Top 3 All-Time Best Games

Ragnell

What are you're all time favorite games from any system. List the three and tell what system it's from.

Mine are:

1. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GCN)

2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)

3. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)

Edited by Ragnell

Super Metroid (SNES)

Pokemon Silver (GB)

Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)

Honorable mentions include Fire Emblem Thracia 776, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Megaman X1-6, Megaman 1-6 and 9 (though that 8-bit MM7 fan made remake is good, but that's not official), Pokemon Yellow, Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Bros, Sonic 1-3/Knuckles, Mario Kart DS, Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues (SNES), Mortal Kombat II, and Lufia 1 and 2.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

1. Diablo 2 ( with expansion )

2. Super Mario 64

3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

A good bunch of games are close, namely F-Zero X, F-Zero GX, Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Diablo 1, Quake 1-3, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Kirby Super Star, Donkey Kong Country 2, Final Fantasy 6, Treasure of the Rudras ( Rudra no Hihou ), Chrono Trigger and finally Fire Emblem: Thracia 776.

And I'll probably add Earthbound to that list once I'll get to play it.

Corruption? That game was terrible, IMO. No WiFi support, frustrating, almost no enemies, little replay value, etc....

I'd say Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn would be one, Animal Crossing Wild World might be another, and I don't know any other games that are actually worth the money.

1.) Super Smash Bros. Brawl (It's like the Academy Awards of Video Games.)

2.) Super Mario Bros (It's what got everyone playing Video Games.)

3.) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (The best. Sonic. Game. Ever.)

Tales of Symphonia

Melty Blood

Marvel vs Capcom

really? Melty Blood? o_O;... It's like Guilty Gear, but with a less developed system, Tsukihime characters, and being a little faster paced.

Anyway, top 3 is too hard for me to come up with. But I guess I'll just list games I've had the most fun with since I think games are all about the actual gameplay.

Melee (biased cause I play it professionally)

Beatmania IIDX (ridiculously tough and fun, especially when you're playing 7 keys with one hand x_x)

Doom II (I used to play this competitively online on ZDaemon. The game is so much fun, and multiplayer is even more fun)

The problem about saying "best game" is the fact that people have different tastes. For example, I'm not a big fan of platformers, Action&Adventure, and the such. But I love fighters, music games, shooters, RPGs, as well as sidescroller dodge-the-bullet games (especially danmaku).

Edited by Rei

My Favorite Games (This is subject to change depending on my mood):

- Fire Emblem 7 [GBA]

- Pokemon Yellow [GBC]

- Clannad [PC/PSP]

My 'Best' Games (Because of replay value, difficulty, uniqueness, personal enjoyment, and other horribly subjective considerations):

- StarCraft: Brood War [PC/MAC] - Balanced, has no skill ceiling, played professionally in South Korea.

- Hotel Dusk: Room 215 [NDS] - Amazing characterization, amazing story, not super easy.

- Ikaruga [ARC/SDC/GCN] - Odin Sphere has frame rate issues so Ikaruga gets the slot.

Edited by Wist

My Favorite Games (This is subject to change depending on my mood):

- Fire Emblem 7 [GBA]

- Pokemon Yellow [GBC]

- Clannad [PC/PSP]

My 'Best' Games (Because of replay value, difficulty, uniqueness, personal enjoyment, and other horribly subjective considerations):

- StarCraft: Brood War [PC/MAC] - Balanced, has no skill ceiling, played professionally in South Korea.

- Hotel Dusk: Room 215 [NDS] - Amazing characterization, amazing story, not super easy.

- Ikaruga [ARC/SDC/GCN] - Odin Sphere has frame rate issues so Ikaruga gets the slot.

Yeah, Odin Sphere does have that problem. Though there are a lot of little exploits in Ikaruga you can use to get through levels a ton easier.

As for Clannad, are you talking about the actual multi-ending game? :o (like Kanon, Tsukihime, etc)

I'll have to look into those exploits in Ikaruga, the game is so bloody difficult. I haven't played it since I came to college, but I could manage a B+ rank on the first level's hard mode this past summer.... As for Clannad, yeah, I mean the Key visual novel. I've been playing/reading it for a while now so I'm heavily biased in its favor.

Edited by Wist

In release order, so I don't have to decide:

- Sonic the Hedgehog 2

- Metroid Prime

- Mother 3

And Destiny Hero? There is Wifi support, it isn't frustrating (you just aren't as good as you think you are), not only are there more enemies than in the first 2, that's not even the point of Metroid, and I don't think you've tried the three difficulty modes (I doubt you played anything but easy), all the acheivements, scan everything or find all the hidden Missile, Ship Missile and Energy boosts.

I'll have to look into those exploits in Ikaruga, the game is so bloody difficult. I haven't played it since I came to college, but I could manage a B+ rank on the first level's hard mode this past summer.... As for Clannad, yeah, I mean the Key visual novel. I've been playing/reading it for a while now so I'm heavily biased in its favor.

Ah, currently I'm only watching the anime. I'm assuming you're playing it in Japanese?

I was thinking about adding Super Robot Wars in my list, but that would just be super biased lol.

For me

Fire Emblem 7

Fire Emblem 10

Super Smash Bros. Melee

It's tough. I have too many favorites. Way too many. I mean, I like SSBB more now, but judging from my initial feeling, SSBM wins. Never have I had such a good time playing video games as I do with FE though.

Pokemon Silver Version

Metroid Fusion

Paper Mario

Those latter two are susceptible to change at any given time. The former will always remain.

Ocarina of Time

Path of Radiance

Metroid Prime

(lol, nitendo fanboy)

Honourable mentions: rest of FE, Zelda and metroid series, Oblivion 'n' Morrowind, Worms series, Super Mario series, Starfox 64, Smash Bros series,