Marth's unjustified invasion

Jotari

3 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

The notes by Kaga say his mother was killed there, so he possibly was was an outcast?

On the other hand, it's stated his father was killed in a political strife at the Millennium Court.

Depending on what sort of strife it was, to me it sounds like someone decided to off the entire family; and sent an assassin to Pyrathi.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the other hand, it's stated his father was killed in a political strife at the Millennium Court.

Depending on what sort of strife it was, to me it sounds like someone decided to off the entire family; and sent an assassin to Pyrathi.

If so, that is one dedicated political enemy.

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

If so, that is one dedicated political enemy.

Well, it wouldn't be that uncommon. Some people can be willing to go that far.

---

Also, interesting thing I noticed in the Designer's Notes:

他にもいくつかの自由都市や地域がありますので簡単に説明します。

カダインは大賢者ガトーが興したと伝えられる砂漠の魔道都市。
 ラーマンは守護神ナーガを祭る古代の神殿
 テーベは死の砂漠マーモトードにあるという古の幻の街。
 ワーレンは異世界からの貿易船が入る自由(自治)港湾都市。
 ノルダはパレス王宮の城下町。
 ガルダは辺境の開拓都市。ペラティはアカネイアの流刑地・・等です。

Pyrathi only has that single sentence at the very end. While I know it's... less than stellar, Google Translate gives me this:

There are several other free cities and regions, so I will explain them briefly.

Kadine is a magical city in the desert that is said to have been established by the great sage Gateau.
 Rahman is the ancient temple where the guardian god Naga is
 enshrined.
 Warren is a free (autonomous) port city where trade vessels from different worlds enter.
 Nolda is the castle town of Palace Palace.
 Garda is a frontier development city. Perati is an exile in Akaneania.

Well, to start, Warren isn't part of Archanea it seems, apparently. Also... Pyrathi is an exile? What? Someone who can better translate that sentence... go ahead.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, to start, Warren isn't part of Archanea it seems, apparently. Also... Pyrathi is an exile? What? Someone who can better translate that sentence... go ahead.

Just a guess, but perhaps it means completely autonomous from the kingdom of Archanea?

3 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Just a guess, but perhaps it means completely autonomous from the kingdom of Archanea?

I don't know. 流刑地 is where Google Translate got the Exile word... but curiously enough, some other sites I'm looking up put it as "Penal Colony".

I mean, sure, it's the Designer's Notes... but still, Pyrathi was originally an Archanean Penal Colony?

20 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

If I did another Shadow Dragon remake, there'd be a recruitable pirate in Pyrath who'd be recruitable by Ogma.

The game already has a shitton of recruits. We legit do not need MORE recruits, if I'm being honest.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The game already has a shitton of recruits. We legit do not need MORE recruits, if I'm being honest.

You only get one single pirate/berserker in the whole game and he is recruited late in New Mystery of the Emblem.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't know. 流刑地 is where Google Translate got the Exile word... but curiously enough, some other sites I'm looking up put it as "Penal Colony".

I mean, sure, it's the Designer's Notes... but still, Pyrathi was originally an Archanean Penal Colony?

Hmm, could that mean Archanea originally used it to store criminals, but Mannu, who valued the ruins, allied with them, overthrow Archanea and established his own human/manakete Kingdom?

We need a better translation as you said. There's a whole large page of designer's notes that are untranslated.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Also, one thing to keep in mind, despite the... possible usage of Penal Colony, it's still listed in the "free cities or regions", so that and the translation choice of Exile might mean instead that's it where Archaneans choose to flee to? Like I said, we need someone who can actually translate it.

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

You only get one single pirate/berserker in the whole game and he is recruited late in New Mystery of the Emblem.

I thought Darros was re-added in Ch12, which isn't late. Though it is close to the mid-point.

5 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

That does not change that there are still way too many characters in the game. We just can't add even more. 

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, one thing to keep in mind, despite the... possible usage of Penal Colony, it's still listed in the "free cities or regions", so that and the translation choice of Exile might mean instead that's it where Archaneans choose to flee to? Like I said, we need someone who can actually translate it.

Are you using this developer's note page or a different one?

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I thought Darros was re-added in Ch12, which isn't late. Though it is close to the mid-point.

