Tales Of Symphonia 2

Mufasa

So I started playing the game last night. And the first thing I noticed was that Kratos did the narration. Which is mad cool, but it was immediatley overshadowed by the fact that Llyod's new voice SUCKS. Maybe it's cause I'm so used to the original Robin from Teen Titans, but it severly wounded the game for me.

The nest thing I noticed, was that Emil, the new main character, SUCKS. I mean, he's okay as a character, but he's too freaking wimpy to be someone I have to put up with the entire game. The first game rocked because everyone could relate to Llyod. He was that goofball idealist. And from the beginning of the game you have a connection with him. Emil on the other hand, you can't seem to get to like, cause he's always bitching. He's even worse than Collette was, because at least you didn't have to BE her. The only time I ever get to form a connection with Emil is when his eyes glow red and he starts going badass, but even then, as soon as I connect to the guy, it falls apart as he returns to his normal whinny complainy self.

Now, I know a lot of people hate Marta, but as far as things have gone so far, she has the best voice acting of any of the characters I've seen so far. Ricter isn't bad, but I can't find one line so far that has pissed me off because of how poorly it was exectuted. So right now, TOS2's saving grace is Marta. Tenebrae is okay, but I'm not really big on the reason for his existence so much.

The biggest thing I noticed was when I met this character with blue hair and the name: "???" At first I didn't realize who it was, but after getting some very not so subtle hints, I quickly realized the identity of the character, and sqeualed like a girl, and prayed to that character's old girlfriend that I could follow him on his journey instead of Mcwhineabitchalot.

All in all, I still feel the connection with Llyod. Which is something that the makers of the game should have taken into account. Marta and Emil aren't terrible characters, but they aren't the characters that should be the main ones. The game would be better if it was told from the perspective of Llyod, and you get to have all the original cast in your party from the first game. Starting with whomever you went on the journey to destroy the EXspheres with.

So I'm currently going through the game, looking at it from Llyod's perspective, yelling at Emil when he does something stupid that if Llyod(I) were there I'd do something completely badass and not wimpy that would solve the problem without any....well problem. So I feel the entire game is a flashback, and Marta and Emil and Llyod are sitting at a table while the two of them tell me what happened to them, while I yell at how stupid they are and make out with Sheena while I'm not.

So I started playing the game last night. And the first thing I noticed was that Kratos did the narration. Which is mad cool, but it was immediatley overshadowed by the fact that Llyod's new voice SUCKS. Maybe it's cause I'm so used to the original Robin from Teen Titans, but it severly wounded the game for me.

The nest thing I noticed, was that Emil, the new main character, SUCKS. I mean, he's okay as a character, but he's too freaking wimpy to be someone I have to put up with the entire game. The first game rocked because everyone could relate to Llyod. He was that goofball idealist. And from the beginning of the game you have a connection with him. Emil on the other hand, you can't seem to get to like, cause he's always bitching. He's even worse than Collette was, because at least you didn't have to BE her. The only time I ever get to form a connection with Emil is when his eyes glow red and he starts going badass, but even then, as soon as I connect to the guy, it falls apart as he returns to his normal whinny complainy self.

Now, I know a lot of people hate Marta, but as far as things have gone so far, she has the best voice acting of any of the characters I've seen so far. Ricter isn't bad, but I can't find one line so far that has pissed me off because of how poorly it was exectuted. So right now, TOS2's saving grace is Marta. Tenebrae is okay, but I'm not really big on the reason for his existence so much.

The biggest thing I noticed was when I met this character with blue hair and the name: "???" At first I didn't realize who it was, but after getting some very not so subtle hints, I quickly realized the identity of the character, and sqeualed like a girl, and prayed to that character's old girlfriend that I could follow him on his journey instead of Mcwhineabitchalot.

All in all, I still feel the connection with Llyod. Which is something that the makers of the game should have taken into account. Marta and Emil aren't terrible characters, but they aren't the characters that should be the main ones. The game would be better if it was told from the perspective of Llyod, and you get to have all the original cast in your party from the first game. Starting with whomever you went on the journey to destroy the EXspheres with.

So I'm currently going through the game, looking at it from Llyod's perspective, yelling at Emil when he does something stupid that if Llyod(I) were there I'd do something completely badass and not wimpy that would solve the problem without any....well problem. So I feel the entire game is a flashback, and Marta and Emil and Llyod are sitting at a table while the two of them tell me what happened to them, while I yell at how stupid they are and make out with Sheena while I'm not.

ROFL.

MOTHER. FUCKING. ROFL.

You think MARTA is the saving grace!? AHAHAHAHAHAH! JUST WAIT TILL you PROGRESS IN THE GAME BUDDY!

ROFL.

MOTHER. FUCKING. ROFL.

You think MARTA is the saving grace!? AHAHAHAHAHAH! JUST WAIT TILL you PROGRESS IN THE GAME BUDDY!

I know. That's why I put "As of right now."

I'm about to get Collette. (Or Collettie)

I know. That's why I put "As of right now."

I'm about to get Collette. (Or Collettie)

If i EVER see you say THAT, or MARTMART, or HAWKIE, I SWEAR TO ALMIGHTY GOD I WILL KILL YOU DOWN IN FLORIDA! *EPIC RAGE A ALICE AND HER SHIT NICKNAMES*

Tenebrae is awesome.

Emil becomes not so wimpy further into the game.

Marta is ok

Emil is kind of annoying though.

The only thing i really didn't were restrictions.

Marta's obsession with Emil is hilarious. Choose "guys go first" when you get to the hot spring.

Another game that makes me wish my Wii wasn't broken >_>

That was hilarious. And the girls first too.

