about my opinions over Skype, but I wanted to leave a comment and commend you for how much work and time this must have taken. Seriously, yikes! Props to you! I hope Eirika manages to snag a spot on the female side of things but if she doesn't I'll throw some votes her way next year.

On 1/22/2020 at 4:58 PM, Gordin said:

Lyon x Eirika will always be one of my otp's

Edited by Benice

11 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

We talked about my opinions over Skype, but I wanted to leave a comment and commend you for how much work and time this must have taken. Seriously, yikes! Props to you! I hope Eirika manages to snag a spot on the female side of things but if she doesn't I'll throw some votes her way next year.

Thank you so so much!!

And hopefully it won't come to that, but if it does it'd good to know you'll be voting for her too 🙂

11 hours ago, Benice said:

SardonicBriefEasternnewt-small.gif.9c515f3a1e09d2f41d3bdf99fd7cb06f.gif

I'm surprised that this has brought a few EirikaxLyon shippers out of the woodworks. There are dozens of us! DOZENS!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Damn, I already really liked Eirika but this just cleared up everything I like about her and reaffirmed it. She is now without question my favorite lord from the series, thanks to none other than you. Always bothers me when she's called dumb because of one slip-up with Lyon in ch.18, when the demon king toys with your emotions of course you will make bad decisions!

But ultimately I think this thread made me truly discover why I love the lords in FE8 so much. While Eirika develops and becomes stronger both physically and mentally, Ephraim starts showing more and more vulnerabilities as the game goes on, and I feel by the end of the game, both are able to patch up the flaws one may find in their respective character, bringing both of their arcs to a beautiful close.

Thank you, good sir, for this amazing analysis.

Edited by Koops

• 8 months later...
On 4/14/2020 at 10:39 AM, Koops said:

Damn, I already really liked Eirika but this just cleared up everything I like about her and reaffirmed it. She is now without question my favorite lord from the series, thanks to none other than you. Always bothers me when she's called dumb because of one slip-up with Lyon in ch.18, when the demon king toys with your emotions of course you will make bad decisions!

But ultimately I think this thread made me truly discover why I love the lords in FE8 so much. While Eirika develops and becomes stronger both physically and mentally, Ephraim starts showing more and more vulnerabilities as the game goes on, and I feel by the end of the game, both are able to patch up the flaws one may find in their respective character, bringing both of their arcs to a beautiful close.

Thank you, good sir, for this amazing analysis.

This is still on the front page so I assume it's okay for me to reply to this:

Thank you so so much for your kind words, I'm so happy she's your favorite Lord now! I'm glad you appreciate Eirika and Ephraim's dynamic too, thank you again! I hope you'll vote for her in next year's CYL as well, if you can! 🙂

• 1 year later...

What an excellent writeup @DefyingFates! It's made me more interested in her as a character and now I understand why you'd love to see her get some importance in Engage when that releases. Heroes obviously isn't canon, but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on how they handle her in terms of voice lines, alts.,  and things like that.

10 hours ago, Maimishou said:

What an excellent writeup @DefyingFates! It's made me more interested in her as a character and now I understand why you'd love to see her get some importance in Engage when that releases. Heroes obviously isn't canon, but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on how they handle her in terms of voice lines, alts.,  and things like that.

Oh wow, thank you so so much for reading this, Maimishou! And even more for liking it, that means so much to me! Thank you!!

As for Heroes, I think her being scared of ghosts in the CYL5 shorts was dumb given she fights monsters and zombies in FE8, but otherwise I can't think of anything I didn't like. Obviously her using swords in her child alt doesn't make any sense canon-wise but on the other hand her learning magic from Lyon is genius. The twins and Lyon were close, so of course Lyon would try to offer them something in return for their friendship and Eirika definitely has the temperament to master it (especially compared to Ephraim as Cecilia pointed out). And as I mentioned in the write-up itself, Eirika first learned how to use lances so her using Reginleif makes perfect sense as well (and I love that she uses a purple tassel on it :3)

So... yeah, maybe there's some glaring flanderization I missed somewhere, but I'm mostly happy with how she was handled and hope she gets her Brave alt as an alternate outfit or combat style in Engage (it'd also add another lance and cavalry unit to the Emblem roster).

I didn't expect to go on for that long, my bad 😛 Thank you again for being here!