With the prologue chapters and the various gaiden which are extremely easy to obtain, its more like 24 chapters in. And keep in mind, you can only have 1 Berserker until you recruit Darros and even afterwards, you can only have a maximum of 2 Berserkers.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That does not change that there are still way too many characters in the game. We just can't add even more. 

FE has had more characters then Shadow Dragon and even New Mystery of the Emblem added Kris and Katarina(unnecessary, IMO).

Edited by Emperor Hardin

4 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

FE has had more characters then Shadow Dragon and even New Mystery of the Emblem added Kris and Katarina(unnecessary, IMO).

So your idea is to add ANOTHER character that will, as a result, need to be in the sequel as well? 

Even if you exclude the the four maidens in the final chapter, New Mystery has a total of 73 playable characters. That's way too many.

7 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Yep, that's the one. Used the link here on Serenes. The Serenes page says what it didn't translate is stuff we are already told in the games themselves. However, that Pyrathi bit I feel is definitely not.

So your idea is to add ANOTHER character that will, as a result, need to be in the sequel as well? 

Who is to say they have to be in the sequel.

Even if you exclude the the four maidens in the final chapter, New Mystery has a total of 73 playable characters. That's way too many.

Not really, especially considering how big Archanea is. And they'd definitely add more then another mercenary and sage, as well as provide some world building.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Yep, that's the one. Used the link here on Serenes. The Serenes page says what it didn't translate is stuff we are already told in the games themselves. However, that Pyrathi bit I feel is definitely not.

The serene translation page is missing quite a bit including the backstory of Aurelis.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

The notes by Kaga say his mother was killed there, so he possibly was an outcast?

If I did another Shadow Dragon remake, there'd be a recruitable pirate in Pyrath who'd be recruitable by Ogma.

I wasn't saying those were questions I have, but questions that I would raise and answer. Thanks for that info, though.

I had no idea about his mother having been killed in Pyrathi. That would give him reason to never want to return, which would be an interesting angle: Ogma, unusually for his rather blunt and man-of-few-words character, downright pleads with Marth not to go to Pyrathi, as he fears what could happen to the army and, more importantly, Marth and Caeda, if they go to Pyrathi. When Marth says they have no other choice, he then tells Marth what he needs to do to increase their likelihood of not being attacked on sight from 0% to 0.001%.

I like that idea of a Pyrathi pirate that can be recruited by Ogma. I personally would also add a unique boss conversation between Ogma and the manakete that rules the island. Maybe something like this:

Boss: "...I know you; you accursed little mongrel, born by outsiders that should never have set foot on our sacred ground! With you gone, I shall finally end your family's stain on Pyrathi!"

Ogma: "...For the first time since I came into Lady Caeda's service, this will be personal. This is for my family; goodbye, you crazy old freak."

Edited by vanguard333

3 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I wasn't saying those were questions I have, but questions that I would raise and answer. Thanks for that info, though.

I had no idea about his mother having been killed in Pyrathi. That would give him reason to never want to return, which would be an interesting angle: Ogma, unusually for his rather blunt and man-of-few-words character, downright pleads with Marth not to go to Pyrathi, as he fears what could happen to the army and, more importantly, Marth and Caeda, if they go to Pyrathi. When Marth says they have no other choice, he then tells Marth what he needs to do to increase their likelihood of not being attacked on sight from 0% to 0.001%.

I like that idea of a Pyrathi pirate that can be recruited by Ogma. I personally would also add a unique boss conversation between Ogma and the manakete that rules the island. Maybe something like this:

Boss: "...I know you; you're the little mongrel. Your father was a traitor to our people for impregnating her, and your mother should never have set foot on our sacred ground. With you gone, I shall finally end your family's stain on Pyrathi!"

Ogma: "...For the first time since I came into Lady Caeda's service, this will be personal. Goodbye, you crazy old freak. This is for my mother."

I really like that idea, perhaps the recruitable pirate could've been an old friend of Ogma who tried and failed to protect Ogma's mother, thus he bears some guilt?

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering Ogma's father was an Archanean noble, how is he a traitor to Pyrathi in marrying and impregnating a Grustian woman?

