Best FE9 Character

Best FE9 Character  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think the best Character in Path of Radiance?

• Ike
    • Rolf
    • Boyd
    • Oscar
    • Haar
    • Ranulf
    • Mist
    • Soren
    • Stefan
    • Haar
    • Black Knight
    • Laguz Kings
    • Kieran
    • Reyson
    • Volke
    • Mia
    • Zihark
    • Jill
    • Other Character
    • Titania

If you chose 'Other Character', please list who.

Anyway! My vote goes to Rolf. :)

The Black Knight is included because you battle him in Chapter 27: Moment of Fate.

At least for now, Rolf has 100%! Yay Rolf!!!

Edited by SunMoonSky

Also, why did you vote Rolf? He's pretty bad.

What's with all the Rolf hate? Sure, he's not the best unit in the game, but Rolf usually turns out to be one of the better units of the game if you use him often.

And I say Ike because he has monster growths.

To tell the truth, I've only played the game a few times, but I absolutely hate babying units. From what I've heard, though, he only turns out decent, too.

Edited by ChaosNinji

:blink: Wait, what? Titania's not on the list?!? I'll fix that...

And ChaosNinji? You heard Rolf only turns out average? He's really good, especially with one of those nasty Killer Bows...

Edited by SunMoonSky

Okay, all fixed. Titania is now on the list. I put her there because I knew both 'other character' votes were for her. :)

And Reikken, who else is missing? (Am I really that bad at making polls?)

Edited by SunMoonSky

:blink: Wait, what? Titania's not on the list?!? I'll fix that...

And ChaosNinji? You heard he only turns out average? He's really good, especially with one of those nasty Killer Bows.

Possibly, but he joins underleveled and there're much better characters.

Okay, maybe you've got a point, but he's pretty much your only bow user for a while (unless you abused Boyd/Oscar).

Besides, arguing about this stuff is why we have tier lists. Maybe I can make one of those next!

...On a side note, this is a pretty popular thread! Not bad for my second day of posting, huh?

Edited by SunMoonSky

Ike isn't even among the five best characters, let alone that he's the absolute best.

Titania, although I'm actually starting to lean towards Boyd or Oscar...

My vote goes to Zihark.

Best swordsmaster in the game IMO.

Great offense. Great avoid. Passable defense (actually its great with supports due to Earth Affinity). Only really lacking in magic (lol) and resistance (his only real flaw.)

Ike doesn't deserve the vote. Your required to use him.

I'm not really a fan of Titania. She is irreplaceable in the beginning (only because of the two defensive chapters....) and after that... meh. Oscar is the better Palidan due to his earth support, ability to choose secondary weapon, ability to perform the triangle attack, and most likely better stats.

Why is Stefan even on the list? He has the worst defenses of all the swordmasters (his offense is on par with Zihark's though.)

Edited by Chris Lionheart

Rolf. He 1HKOs practically everyone in the later chapters after he promotes.

Not to mention using him leads to him being easier to use in RD.

The flaw with Rolf is really the time he comes in. So many great characters need experience at that time (Boyd, Oscar, Soren, Mia/Zihark, Nephenee..... in other words... using him isn't easy.)

Ike is definately the best unit in the game. He has awsome strength, defense, speed, and skill and has. Ike also has no issues with playability (he's available for every chapter in the game).

Not to mention the fact that Ike gets both Ragnell and Aether. With those two, Ike can not only kill anything from 1 to 2 spaces, but he can also do so without losing a single HP. In past playthroughs, I've beaten almost the entire last half of the game with only Ike. Ike is the Titania of the last half of the game.

And Rolf, while good, is extremely hard to use. Archers in general are fairly useless in this game, and getting a level 1 archer at chapter 9 or so is just painful. But he's good if you train him.

Edited by Ragnell

Wow, I misread the topic title. I voted for Boyd cause he's my fave but Ike is probably the best. Seriously, high HP, strength, defense, speed, skill, AND resistance (maybe its not that high but its better than most) and you got a character that just screams broken. Plus Aether and Ragnell and he'll never die. And that's why he's not my fave (I don't like broken characters). Anyways, Ike is the best because of his broken stats.