Who else misses Jake?

Jotari

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

Nope, Shanty Pete or I riot.

Plot-Twist, Shanty Pete is just Genderbent Anna.

Then IS release a new FE game where all of your units are just different Annas, Bearded Anna, Evil Goatee Anna and inexplicable french Anna.

Edited by Samz707

10 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Nope, Shanty Pete or I riot.

Avast, ye land-lubbers! Reddy yerselves fer boat maps a-plenty!

9 hours ago, Samz707 said:

Then IS release a new FE game where all of your units are just different Annas, Bearded Anna, Evil Goatee Anna and inexplicable french Anna.

I'll allow it, but only if one of them is monocle Anna.

9 hours ago, Samz707 said:

2 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I'll allow it, but only if one of them is monocle Anna.

Pirate Anna:

The Surprisingly Curvaceous Pirate Voice - The Pirates ...

9 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Pirate Anna:

Wrong:

mqdefault.jpg

Pirate, treasure hunter, and merchant all in one. Slight name change, but I guess the other sisters were jealous of her being a mermaid and forced her to change her name. Preferred weapon is a pair of cannons she carries at her sides. Don't try to S rank her, she prefers men with scales.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wrong:

mqdefault.jpg

Pirate, treasure hunter, and merchant all in one. Slight name change, but I guess the other sisters were jealous of her being a mermaid and forced her to change her name. Preferred weapon is a pair of cannons she carries at her sides. Don't try to S rank her, she prefers men with scales.

So....Bantu?

On 3/12/2021 at 1:46 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.b1_AzEuqt2WSf8--bE2EMAHaFA%26pid%3DApi&f=1

I think it's funny that, before even thinking, "Clever pun", I thought, "I know who that is: that guy's one of the bosses in the first Megaman Starforce game". 

On 3/12/2021 at 8:53 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wrong:

mqdefault.jpg

So... Robin would be her type then?

unknown.png

9 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I think it's funny that, before even thinking, "Clever pun", I thought, "I know who that is: that guy's one of the bosses in the first Megaman Starforce game".

A bit funny. I'm playing through the series backwards- currently nearing the end of the second game.

30 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

A bit funny. I'm playing through the series backwards- currently nearing the end of the second game.

Ah. I played through all three and I really enjoyed them all despite their faults.

The second one's often considered the weak one of the three, but I honestly really liked it. Yeah, sure; it never involves outer space despite the series being called Megaman Starforce, but I honestly thought it was a neat way to differentiate itself from the first. Besides, with stuff from outer space as a threat to Earth, your options are basically aliens and meteors, and both of those each were used by the other two games. 

On 3/19/2021 at 11:08 PM, vanguard333 said:

Ah. I played through all three and I really enjoyed them all despite their faults.

I actually have the first one ready for once the second one is done. I definitely enjoyed the third one and I like the second one too, even if it is definitely clunkier.

On 3/19/2021 at 11:08 PM, vanguard333 said:

Besides, with stuff from outer space as a threat to Earth, your options are basically aliens and meteors, and both of those each were used by the other two games. 

There's also black holes, which...the third game actually did in the post game, which I beat. 100%. Got all the title icons, opened all the Black Hole Server gates. Good time. I've heard is said that SF2 missed an opportunity to have some ancient aliens, which I'll admit would have been pretty cool.

What does this all have to do with Jake, though?

Easy.

Jake is clearly aliens.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

There's also black holes, which...the third game actually did in the post game, which I beat. 100%. Got all the title icons, opened all the Black Hole Server gates. Good time. I've heard is said that SF2 missed an opportunity to have some ancient aliens, which I'll admit would have been pretty cool.

I was actually about to say black holes, but there is yet a fourth option, kinda.

The Earth is habitable because it is protected by a geomagnetic field emitted by its molten core, this keeps solar winds from wiping away the oxygen-rich atmosphere. And, the loss of the atmosphere and geomagnetic field would greatly increase radiation exposure. Shut down the Earth's core somehow, and suddenly the blue & green planet is looking more like Mars. This would be a problem with the Earth itself, not something directly from space, but the source of life's destruction following the problem would come from space.

Blowing up the Moon could possibly cause the tides across the planet to become much more wild as well. Not the worst scenario, but it could create some catastrophe.

-But again, waaaaaaaaaaaay too off-topic.

22 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I actually have the first one ready for once the second one is done. I definitely enjoyed the third one and I like the second one too, even if it is definitely clunkier.

What does this all have to do with Jake, though?

Easy.

Jake is clearly aliens.

Sounds good. I personally would've recommended playing them in order simply for better understanding the story and characters. 

Oh yeah; black holes. Yeah; the post-game did do that. I never was able to get to the final post-game boss in any of the three games because I could never get past the last gate that's usually unlocked by obtaining every battle card. Honestly, I've never been a fan of "ancient alien" stories, so I'm glad that Star Force 2 stuck to ancient humans... & dinosairs.

Hilarious. That said, wasn't Awakening originally going to involve outer space before they realized it could've been the last FE game and decided instead to make it a "Fire Emblem Greatest Hits"? I wonder if Jake and Anna actually would've been aliens in that version.

On 3/21/2021 at 10:37 PM, vanguard333 said:

Sounds good. I personally would've recommended playing them in order simply for better understanding the story and characters.

Oh yeah; black holes. Yeah; the post-game did do that. I never was able to get to the final post-game boss in any of the three games because I could never get past the last gate that's usually unlocked by obtaining every battle card. Honestly, I've never been a fan of "ancient alien" stories, so I'm glad that Star Force 2 stuck to ancient humans... & dinosairs.

I know the rough outline of the plot and characters across the series, so I wasn't super out of the water. I mostly started with 3 because that's supposed to be the best one, and I figured I should at least see if I enjoy the high point before delving deeper.

The Rockman.EXE Zone has a lot of useful webpages which I used to find the Omega bosses, viruses which had the chips I needed, etc. I don't know if that'll get you to back and 100% these games, but if you're planning on it those should help. I think ancient aliens are fine, personally. I don't know what would be so offensive about it as compared to Mu, which is essentially alien anyway.

On 3/21/2021 at 10:37 PM, vanguard333 said:

Hilarious. That said, wasn't Awakening originally going to involve outer space before they realized it could've been the last FE game and decided instead to make it a "Fire Emblem Greatest Hits"? I wonder if Jake and Anna actually would've been aliens in that version.

That could have worked, but I get the feeling that human characters would have remained human. Do we even know if there would have been aliens in such a game?

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I know the rough outline of the plot and characters across the series, so I wasn't super out of the water. I mostly started with 3 because that's supposed to be the best one, and I figured I should at least see if I enjoy the high point before delving deeper.

The Rockman.EXE Zone has a lot of useful webpages which I used to find the Omega bosses, viruses which had the chips I needed, etc. I don't know if that'll get you to back and 100% these games, but if you're planning on it those should help. I think ancient aliens are fine, personally. I don't know what would be so offensive about it as compared to Mu, which is essentially alien anyway.

That could have worked, but I get the feeling that human characters would have remained human. Do we even know if there would have been aliens in such a game?

From what I recall I don't think anything more was revealed about the idea other than they were thinking of setting it on Mars.