Can I recruit Catherine pre-timeskip on Black Eagles? (spoilers)

I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find any info on this. I know she'll leave when I choose Crimson Flower, but is it possible to at least get her temporarily before making the big decision? I just finished the mission where

Spoiler

Catherine tags along to help the Black Eagles fight Lord Lonato, and she pretty much oneshot everything that looked at her the wrong way.

I'm more interested in getting that sword of hers for my future swordmaster Felix if possible than I am in actually keeping her as a unit.

You cannot recruit her full stop. But there is a way to get Thunderbrand (Spoilers):

Spoiler

You can get it off her in the Endgame chapter.

I know, I know. This is far from the only case of endgame drops and if we had a postgame/pvp element this would likely be fine. Sadly there isn't.

Edit: You can get her on SS. You'll know you can do it when you see it.

Edited by Dayni

30 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You cannot recruit her full stop. But there is a way to get Thunderbrand (Spoilers):

Hide contents

You can get it off her in the Endgame chapter.

I know, I know. This is far from the only case of endgame drops and if we had a postgame/pvp element this would likely be fine. Sadly there isn't.

Edit: You can get her on SS. You'll know you can do it when you see it.

Damn haha

I knew about it being an endgame drop but just wondered if I could get it earlier this way. Doesn't concern me too much since I'd only wanted it as an emergency backup for Felix anyway. Iron/Steel swords will do me just fine for the bulk of things. Thanks for the quick reply!

Like said, nope. HOWEVER, if you recruit Ashe you can control her for their paralogue, but her items are locked.