Me on Brawl

Destiny Hero

I'm a brawler. I've always wanted to play a Smash Bros. game, and I finally got it a few days after release. I've practiced for hours on end, and I'm naturally bad at the game. I trained myself, and I don't abuse any glitches or frustrsting techniques.

I recently played a friend who is *VERY* good at the game, playing i since the first came out. He uses Sonic and knows and uses nearly every glitch and technique for him. He also gets better every day. I fought him yesterday. I've always known I was really good at the game, but I underestimated myself.

I don't know how to phrase it, but I'd say I'm immune to glitches. I get around and avoid them, not even knowing how. I used Ike, and I crushed him (3vs3, Final Destination, no items). We played a few times, and I won every match, never losing a second life. Then I switched to using Yoshi. He teamed up with another one of my friends (he's an upsticle with Kirby), and I beat both of them at the same time, and never lost a life, several times.

I also used Link at first, and one every match, sometimes going to my last stock.

And THEN we went to my Torture Arena (huge, cleverly-made stage... WITH ASHLEY'S SONG!), and Ashley got to him and drove him mad. Luckily, I'm immune to the torture. I won those battles even easier.

Is anyone else a LOT better than they thought they were?

(And NO, I am not accepting battles. My connection was flushed down the toilet and nobody salvaged it)

Edited by Destiny Hero

Well, in Melee, I decimated everyone during band camp when I haven't played it in months. That's when I started to get back into Melee. Unfortunately, I can't use the same strategies I use on Melee on Brawl, since people can basically attack you right after you hit them.

I learned the Brawl metagame first. Even though I've played the series since SSB.

My friend is also rediculously good, and another person here made me strive to get better. I have gotten better. I'm cocky enough now to say that I'm right behind those two in terms of skill in this forum (online anyway).

Ninji gives me a good match, but he's never flat out beat me in a series of matches.

I learned the Brawl metagame first. Even though I've played the series since SSB.

My friend is also rediculously good, and another person here made me strive to get better. I have gotten better. I'm cocky enough now to say that I'm right behind those two in terms of skill in this forum (online anyway).

Ninji gives me a good match, but he's never flat out beat me in a series of matches.

I think I know who you're talking about.

Anyway, I don't mean to sound cocky or anything, but I am considered one of the best on this forum. Mac is the only who gives me trouble. CGV too, but now that I changed my main to Link, I think I have a fair chance.

I thought I sucked until I started playing on this forum. Brawl is mostly skill, a little character, and partly luck.

Rei is pretty much right lol

I'm convinced I'm pretty bad at this game. I do average stuff, I repeat dumb stuff, I don't improve quickly, I overshoot punishment opportunities and get punished for it, and I gimp myself hilariously in a preventable fashion. Until I get more experience in an environment where I can't make excuses to myself about lag or whatever I'll hold off on calling myself acceptable.

And Destiny Hero, knowing what a tilt is and using it with Ike is not a sign of greatness. Although you might be a genius at this game, who knows

Rei is pretty much right lol

I'm convinced I'm pretty bad at this game. I do average stuff, I repeat dumb stuff, I don't improve quickly, I overshoot punishment opportunities and get punished for it, and I gimp myself hilariously in a preventable fashion. Until I get more experience in an environment where I can't make excuses to myself about lag or whatever I'll hold off on calling myself acceptable.

And Destiny Hero, knowing what a tilt is and using it with Ike is not a sign of greatness. Although you might be a genius at this game, who knows

Tilts? Why would using Ike's tilts make me a genius?

I'm an okay Brawler most of the time. In four-player matches, I tend to fare best as Ike.

I remember one person who played as Jigglypuff one time duing a timed match. It was really funny, because he was all 'dude, Jigglypuff sucks', and then, twenty seconds before the match ended, he was all 'Okay, screw this, I'm gonna kill myself now.' And he proceeded to commit several Self-Destructs in the course of the twenty seconds, all while everyone was laughing their heads off at the sheer hilarity of the action. Good times, good times. XD

Ok. I got some apparently false impression from you telling people to explore Ike's moveset and "not just use eruption" or the like.

I'm better than you!

No, I'm better than you!

I'm better than you!

No, I'm better than you!

I'm better than you!

No, I'm better than you!

I'm better than you!

No, I'm better than you!

Okay, then, wanna fight?

No, because I'll just win anyway cuz I'm better!

I'm better than you!

No, I'm better than you!

I'm better than you!

No, I'm better than you!

I'm better than you!

No, I'm better than you!

Ok. I got some apparently false impression from you telling people to explore Ike's moveset and "not just use eruption" or the like.

Nah. If anything, I tell them to use Aether so that they can fall to their deaths. :P

This, basically. Just replace Ninji with Arc, and "behind those two" with "behind those 3".