How to tell if you're a noob Ike user:

Destiny Hero

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

If an ike user spams counter he's a noob. (Though I think anybody who spams a move would be a noob)

Anyway Ike is the most dissapointing character for me, when I heard about him bieng in Brawl I didn't think he would be so slow. I really wanted to use him but Im no good with slow characters.

I'd like to play with good ike users, just to see how cool he can be, but my friends aren't that good and even if they were they wouldn't play as Ike, and online is prety crappy so chances are that i'll have to kick the CPU's ass. When i play against Ike lvl 9 he only kills me once (and that is because I alwasy want to meteor smash him and end up suiciding)

So I've been practicing my Ike the past few days. I've been afraid to use him against good smashers, since I'm still not that great, but I used him quite a bit against my cousin (who can usually bring me down to my last stock before I beat him if we're both using our current mains), and I LIKE IKE. His nair is beastly, and I like spamming my side-taunt while waiting for my enemy to get close to the ledge, then dair'ing them and spamming my side-taunt moar while I wait for them to respawn.

IKE SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol naw, I tell if they constantly use his F-Smash, don't use aerial attacks much, don't counter much, constantly spam his triple A move, and/or don't use aether except for getting back on is a noob Ike to me....

and/or don't use aether except for getting back on is a noob Ike to me....

wat

Aether is predictable as an attack, and there's a lot of lag when Ike lands. SAFs are overrated anyways, knockback keeps you from being comboed and hitstun doesn't exist anymore.

1. If you're already a noob.

Yes

2. If you overuse his crappy nuetral B all the time, which is actually one of his worst attacks.

True

3. If you don't realize that his forward smash can almost always stop an edgegrabbing opponent.

Um, no.

4. If you overuse his down aerial several times when you could have easily used the forward smash.

It's good to mix all his aireals up a little, so yeah that's true, but I don't think I've seen noobs do this.

5. If you don't use Aether to go through the edge of a stage.

That's kind of tough to not do.

6. If you use any taunt besides his side one.

No, just no.

7. If you lose to Bowser.

Bowser's higher on the tier list right now than Ike actually.

8. You don't have any friends to fight for.

Very very very true.

Anything to add to the list?

9: If you spam smash attacks.

10: If you spam Aether.

11: If you spam counter.

12: If you never use his >B as a recovery move.

It's good to mix all his aireals up a little, so yeah that's true, but I don't think I've seen noobs do this.

I think he was talking about pursuing an enemy with dair to gimp them when you could just guard the ledge with your fsmash. DH is dumb, though, because it's easier to dodge Ike's fsmash than his dair.

That's kind of tough to not do.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about doing that when you've already caught the ledge, so you're just getting your enemy away.

No, just no.

short-hopped nair -> sidetaunt is a combo. I'll see if I can get my Ike vids up later. It was me vs my cousin (who actually mains Ike) and I won every time with at least 30 side-taunts per match (usually 3-stocked or JV 3-stocked him)

PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF! PREPARE YOURSELF!

Bowser's higher on the tier list right now than Ike actually.

Ike's easiest enemy is Bowser, since speedy characters like Fox and MetaKnizzight are the best way to counter Ike. Bowser's biggest strength is his heaviness, making it hard for most characters to kill him. Ike has no trouble getting past that.

9: If you spam smash attacks.

10: If you spam Aether.

11: If you spam counter.

12: If you never use his >B as a recovery move.

9-11 have been mentioned already IIRC, and his >B is shite because all your enemy has to do to gimp it is jump in the way. And trust me, its always better to take a hit then to let your enemy recover, soooo...

9-11 have been mentioned already IIRC, and his >B is shite because all your enemy has to do to gimp it is jump in the way. And trust me, its always better to take a hit then to let your enemy recover, soooo...

I haven't read through the entire topic, just the first posts. Using his >B will save you where Aether can't, I honestly think it's better than Luigi's recovery.

I haven't read through the entire topic, just the first posts. Using his >B will save you where Aether can't, I honestly think it's better than Luigi's recovery.

Few things in Brawl are better than Weegee's recovery. Ike's >B forces you into helpless mode if it hits anything. Weegee's >B doesn't force you into helpless mode, and goes about the same distance as Ike's. After Weegee uses >B, he can use his weegeecopter and ^B for massive Vertical recovery.

Imagine this, you're in a fight against a skilled Toon Link on Final D, and you've teched to around 180 damage. usmashed Toon Link at a low damage and now he's coming back down. You go in to land an aerial, but he hits you with his amazing bair, sending you way off the stage. When you finally break your hitstun, you're in the left margin, level with or below the ledge. Luigi can >B, then use his Weegeecopte, then ^B to make it back, and possibly not even touch the ledge. Ike has to use his second jump, then use his >B and hope two things happen: 1) he's high enough to grab the ledge, and 2) Toon Link doesn't gimp him (shoot a projectile, jump in front of the >B, or grab the ledge).

Now, who has the better recovery? Thats right, MetaKnight.

Few things in Brawl are better than Weegee's recovery. Ike's >B forces you into helpless mode if it hits anything. Weegee's >B doesn't force you into helpless mode, and goes about the same distance as Ike's. Yes, but you have to hold it down way longer for you to get anywhere with him, and since Weegee's is so slow, it gives an even better chance for the opponent to spike Weegee.After Weegee uses >B, he can use his weegeecopter and ^B for massive Vertical recovery.I wasn't talking about his other B moves.

Imagine this, you're in a fight against a skilled Toon Link on Final D, and you've teched to around 180 damage. usmashed Toon Link at a low damage and now he's coming back down. You go in to land an aerial, but he hits you with his amazing bair, sending you way off the stage. When you finally break your hitstun, you're in the left margin, level with or below the ledge. Luigi can >B, then use his Weegeecopte, then ^B to make it back, and possibly not even touch the ledge. Ike has to use his second jump, then use his >B and hope two things happen: 1) he's high enough to grab the ledge, and 2) Toon Link doesn't gimp him (shoot a projectile, jump in front of the >B, or grab the ledge).Taking into account Weegee's other moves yes he does have a better recovery, but Ike's side B is better, it goes farther and much faster in less charge time, so you can release it fast enough to not be anywhere near grabbing the edge then fast fall to the ground before you're struck. Weegee doesn't fall as fast as Ike after his side B, and I'm not talking about the rest of his recovery moves.

Now, who has the better recovery? Thats right, MetaKnight.

Edited by Yourgranny

Weegee's >B uncharged ends farther than Ike's. Also, you said you thought it was better than Luigi's RECOVERY, not better than Luigi's >B. Also, I reiterate how easy it is to gimp Ike's >B, and how you can't gimp Weegee.

Also, can't Ike's bair help him DI? IIRC It can bring him in close enough that Aether is almost always safer than Quick Draw. But then again, I don't play as or against Ike very often, sooo...

I have honestly never seen a Luigi spiked out of downB. I've only ever seen one Luigi spiked, lol.

I've done this a few times online, it's a pretty slow move.

Weegee's >B uncharged ends farther than Ike's. Also, you said you thought it was better than Luigi's RECOVERY, not better than Luigi's >B. Also, I reiterate how easy it is to gimp Ike's >B, and how you can't gimp Weegee.

I forgot he could use his VB to recover, so I was talking about his >B, my bad.

Ike's bair is his fastest coming out/ending move in the air, so it's hist best move to use when he's thrashing around trying to not go past the blast line, but as far as I know it's not unique in respects like that.