Edited by Slayer

That's how I got through the game XD

I chose girls first just to see if Zelos actually gets caught, but it's Lloyd that gets the Peeping Tom title AGAIN, but Marta gets Colette's title of Ironing Board.

Emil isn't so bad at the end of the game.

In the bad ending, it turns out he was pretending to act like Ratatosk's other personality, so it's really him that "kills" Marta and Lloyd, ending in a suicide core transformation.

Just beat the game earlier today, disappointed at length but the Grade shop is ridiculously cheap.

After a bit of research, I'm not calling this a sequel anymore, more like a spin off of the game. It just doesn't feel as fulfilling as the last game.

Edited by Will

I chose girls first just to see if Zelos actually gets caught, but it's Lloyd that gets the Peeping Tom title AGAIN, but Marta gets Colette's title of Ironing Board.

Emil isn't so bad at the end of the game.

In the bad ending, it turns out he was pretending to act like Ratatosk's other personality, so it's really him that "kills" Marta and Lloyd, ending in a suicide core transformation.

Just beat the game earlier today, disappointed at length but the Grade shop is ridiculously cheap.

After a bit of research, I'm not calling this a sequel anymore, more like a spin off of the game. It just doesn't feel as fulfilling as the last game.

I was dissapointed at that too but i got the

good ending where Emil reunites in Palmacosta with Marta in the end. I couldn't beat Lloyd or Marta :unsure:

Here's what I've established about the games.

Tales of Symphonia 2 is not a sequel. It's an alternate. If you didn't play the original one, you will probably enjoy this one a lot better. A lot of the "secrets" about certain characters and certain locations are known naturally to people who played the original. EX: Where the locations of the summon spirits are.

If you haven't played either of the games, and don't mind major spoilers for the first game, I would suggest playing this one first, and then playing the first one and see it as a prequel. It might leave you with a better taste in your mouth.

As for us who played the original game, it is natural to feel some dissapointment. But come tommorow, we must stand behind our new president elect- Er. Sorry, wrong speech.

But we just have to grin, bear it, and view the game as I said before: Llyod, Marta and Emil talking about their view on the story, while Llyod ignores them while making sweet love to Sheena, and yelling at them for being so stupid when he isn't ignoring them.

COLLETE IS AWESOME. Why does EVERYBODY hate her!?! I bet people would like her if she had boobs... <_<

She's FUCKING annoying. That's why.

Alright, alright, she's not THAT bad, but when there's clearly a better suited partner for Llyod two feet away (I'm referring to Sheena) why go for Collette? And I'm not just saying Sheena's better cause she has better bewbs. That's not it at all. I love Sheena as a character. As a matter of fact, I'd go for freaking Zelos before I go for Collette. (Whether that shows how much I love Zelos, or hate Collette is up to you to decide.)

They were pretty easy for me, but I did a bunch of A and S level quests, so I ended up being 62 at the end of the game.

I was in my 50's.

It was sad how Alice and Decus died, I almost cried

She's FUCKING annoying. That's why.

Alright, alright, she's not THAT bad, but when there's clearly a better suited partner for Llyod two feet away (I'm referring to Sheena) why go for Collette? And I'm not just saying Sheena's better cause she has better bewbs. That's not it at all. I love Sheena as a character. As a matter of fact, I'd go for freaking Zelos before I go for Collette. (Whether that shows how much I love Zelos, or hate Collette is up to you to decide.)

SheenaxLloyd FTW. But Collete really isn't that bad. I know people similar to her in real life, so maybe it's just my bias, and I think she's funny and (at times) cute.

I was in my 50's.

It was sad how Alice and Decus died, I almost cried

I just didn't expect Marta to deal the killing blow. I thought the way Hawk died was more brutal, being stabbed by Brute because Emil used and tossed him as a shield.

Oh yes, I found out about Ain Soph Aur at chapter 8, so I missed out on the extension of his mystic arte for three chapters. So, press B when the sequence shows his face to activate it. It can't be done after a certain point in chapter 8.

Edited by Will

SheenaxLloyd FTW. But Collete really isn't that bad. I know people similar to her in real life, so maybe it's just my bias, and I think she's funny and (at times) cute.

True. Collette isn't THAT bad. But at times she can be quite bothersome. And it annoys me that they nearly force her onto Llyod, when I clearly want Sheena. I think that Collette and Zelos would actually make a nice couple. So it's not that I want Collette to be happy, I just don't want her to be happy with me.

And Collette has the blessings for being in Tales of Symphonia. And even being one of my least favorite characters in that game, she still is an awesome character, simply by being in the best game ever.

She's a helluva lot better than Shirley. <_<

I just didn't expect Marta to deal the killing blow. I thought the way Hawk died was more brutal, being stabbed by Brute because Emil used and tossed him as a shield.

Oh yes, I found out about Ain Soph Aur at chapter 8, so I missed out on the extension of his mystic arte for three chapters. So, press B when the sequence shows his face to activate it. It can't be done after a certain point in chapter 8.

You could get that arte?!

It's nothing special, it's just an add on that does a bit more damage.

Like I said, at the sequence when it cuts in at his face after his slashing, press B there (Or you can repeatedly press B throughout the whole arte.) and it should activate. I love how he says "Darkness devours!" when Ain Soph Aur is a light attribute.

I prefer switching to other characters to use their mystic artes instead. (Press + and during the menu, press C, it's the only way to be other characters besides Marta and Emil playing alone.) Everyone else's but Presea's hits multiple enemies.

(I think Presea's Crimson Devastation > Devil's Hellfire in terms of damage, but everything else is pretty good for being an AoE.)

Edited by Will