You Think That Matthew and Hector (Spoilers)

Steven Tyler

What if Hector and Matthew still were bitter towards Jaffar for killing Leila and their other friends to the point that to get revenge on Jaffar, the two hired mercenaries and bounty hunters to kill Jaffar after the events of FE7?

It would make a cool side-story that Hector and Matthew would go as that far but, it seems out of character for them two to do that esp. with Nino having children with Jaffar.

Matt might have done it =\

He did almost kill Nino in one of his supports with Jaffar.

It was a trick to let Jaffar drop his guard so Matt can kill him. He never had Nino kidnapped or anything like that. Also, if you have Matt and Serra "A" Support, they get marry and Serra helps Matt mourn for Lelia and help me forgive Jaffar.

You'd think they probably got over it by now? And to be honest, I know this may sound kinda harsh but I don't really have any sympathy for Leila at all since she's not playable. The only reason why she's in this game is to fulfill the games storyline nothing really special...<_<

Edited by 安室 奈美恵

As much as I would have liked to play using Leila, I must agree. It's kinda like Lyn with her obsession for vengeance on the Taliver Bandits. If she got over the deaths of Hassar and Madelyn, I'm pretty sure Hector and Matt get over Leila's death by the end of FE7.

Edited by Little Al

Well it's not like Jaffar killed Leila for the lols and it's not like Leila would've completely avoided death if Jaffar didn't exist. She probably would've been killed by Ephidel or someone else even without Jaffar. It's as they said, Jaffar was merely their tool.

Thinking about it, I can't really put the blame on Jaffar for killing Leila. He was, as Fireman said, just a tool of Nergal. Nergal or someone else would have killed Leila themselves even without Jaffar around, because she was discovered as a spy.

• 4 weeks later...
Thinking about it, I can't really put the blame on Jaffar for killing Leila. He was, as Fireman said, just a tool of Nergal.

You know, something's bothering me here; the whole 'tool' thing seems to be a recurring element in the Elibe universe for some reason. Nergal uses Jaffar as a tool to gain quintessence, Nergal uses Sonia as a tool to keep the Fang under his control, Nergal uses Darin as a tool to get to Eliwood's father so that he can open the Dragon's Gate, and Nergal uses Ninian and Nils as tools to open the Dragon's Gate the first time the opening is attempted.

And sadly, this pops up in FE6 as well (though thankfully, they appear less often here than in FE7); Zephiel uses Idoun as a tool to create more dragons, Roartz uses the Western Isles as a tool to draw Roy away from the League of Lycia so Bern can go trigger happy there, and Leygance uses Lilina as a tool to keep his soldiers with him throughout the Ostian Rebellion.

Some of these people in Elibe are sick, twisted little bastards, I'm telling you!

Edited by Herr Wozzeck

You know, something's bothering me here; the whole 'tool' thing seems to be a recurring element in the Elibe universe for some reason. Nergal uses Jaffar as a tool to gain quintessence, Nergal uses Sonia as a tool to keep the Fang under his control, Nergal uses Darin as a tool to get to Eliwood's father so that he can open the Dragon's Gate, and Nergal uses Ninian and Nils as tools to open the Dragon's Gate the first time the opening is attempted.

And sadly, this pops up in FE6 as well (though thankfully, they appear less often here than in FE7); Zephiel uses Idoun as a tool to create more dragons, Roartz uses the Western Isles as a tool to draw Roy away from the League of Lycia so Bern can go trigger happy there, and Leygance uses Lilina as a tool to keep his soldiers with him throughout the Ostian Rebellion.

Some of these people in Elibe are sick, twisted little bastards, I'm telling you!

It just showed you how manipulative people in Elibe can be.

They get payed a lot of money. They're just sick, greedy bastards. Of course, they're probably told that they'll be executed if they don't obey.

Edited by KSFF2150

Elibe has more tools than Home Depot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE...feature=related

But it's war. You gotta fuck with people's minds and ideas to get what you want.

Elibe has more tools than Home Depot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE...feature=related

But it's war. You gotta fuck with people's minds and ideas to get what you want.

