Religion.

Oguma

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point out inconsistencies, and I'll fix them.

You are asking for inconsistencies, which I have already pointed out in my response, namely,

1) Anthropomorphism

2) Equivocation

I wonder if you understand what I said.

Have you?

Since it's a personal choice, it's an extension of his/her reasoning and personality. Why shouldn't it affect my opinion?
So, you're saying you should like a Buddhist, but hate a Muslim, who act about the same?

Here's my approach which I'll admit is flawed but works well for me.

Life: You're my friend until proven an enemy

Xbox Live: You're my enemy until proven a friend (excludes girls)

Forums: You're a pile of text until proven a real person.

So, you're saying you should like a Buddhist, but hate a Muslim, who act about the same?

I don't hate anyone, and never promote hate. Besides that, it's a pretty far-fetched scenario, but I won't rule it out.

I find religious debates annoying and pointless after about 12 pages.

Very true

Me too. But I like adding to the problem if there's no solution.

I have a habit of doing this even if I don't mean to.

And I think someone said they can prove that God doesn't exist. That's hilarious (Considering I didn't misread anything). People can prove he doesn't exist as easily as others can prove he does; point being, they can't. Which is one reason I'm on neither side. Maybe he exists, maybe not. Might as well be open to the possibility in case it is true. If the rapture happens within my lifetime, I'll either go with them or I'll know what to do when they go.

Well I'm screwed cause while I like following God around I'm not to fond of Catholic doctrine. If there is a Rapture do the people who love God but don't like the doctrine get left behind anyway? See this is why I couldn't stay a protestant cause it brings up questions and the answers to the questions just bring more questions. My current religion has all of this answered so I'm not confused about much.

Might as well be open to the possibility in case it is true.

It would be pretty foolish to think otherwise, regardless of what you believe.

If there is a Rapture do the people who love God but don't like the doctrine get left behind anyway?

If you believe in God, you go to heaven. The rest of the commandments and such determine how effective of a Christian you will be. That's what my religion believes; I just call it "Christian" but I think it's technically Baptist or something.

Edited by Meteor

And I think someone said they can prove that God doesn't exist. That's hilarious (Considering I didn't misread anything). People can prove he doesn't exist as easily as others can prove he does; point being, they can't. Which is one reason I'm on neither side. Maybe he exists, maybe not. Might as well be open to the possibility in case it is true. If the rapture happens within my lifetime, I'll either go with them or I'll know what to do when they go.

I cannot prove a non-descript God non-existent. However, I can place a specific and defined God's existence into sufficient enough doubt to state it's been proven wrong. Which I believe I have already sufficiently done so for the God of Christianity.

I cannot prove a non-descript God non-existent. However, I can place a specific and defined God's existence into sufficient enough doubt to state it's been proven wrong. Which I believe I have already sufficiently done so for the God of Christianity.

If you really had done that, it likely would have been discovered long ago and the religion would have died out. In other words, I haven't seen anything in this thread proving either side. Sure, I only skimmed through until I made my first reply, so I might have missed something, but I highly doubt you can actually show me this "proof" you speak of, or whatever you refer to it as.

You've proven he's contradictory and therefore false by the widely accepted interpretation of the Bible. Not quite proven him non existent. F*ck why did I quote you?! You're just going to come back at me :(

If you really had done that, it likely would have been discovered long ago and the religion would have died out. In other words, I haven't seen anything in this thread proving either side. Sure, I only skimmed through until I made my first reply, so I might have missed something, but I highly doubt you can actually show me this "proof" you speak of, or whatever you refer to it as.

Even if unquestionable truth was presented, there'd still be those that are too stubborn to accept it, therefore, the religion wouldn't die out.

Read every post we've made, since we've already countered most of the things you're saying.

Read every post we've made, since we've already countered most of the things you're saying.

Forgive me for being ignorant, but I'd prefer to not have to read through 12 pages of whatever the hell went on there. And what do you mean by "most?"

Forgive me for being ignorant, but I'd prefer to not have to read through 12 pages of whatever the hell went on there. And what do you mean by "most?"