Mannu could've altered the enemy of Ogma's father as he wanted to get rid of the unwelcome guests.

Well, we know from village dialogue that random people can come and go, like that Aurelian who unintentionally took Bantu's dragonstone away from him, so that would require Ogma's father to have offended somehow King Mannu, then.

You know, the fact he and his wife were in Pyrathi to begin with makes me theorize that perhaps he was some kind of diplomatic envoy, or ambassador? Something like that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

28 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Who is to say they have to be in the sequel.

You have them included in Shadow Dragon, then they'll be in New Mystery. 

29 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Not really, especially considering how big Archanea is. And they'd definitely add more then another mercenary and sage, as well as provide some world building.

Dude, unless they are actually planning on adding a LOT more content, there's absolutely no way they can fit even more characters.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering Ogma's father was an Archanean noble, how is he a traitor to Pyrathi in marrying and impregnating a Grustian woman?

I didn't know that; I thought he was Pyrathi. My mistake. Thanks for the correction (seriously, thanks). 

15 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Mannu could've altered the enemy of Ogma's father as he wanted to get rid of the unwelcome guests.

Thank you; that makes more sense considering this info about Ogma's father being Archenean. Wait; how did an Archanean noble marry a woman from Grust?

Edited by vanguard333

2 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Thank you; that makes more sense considering this info about Ogma's father being Archenean. Wait; how did an Archanean noble marry a woman from Grust?

Before the War of Shadows, relations between the two countries weren't bad. Rather cordial and perhaps even friendly, since Grust was founded by an Archanean.

Heck, since Grust began as a simple frontier garrison, Grustians might just be Archanean three-four generations removed.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Before the War of Shadows, relations between the two countries weren't bad. Rather cordial and perhaps even friendly, since Grust was founded by an Archanean.

Ah; that makes sense.

Ogma's origins are a bit of a mess. Born in Pyrathi to a Grustian woman and an Archanean Nobleman. He left the island and ended up a slave-gladiator in an arena, helped a bunch of arena fighters (including Samto if I recall correctly; also something I'd expand upon in an anime adaptation) escape, and then he was rescued by Caeda and ended up in Talys; becoming head of a group of mercenaries that are basically the closest thing Talys has to a military. Wow; that is a lot, yet the games usually focus only on the gladiator part when they bother to talk about his backstory at all. 

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

This isn't new Mystery, we are talking about a hypothetical Archanea remake.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Its 100% possible and infact its easy to add more characters to New Mystery of the Emblem on the DS. It'd be even easier for this hypothetical remake on a new console.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, we know from village dialogue that random people can come and go, like that Aurelian who unintentionally took Bantu's dragonstone away from him, so that would require Ogma's father to have offended somehow King Mannu, then.

You know, the fact he and his wife were in Pyrathi to begin with makes me theorize that perhaps he was some kind of diplomatic envoy, or ambassador? Something like that.

I wonder if his enemy was anyone we know of like Lang or the mentioned Bent?

54 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Ah; that makes sense.

Ogma's origins are a bit of a mess. Born in Pyrathi to a Grustian woman and an Archanean Nobleman. He left the island and ended up a slave-gladiator in an arena, helped a bunch of arena fighters (including Samto if I recall correctly; also something I'd expand upon in an anime adaptation) escape, and then he was rescued by Caeda and ended up in Talys; becoming head of a group of mercenaries that are basically the closest thing Talys has to a military. Wow; that is a lot, yet the games usually focus only on the gladiator part when they bother to talk about his backstory at all. 

Don't forget his mother was killed in Pyrathi.

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

Don't forget his mother was killed in Pyrathi.

I didn't forget. It's all stuff I definitely would want to see expanded upon. 

Funny enough; I just remembered that I had been wanting to see a Fire Emblem game that told the stories of Anri and Iote. I wonder if there would be a way for Pyrathi to be in such a game?

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

I didn't forget. It's all stuff I definitely would want to see expanded upon. 

Funny enough; I just remembered that I had been wanting to see a Fire Emblem game that told the stories of Anri and Iote. I wonder if there would be a way for Pyrathi to be in such a game?

The heroes could come across a younger Mannu. 

Oh and lets not forget Cartas, General Ordwin, and Marcelus.