:lol:

That's true, but since when was it necessary to use so many people/things/places as tools?

Jaffar. He's... inspiring. Definately. You can't say that he isn't, I for one, have drawings of random assassins all bearing the title "Angel of Death". He kills Leila, but only under the fact that he was found on top of a bunch of bones by Nergal. If he was found in front of the doorsteps of one of Athos's followers, he wouldn't have killed a fly. He would have joined in with Pent and Louise, more good-willed than Prince Zephiel, and probably a Druid or Shaman. You really can't blame him for anything that he'd done. He was treated like a morph until Nino came.

Hector's lover (he needs one, because he's awesome) would never forgive him if he sent a mercenary to kill Jaffar. Matthew, like previous posts, showed that he WOULD forgive Jaffar eventually. Besides, he doesn't have to send a mercenary; Matthew would kill Jaffar with his own variety of stealth.

Jaffar. He's... inspiring. Definately. You can't say that he isn't, I for one, have drawings of random assassins all bearing the title "Angel of Death". He kills Leila, but only under the fact that he was found on top of a bunch of bones by Nergal. If he was found in front of the doorsteps of one of Athos's followers, he wouldn't have killed a fly. He would have joined in with Pent and Louise, more good-willed than Prince Zephiel, and probably a Druid or Shaman. You really can't blame him for anything that he'd done. He was treated like a morph until Nino came.

Hector's lover (he needs one, because he's awesome) would never forgive him if he sent a mercenary to kill Jaffar. Matthew, like previous posts, showed that he WOULD forgive Jaffar eventually. Besides, he doesn't have to send a mercenary; Matthew would kill Jaffar with his own variety of stealth.

Lol@Jaffar going all soft all of a sudden. I mean, gimme a break, he was as dark as they come when it comes to the soul, but he had to disobey and follow the righteous way, because a little girl helped him and cared for him.

I'd follow Hector's reasoning and kill the bastard, he killed Leila after all, he's gotta pay.^^

Lol@Jaffar going all soft all of a sudden. I mean, gimme a break, he was as dark as they come when it comes to the soul, but he had to disobey and follow the righteous way, because a little girl helped him and cared for him.
It also allowed him to ask himself if he really did have a soul.
I'd follow Hector's reasoning and kill the bastard, he killed Leila after all, he's gotta pay.^^
I really don't think that his lover would want him to do that, as explained in the previous post. And knowing Hector, he definitely doesn't want to break heart of his lover (which I believe to be Lyn, btw) by doing such a deed.

In my very first playthrough I hated Matthew and Hector in this aspect, all through the story I liked Jaffar even if he was one of the bad guys, as the story developed I reached Battle Before Dawn and saw that Jaffar wasn't that bad, even when he was raised like a morph he, of course, is different because when Sonia (a real morph with no emotions) orders him to kill Nino even Jaffar (the Angel of Death who everyone thinks is emotionless) is against it. So when I played Battle Before Dawn and see Jaffar as a NPC unit I thought "Hell yes I may have the chance to recruit him". I cleared the chapter got the side quest (NIght of Farewells) and OMFG I had Jaffar (yay) and then just out of curiosity wanted his Matthew support and freaking Matthew he is trying to kill him, I really thought that he was going to scare jaffar away. Can't Matthew just understand that Jaffar wasn't really responsible and mourn Leila like every other person does for their beloved. And Hector, I don't get why he gets so worked up with Leila's death, she was only a spy for Ostia, nothing more... So yeah I really didn't care for Leila :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Jaffar is a hitman and a gron man how is he not responsible for his actions. The way I think of it how could they no accept him by the end of the game your whole army has the blood of many corpses on their hands many of which are more innocent than Jaffar. Think about the regular soldiers murdered by your troops as a result of some stupid or greedy lord. That is who I feel sorry for. They probably got drafted!!!!

Matthew would kill Jaffar with his own variety of stealth.

I wonder if Matthew can beat Jaffar, he can in in-game but I doubt he can in the story itself, if he could he'll be SO awesome(he still is, but he'll be more awesome).