What kind of Pokémon player are you ?

AceNoctali

Hi everyone, trying my hands on making a new topic, as a new member.

Well, I'm a bit curious... A lot of people here play or have played Pokémon games. Myself, I like Pokémon and play it whenever I can.

But each player have their playing styles in that game, and the developpers encouraged this by implenting different kind of activities in the game : battles, contests, breeding, shiny hunting...

So, I'd like to ask you : what's the thing you like doing the most in Pokémon, and/or on which one you're the most skilled at ?

Since I'm beginning the topic, I'll answer first.

Me, I love, and excel at, Competitive Pokémon breeding, and this since the 3rd Generation. I just love breeding my Pokés to be perfect or near perfect IV-wise, giving them rare moves, and trading them for Pokés I like. The 4th gen is a godsend for me, as the Wi-fi possibilites allow me to find easily somebody to trade those excellent Pokémon with me. ;)

I also do like Shiny hunting, but I'm not nearly as good as breeding.

i'm not a metagamer myself, i'm more like UU user. I also like Pokemon with great amounts of defense and HP, more like the Tanks.

i don't have Gen 4 myself, but i'm planning to buy it only to build mah 1337 team and look for battles XD

I breed stuff competitively, but I don't actually compete.

Wow, so same as me !

Do you mind if I could see some of the best breeds you did ? I'm very curious. If you prefer to keep their stats from public view, don't hesitate PMing me. ;)

I myself am an uber breeder, but I stick more to ghost and/or dark types, with, as always, my trusty Rayquaza for fly and backup.

Just reassure me, by "uber breeder", you meant "very good breeder", not "a breeder who breeds Uber Tier Pokémon" ? :P

Well, I'm a bit curious... A lot of people here play or have played Pokémon games. Myself, I like Pokémon and play it whenever I can.

But each player have their playing styles in that game, and the developpers encouraged this by implenting different kind of activities in the game : battles, contests, breeding, shiny hunting...

So, I'd like to ask you : what's the thing you like doing the most in Pokémon, and/or on which one you're the most skilled at ?

Me, I love, and excel at, Competitive Pokémon breeding, and this since the 3rd Generation. I just love breeding my Pokés to be perfect or near perfect IV-wise, giving them rare moves, and trading them for Pokés I like. The 4th gen is a godsend for me, as the Wi-fi possibilites allow me to find easily somebody to trade those excellent Pokémon with me. ;)

Battling is the best and main part of the game, I'm going with that one.

I have a box full of competitive trained pokemon, most in the OU/BL tiers while the others are UU. However, I can only battle online via Battle Revolution. Our firewall prevents my DS from using WiFi for some reason.

In 3rd gen I used to play netbattle online and I was pretty competent at it.

Wow, so same as me !

Do you mind if I could see some of the best breeds you did ? I'm very curious. If you prefer to keep their stats from public view, don't hesitate PMing me. ;)

Just reassure me, by "uber breeder", you meant "very good breeder", not "a breeder who breeds Uber Tier Pokémon" ? :P

Yes, I meant breeding very good pokemon for even better kids.

Gamesharking legendary, impossible to get Pokemon

I haven't played much lately. Mostly, I just try to collect as many types as I can. I got every single Kanto Pokemon in Leafgreen. I train my Pokemon to be awsome at battling, but I've not ever been in any tournaments. And usually you get pretty strong Pokemon in the process of collecting others.

And I also train mostly my starter and 1 or 2 other Pokemon.

Im an expert pokemon gamer. I breed my pokes for kick ass moves and train them with pokerus (legit pokerus mind you)

i have won a total of 3 pokemon tournaments since the red and blue days.......good times.

my current shiny collection is:

Name (game found in)

Magnezone (pearl)

Cacturne (sapphire)

Butterfree (silver)

Steelix (silver)

Metagross (pearl) *GTS...meh...*

Scizor (Leafgreen)

...i have a Steel type fetish

Edited by Return Of Gatling

I hardly play anymore, but when I was still in my Poke-addiction, I used to breed, EV train, and check for good IVS and all that.

Ultimtely, I suppose I like Pokemon with high attack power the most (eg Garchomp, Salamence, Slaking, Alakazam etc). That doesn't mean I don't like using tanks either. I once murdered a Ho-oh with Umbreon and a Toxic combo. It felt so satsifying.

Edited by Fireman

Breeding chains for egg moves and IVs. Hell, I even did breeding chains for TMs so I didn't have to use them up. I love breeding pokes.

Only did a bit of friendly competitive battling with college buds, back in 3rd gen, but haven't done much since we graduated. We had an agreed upon set of rules and such (level 50 battles, sleep clause, hold items, etc.) I'll have to see if I still have my spreadsheets with IVs of my favorite pokes.

I'm the sort of player who goes for years without playing, and then decides to play for a little bit. I usually get bored fairly quickly and go back to not playing. In other words, I'm not much of a Pokemon player at all.

My style is killkillkill. No weather. No status. No Splash. Attacks only. Final Destination.

Same here. I don't even give my Pokemon moves that don't either heal or do damage. Nothing annoys me more than stupid computers that do nothing but rain dance/sand attack/agility. Of course computers that use sand attack/agility usually kill a couple of my Pokemon.

And I'm afwul at Poke Contests because most of my moves are great in battle and horrible in contests.

I love competitive battling. I like to use tactics that drag the battle out (Toxic, Protect, etc,). Even though I don't use them that often...And Protect is my favorite move, I teach it to almost everything. XD

Edited by Princess Kilvas

i play patient, i can do the same thing for hours at a time and not get bored, like yesterday, I was battling the elite four ground lady and i only had electric pokemon so i just revived and healed my pokemon for about 45 minutes waiting to make all of then be forced to use struggle and kill themselves.