Religion.

Oguma

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys, please don't start a flame war.

It's going to happen. You're gonna get that one, ignorant ass arrogant religious nut job or atheist who think his or her viewpoint is the best thing going on and is going to try to to get people to disagree with him or her.

I'm a Pentecostal Chirstian.

It's going to happen. You're gonna get that one, ignorant ass arrogant religious nut job or atheist who think his or her viewpoint is the best thing going on and is going to try to to get people to disagree with him or her.

I'm a Pentecostal Chirstian.

I just hope that dumbass doesn't venture into this topic.

A flame will probably come, but I don't follow any religion

Is that agnostic...or...just not anything?

I am Christian.

I remember doing this somewhere else, and flames were started, religion is not a good idea to discuss.

Too many arrogant religious people here. It won't work out. Comments will be as slight as "____, the worst one of them all." Which can get people mad pretty easily. If everyone can stay mature for this, I would love that too.

I just hope that dumbass doesn't venture into this topic.

Usually, with controversial topics like religion, you can't prevent it. This is actually a sitting duck for that person.

on topic: Am I one of the few Christians who:

-Can take a politically incorrect joke

-Don't use my religion to hate other religion

-Don't hate gays

-Play fantasy games

Usually, with controversial topics like religion, you can't prevent it. This is actually a sitting duck for that person.

on topic: Am I one of the few Christians who:

-Can take a politically incorrect joke

-Don't use my religion to hate other religion

-Don't hate gays

-Play fantasy games

Actually, as a Christian you aren't supposed to hate gays, you aren't suppose to hate anyone. The arrogance of some is what makes people like you, Matt, and I looked down upon by some.

I'm an atheist. And my viewpoint is better than yours. :P Wut, was that the wrong thing to say? :D

But seriously, this is very likely to fall into a debate, in which case there is only one possible victor.

I am an atheist from a Christian (Roman Catholic) background.

Religious debate does not necessitate flame wars, and I have been in many religious debates that have been very civil for all parties concerned.

But I have also been in religious debates with jerks on all sides. Those have the potential to still be enjoyable but they are rarely intelligent.

And of course, sometimes the person making the most well reasoned arguments isn't necessarily correct at all, but those they are debating are so inept that the incorrect opinion wins the debate through sheer virtue of being a decent argument.

I don't have a religion. I'm not even atheist, because that implies I have a set of beliefs that follow a specific religion (in this care, the belief that there is no God). I guess the closest thing I am to anything would be Buddhism though.

Edited by Crystal Shards

I don't have a religion. I'm not even atheist, because that implies I have a set of beliefs that follow a specific religion (in this care, the belief that there is no God). I guess the closest thing I am to anything would be Buddhism though.

I respectfully disagree. Atheism is not a belief that there is no God. It's a lack of belief of any sort. Everybody's born an atheist.

I respectfully disagree. Atheism is not a belief that there is no God. It's a lack of belief of any sort. Everybody's born an atheist.
Thanks, I was about to say the same thing...or something to that affect.
Lol.

No, a quinceaneta supposedly needs you to be confirmed no matter what.

Yeah.

To clarify, an Atheist is someone who doesn't believe in any sort of deity, whatever. There's a thin line between "Does not believe in God" and "Believes God does not exist".

I also respectfully disagree. When you are born, you have no understanding of anything. How can you know what Atheism is? If a baby was born with understanding of religion, they would certainly choose a side for their own. Not sit down and go Goo-goo gaa-ga.

Same goes for any actual religion. You aren't born knowing who God is, who Buddha is, who any of them are. Not exactly fair to say a baby is born with understanding of terms the baby doesn't even know about.