Some things are so ridiculous that even arguing against them would sully us? :P

Oh, and why the religion hasn't died out is the same reason some people still believe that Blacks are inhuman, dinosaurs roamed the earth 2000 years ago, and that homosexuals are evil. Some people refuse to listen to evidence of the contrary.

Have you countered this yet?

"You've proven that the widely accepted interpretation shown by the Catholic church is contradictory and therefore false. Not quite proven him non existent."

Also what about the Native Americans? My ancestors liked spirits and stuff. Are they wrong? Or are you guys just anti God, and not anti spirits :lol:

Have you countered this yet?

"You've proven that the widely accepted interpretation shown by the Catholic church is contradictory and therefore false. Not quite proven him non existent."

Also what about the Native Americans? My ancestors liked spirits and stuff. Are they wrong? Or are you guys just anti God, and not anti spirits :lol:

I'm anti anything not proven. If you haven't proven it, why should it even be considered? Ever.

Some things are so ridiculous that even arguing against them would sully us? :P

Oh, and why the religion hasn't died out is the same reason some people still believe that Blacks are inhuman, dinosaurs roamed the earth 2000 years ago, and that homosexuals are evil. Some people refuse to listen to evidence of the contrary.

Wait, what? You could just re-post something from before or whatever you feel like doing. I'm lazy, sue me.

I love black people, despite not being one.

Something must have left those bones, who knows what they were.

I voted no on Prop 8, does that mean anything?

There's pretty good evidence for both sides; truth is, some people refuse to accept the other side can be possible.

I'm anti anything not proven. If you haven't proven it, why should it even be considered? Ever.

Aren't a lot of scientific...."things" not technically proven? Greatly evidenced maybe, but not 100% proven.

Because I said so

That doesn't really help anything.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Wait, what? You could just re-post something from before or whatever you feel like doing. I'm lazy, sue me.

I love black people, despite not being one.

Something must have left those bones, who knows what they were.

I voted no on Prop 8, does that mean anything?

There's pretty good evidence for both sides; truth is, some people refuse to accept the other side can be possible.

Aren't a lot of scientific...."things" not technically proven? Greatly evidenced maybe, but not 100% proven.

That doesn't really help anything.

I didn't mean you, I meant that's the REASON.

And to proof...

Something is "proven" when it has more evidence than any opposing proposition. You can't 100% prove anything, even you being alive. Science has to be proven. I really don't think a lot of people understand. That is what Science IS. Proven things. It can't be unproven and still be Scientific.

I didn't mean you, I meant that's the REASON.

And to proof...

Something is "proven" when it has more evidence than any opposing proposition. You can't 100% prove anything, even you being alive. Science has to be proven. I really don't think a lot of people understand. That is what Science IS. Proven things. It can't be unproven and still be Scientific.

Ok, that makes sense. It's also probably the reason a lot of people hate science... not that that means anything. But now I have a serious, unbiased question, one that I truly want a real answer to; What is stopping a scientist from being a Christian or part of any other religion?

Ok, that makes sense. It's also probably the reason a lot of people hate science... not that that means anything. But now I have a serious, unbiased question, one that I truly want a real answer to; What is stopping a scientist from being a Christian or part of any other religion?

What is?

Nothing of course. Except the fact that the more Science progresses, the more he has to give up his faith. He can't really believe in an afterlife if it's been proven false, can he? He can't believe many things in the Bible because they've been proven entirely wrong. Etc.

And if someone hates Science for being pure fact, and totally unbiased, well, they can go back to being an animal, because that's where we are without it.

Just so we're clear on this regarding me...

I do not believe in an afterlife

I do not believe in eternal punishing, but rather eternal punishment

I do not believe in pagan rituals

I'll add more to the list later :unsure:

Whaddya mean animals?! We're not animals without it! Mankind hasn't changed over the past 6,000 years! We're exactly the same in everything that we do! Technology doesn't make us any different. People worked with less logic back then but still used logic. Nothing's changed.