Which Second Generation Character...

FionordeQuester

Remember, Tyrfing has 7 weight but grants +10 Speed, Celice gets a 3 gain from using it

Actually, that would be a 6 speed gain from it since his Silver Sword weighs him down by 3. And eh, don't worry, I've learned my lesson now, I didn't know Celice was so strong. Thanks guys.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, Tyrfing has 7 weight but grants +10 Speed, Celice gets a 3 gain from using it

Actually, that would be a 6 speed gain from it since his Silver Sword weighs him down by 3. And eh, don't worry, I've learned my lesson now, I didn't know Celice was so strong. Thanks guys.

That doesn't make any sense. He only gets the +10 from equipping Tyrfing, so only 3 of that Speed bonus is effective since you're losing 7 Spd from the weight. You don't get that bonus if you're using the Silver Sword, it's weight only matters if it's equipped, and once you get Tryfing you have little reason to keep using the Silver Sword.

He's comparing Celice using the Silver Sword x Celice using the Tyrfing. Since the Silver Sword has 3 weight, Celice ends up gaining an effective +6 bonus to his speed stat when he puts his hands on his holy sword.

After all, in all honesty, it doesn't really make a lot of sense to compare Tyrfing!Celice to unarmed!Celice.

Edited by TheEnd

It's technically correct that he's effectively gaining 6 Speed via switching to Tyrfing from the Silver, but that wasn't relevant to discussing his raw stats in relation to the Tyrfing. The raw stat was the unit of comparison here, not the weight effect of another weapon.

In that same matter, a lot of the holy weapons deal minimal or no speed loss- Ichival negates most of its own weight, and Balmung, Holsety, and Narga more than cover their weight; Gaebolg and Mistletain are the only ones that incur the full penalty for PC holy weapons, the latter being minimal, as is par for the course on swords being brokenly overpowered. In the enemy camp, Gungnir negates 2/3 of it's weight and Thor Hammer completely cancels it.

• 2 weeks later...
And Swanchika weighs you down more than any weapon in the game, except for broken items, archs and siege tomes.

Out of all the Holy Weapons, I think Swanchika is a failure. It weighs down your speed for 20, to only give you +20 DEF and MDEF as the payment?

Sadly those massive defense doesn't manage to save it's user's life at all.

Out of all the Holy Weapons, I think Swanchika is a failure. It weighs down your speed for 20, to only give you +20 DEF and MDEF as the payment?

And that wraps up FE4's prominent theme: "axes suck."

And that wraps up FE4's prominent theme: "axes suck."

XDXDXDXD

Not to mention that most of the main axe users don't have decent speed at all (Johan is an exception but his skill sucks, and Axe in FE4 wasn't known for its accuracy).

Accuracy is the axe's least trouble. They have 70 hit where lances and swords have 80, which isn't that big of a gap, especially not in a game where you constantly run into enemies with negative evade. The problem with axes is that there's hardly any good characters who can use them (Lex, Lachesis, that's it), and that they completely kill your evade (12 wt is the lightest, and that's the Hero Axe).

10 MDef actually. Though it should also be noted that it has 1~2 range, which is likely why they raped its weight so badly. The only other divine weapons who have 1~2 range are the tomes.

Edited by Mekkah

10 MDef actually. Though it should also be noted that it has 1~2 range, which is likely why they raped its weight so badly. The only other divine weapons who have 1~2 range are the tomes.

Oh right, it's 10 MDEF, my bad. This just add another bad point in Swanchika's list. -_-

Even with 1~2 range Swanchika is still lame...It's barely can hit you! >_<