How to tell if you're a noob Ike user:

Destiny Hero

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask someone if they've played Ike's game (or any FE for that matter.)

If they say no, they are an Ike noob.

Rage at them if they were shouting "I FIGHT FOR MY FRIENDS PREPAIR YOUSELVES" before you asked them that question.

Oh, and spam Fsmash.

One of my friends is a neutral B spamming Ike noob (actually he thinks that if you charge it, someone will gladly run up to you.) Predictably, he doesn't know or play Fire Emblem. He's one of those ******bags that sees a cool looking sword character and plays solely as that character, with no interest in their series.

He also thought that Roy in melee wasn't a Marth clone. :lol:

1. If you're already a noob.

2. If you overuse his crappy nuetral B all the time, which is actually one of his worst attacks.

3. If you don't realize that his forward smash can almost always stop an edgegrabbing opponent.

4. If you overuse his down aerial several times when you could have easily used the forward smash.

5. If you don't use Aether to go through the edge of a stage.

6. If you use any taunt besides his side one.

7. If you lose to Bowser.

8. You don't have any friends to fight for.

Anything to add to the list?

1. I agree

2. N B sucks ass, good for vert kills when really high

3. no, fsmash sicks and brawl has a magnetic ledge so they become invincible so in your lag they ladge hop with a fair or nair and combo you

4. no. Dair and Fsmash suck fsmash is good for a kill when you trick them which caznt be all the time

5. what

6. I use down so... HA

7. Idk the matchup

8. I DO!

Add if you use Quick draw often

Ask someone if they've played Ike's game (or any FE for that matter.)

If they say no, they are an Ike noob.

So I'm a n00b G&W user for not having played a G&W game?

Lame reasoning is lame.

Edited by ChaosNinji

You mean you're unable to do wi-fi, or don't do it because you don't like it? Because they are pretty much the same barring lag.

used to Wi-Fi a bit, but lag was unbearable. Now I can't even do wifi since my router was fucked up

If you mean you can beat any of us in an Ike ditto you are probably correct. If you mean your Ike vs any of our guys, what's your next tournament? I'll MM you for snack money. :)

Edgehop dair is a rather good edgeguard (due to most characters being vulnerable from above when recovering low), and Ike has no trouble pulling it off thanks to decent vertical recovery from Aether. You can also walk off fair into a reverse Aether, and if you miss the fair, Aether still protects you from being edgehogged due to being basically a floating disjointed hitbox.

Usmash is incredible: punish rolls, airdodges, etc. with massive horizontal and vertical range.

If you mean you can beat any of us in an Ike ditto you are probably correct. If you mean your Ike vs any of our guys, what's your next tournament? I'll MM you for snack money. :)

I dunno when my next one is. I didn't go to C3 due to shit happening for me. You go to MD/VA tourneys too? I'm not going to Chu's this weekend either. Spending the weekend with my Father.

Edited by Rei

There's never anything going on anywhere near where I live The only stuff that's ever gone on was two years ago when a house exploded, and a few months ago when a plane crashed into a Hannaford's parking lot. *gets a sandwich*

I dunno when my next one is. I didn't go to C3 due to shit happening for me. You go to MD/VA tourneys too? I'm not going to Chu's this weekend either. Spending the weekend with my Father.

I hope I can start going to one or two a month on weekends. Are there any in the future you know you'll be going to?

I believe the only really good brawlers here are Mac, Rei and myself

Come now, Doom... We've Brawled (we were both getting lagged beyond belief, but still) and I was more than a match for you.