What favorites would you axe in order resurrect something similar?

XRay

If you have to kill your favorite game/book/anime/music/etc. series that is currently alive, but you can resurrect a dead but similar thing in its place, what would you axe and what would you revive?

For me, I have no qualms axing Fire Emblem to revive Advance Wars. I like Fire Emblem, like a lot, but I think I still like Advance Wars just a tad bit more. Maybe it is nostalgia. If I regret my decision later, I guess I can always axe Advance Wars to bring back Fire Emblem. I hate to admit it, but Fire Emblem does have more and better waifus. Anna, Lucina, Edelgard, and Plumeria can each individually tug at my heartstrings more than Nell, Sasha, and Lin combined ever could.

I would axe the new Pokémon reboot anime to revive the old Pokémon anime. I guess I still could not get over its new artstyle as it just looks so jarring to me.

Code Geass is like one of my all time favorite anime, and I think they are going to come out with a new season soon hopefully, although it might have gotten delayed due to COVID. If I were to axe it, I want to bring back Highschool of the Dead. I like the interesting mix of zombies, guns, and waifus.

I do not have a permanent favorite car per se, as my favorite car is whichever car is the fastest. But if the fastest car at the time were to be discontinued, the one car I want to revive would be Celica. The car itself is not special to me, I only like it because it shares the same name with a Fire Emblem character.

I am not sure it Star Wars counts as "dead" yet, but I guess I would not mind them making the next trilogy right now if I axed the MCU.

If I were to axe Taylor Swift's music career, I am not sure who I would bring back. I do not listen to other artists with the same passion I do for Taylor Swift.

This is cheating, but I would totally axe all spiders in exchange to extend my cat's lifespan so that her life will end only when I die. That way, we get to cross the rainbridge together.

I would axe any form of modern Spiderman to bring back the 90s cartoon so IT COULD BE PROPERLY FINISHED. It was so good and then ended on a freakin' cliffhanger because the planned sixth season was scrapped.

In fact, I'd axe a lot of modern cartoons to bring back old ones, honestly. There are too many crappy ones right now.

I'd gladly sacrifice any Game development studio to bring back Treasure. Those guys knew what's what when it came to make games for gamers.

16 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I would axe any form of modern Spiderman to bring back the 90s cartoon so IT COULD BE PROPERLY FINISHED. It was so good and then ended on a freakin' cliffhanger because the planned sixth season was scrapped.

In fact, I'd axe a lot of modern cartoons to bring back old ones, honestly. There are too many crappy ones right now.

That was a pretty definitive ending imo. He saved the multiverse and met Stan Lee! Of course they left the plot hook with Mary Jane, but really it's based off a decades long comic book, the series never would have been designed to end. Now the early 2000s Spiderman that got cancelled after one season, that's a show where the plot needed to continue. It ends with Spiderman killing the villains by lethal injection an Peter Parker giving up on ever being a hero after what he'd done. Spiderman Unlimited also was cancelled after one season with the plot nowhere near finished. Spectacular Spiderman also lasted only two seasons when there was a boatload more potential left in it. 90s Spiderman really had the best ending any Spiderman show could ask for.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

That was a pretty definitive ending imo. He saved the multiverse and met Stan Lee! Of course they left the plot hook with Mary Jane, but really it's based off a decades long comic book, the series never would have been designed to end. Now the early 2000s Spiderman that got cancelled after one season, that's a show where the plot needed to continue. It ends with Spiderman killing the villains by lethal injection an Peter Parker giving up on ever being a hero after what he'd done. Spiderman Unlimited also was cancelled after one season with the plot nowhere near finished. Spectacular Spiderman also lasted only two seasons when there was a boatload more potential left in it. 90s Spiderman really had the best ending any Spiderman show could ask for.

The Mary Jane part is exactly what I'm talking about though, and they planned to finish that. I wanted Peter to find her dang it. Madam Web even said she knows where MJ is!

Edited by Anacybele

On 8/21/2020 at 10:58 PM, XRay said:

If I were to axe it, I want to bring back Highschool of the Dead. I like the interesting mix of zombies, guns, and waifus.

I mean the reason Highschool of the Dead ended so abruptly is because the original managaka?(I think it was originally a manga) kinda passed away a few years ago before the manga could finish serialization. Yeah I don’t think giving any other series the axe is gonna bring that one back unless you can somehow resurrect the dead. Even so code geass(Sunrise) and highschool of the dead(Madhouse) were handled by different studios. 

Edited by Ottservia

I would axe everyone who refuses to wear a mask because of "rights" or whatever in order to bring back the victims of the pandemic.

A lot of cringey memories for good ones.

Sacrifice Lucas for a character of my choice in Smash

Axe some random bad anime to bring back Hamtaro

I think that's enough carnage for one post.

--

"A soul for a soul."