Which Second Generation Character...

FionordeQuester

Nobody doubles the things Celice doesn't double anyway, except Shannan and Holsety dude, so it hardly matters. FE4 enemies have the lowest AS out of any FE game.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC, they can even hit negitive attack speed. Or was that negitive dodge?

Actually both - although there isn't an attack speed stat in the character stat screen, so you're probably thinking about dodge there.

10 speed - 18 weight axe = -8 attack speed.

FE3!Marth says hello.
FE3 Marth is actually a pretty solid unit, considering enemies in that game. He's only barely worse than your other units by endgame, and is incredible for the start and mid points.

Marth simply isn't crappy enough to be considered a crappy Lord. People seem to classify him as one just because he doesn't promote and uses a Rapier.

And again, Celice is like one of the most powerful Lords regardless, even with 22 speed. To call him a crappy Lord is just fanatical, and extremely dumb.

FE3 Marth is actually a pretty solid unit, considering enemies in that game. He's only barely worse than your other units by endgame, and is incredible for the start and mid points.

Marth simply isn't crappy enough to be considered a crappy Lord. People seem to classify him as one just because he doesn't promote and uses a Rapier.

What? Nonononooo.

I don't think FE3!Marth sucks at all. Hell, he is my strongest unit, second only to Maric. XD

But among the other Lords from the other game, I found FE3!Marth to be one of the weakests. (But I couldn't be too sure since I never play FE1, 2, 10, and 11 yet.)

And again, Celice is like one of the most powerful Lords regardless, even with 22 speed. To call him a crappy Lord is just fanatical, and extremely dumb.

Yes, Selis is the most powerful lord, that I agree.

I just pointed out that he has the lowest speed cap compared to his army, but that didn't prove to be a problem anyway.

But among the other Lords from the other game, I found FE3!Marth to be one of the weakests
What are you judging this by? I am sure that Marth > Lyn & Eliwood, even though both get better stats than him. You really need to measure performance instead of look at stats at face value.
Yes, Selis is the most powerful lord, that I agree.

I just pointed out that he has the lowest speed cap compared to his army, but that didn't prove to be a problem anyway.

I was talking to the other person that whined about the speed cap.

What are you judging this by? I am sure that Marth > Lyn & Eliwood, even though both get better stats than him. You really need to measure performance instead of look at stats at face value.

One of the weakest doesn't mean he is the weakest. >_<

And I do consider Lyn as weak.

I was talking to the other person that whined about the speed cap.

That would be me. And it wasn't the speed cap itself I was whining about, it was the fact that there isn't a single class in the game that has a lower one. Not even Generals. I wouldn't mind if it was only his speed cap, but it's everything else to. I dunno, I think he deserves to have some of his caps higher than others...

That would be me. And it wasn't the speed cap itself I was whining about, it was the fact that there isn't a single class in the game that has a lower one. Not even Generals. I wouldn't mind if it was only his speed cap, but it's everything else to. I dunno, I think he deserves to have some of his caps higher than others...

............................Selis is quite overpowered already.

Anyway, his caps surely aren't that great, but Tryfing is also a quite boken weapon (not as broken as Narga of course), so I don't think this is a trouble at all.

............................Selis is quite overpowered already.

Anyway, his caps surely aren't that great, but Tryfing is also a quite boken weapon (not as broken as Narga of course), so I don't think this is a trouble at all.

Tyrfing the is official Mage Killer weapon, given to a natural-born mage killer (lol Narga blood).

Tyrfing the is official Mage Killer weapon, given to a natural-born mage killer (lol Narga blood).

This.

And to think that most of the Epilogue enemies are magic users......................

It's hard to call him one of the weakest if he's not weak in the first place, though.

But compared to Selis, Sigurd, Hector, Ike, Ephraim, Eirika, ...

He is weak. :(

Quit saying Selis. Its spelled Celice.

Its really, annoying. I didn't know who you even meant when I first read it. So try and spell it like the rest of us.

I have been using those names for more than 5 years. Do you really think I'm going to change it just because you don't like it? ^_^

You don't like the names I use? Too bad then, better learn to deal with it. ^_^

She spells it however she wants to; there is no official way of writing it besides Serisu, and she would be most correct in using Selis than my usage of Celice.

The official spelling is Serlis.

I should put that in the patch...

In either case, Selis and Celice are both pronounced the same (ideally) so no, neither are more 'correct' than the other.

Personally, theoretically any of the initial four characters you get in chapter 6 benefit the most from having the Elite Ring passed to them, as this means you have it for the maximum possible time. You can generally sell it from them on to anyone else that might need it more (money issues nonwithstanding).

Edited by T.W.I.L.K.I.T.R.I.

She spells it however she wants to; there is no official way of writing it besides Serisu, and she would be most correct in using Selis than my usage of Celice. Hell, I vouch for Ceres and it's not even close.

Celes from FF6 is Serisu in Japanese, btw.

Celes from FF6 is Serisu in Japanese, btw.

.....................................Please...don't add the poor boy's girly-ness anymore.

He already got a girly face, don't you also give him a girly name. ;_;

I didn't give him a girly name. IS did it.

Also, this.

Celes Chere (セリス・シェール, Serisu Shēru?) is a former general of the Empire, genetically enhanced and artificially infused with magic, making her the second Magitek Knight.

................................................................................

Oh man.

I remember seeing some old rumours that Celice was going to be a girl... Anyway...

For the Japanese FEs, it's not really fair to force someone to use a particular translation, because chances are they haven't even seen it. That and what makes your translation right? "It's from the translation patch!" (which isn't official), "It's what IS used!" (they're Japanese and have been known to cock up English names), "It's a mythological reference/real name!" (nice going, but you can't really prove IS thought of this, although chances are very likely.)

If you're really having a hard time, just ask them who they're talking about then, if they jump on you, you've got an excuse to jump on them. Wait, I shouldn't be teaching bad stuff....

On-topic: I'd go with Celice, just because : P

Like hammered already, you shouldn't worry too much about the Lord Knight's crappy speed cap. Sure even Generals have higher caps, but they never come close to it- so the fact the cap is higher is meaningless. If it bothers you so much, toss him a Speed Ring. There aren't too many children that benefit greatly from them unless you have a really wonky pairing or have Johalva. Even then, you have two to play with anyway.

Celice is otherwise a pretty broken unit since he has such strong growths and gets a ridiculously overpowered holy weapon. Unless you bred with Claude- Aless and Celice are some of your only mage killers because barely anybody else has the MDef to withstand more than one Yotsmung- which is spammed at you in the final stretches of the game. Yotsmung doesn't like to miss you either, you generally just have to accept that you're going to have to tank it. Also consider it has 12 weight, so they're not coming close to Celice's 25 Speed - remember, Tyrfing has 7 weight but grants +10 Speed, Celice gets a 3 gain from using it. Double attacking shouldn't be any worry except when going against capped boss class units like Ishtar, and even then Celice is one of the best people to take her out in spite of that.