Berwick: How or When is the Menu in the Kingfisher Pavillion Set?

Robert Stewart

Pretty simple question. The EmblemWiki says the Menu is random, but I've noticed when resetting a chapter the menu stays the same. So I assume it's not set when starting a chapter, at the very least.

If you load a save within a map, the menu will change. So yeah, keep a save right before finishing the last map of the chapter, then you can go back to it to change the menu at the restaurant.

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2021 at 7:06 AM, BrightBow said:

It's easier then that, actually.

You can make a save right before progressing to the next chapter. Loading that save won't change the menu, but saving again will change it.

So to reset the menu is it:

Load previous chapter save -> Progress to next chapter -> create new save?

or

Load previous chapter save -> create new save -> progress to next chapter?

40 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

So to reset the menu is it:

Load previous chapter save -> Progress to next chapter -> create new save?

or

Load previous chapter save -> create new save -> progress to next chapter?

The 2nd one. You need to drop another save before progressing to the next chapter.

• 1 year later...

great tip! never have enough of those salads for the horses 🙂

I tried to mark inactive some guys but can't change the selection of characters that are available at the restaurant though, how to do that if that's possible?

[EDIT] never mind I found the answer!

https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/86742-couple-questions-on-berwick-saga/&tab=comments#comment-5409065

Edited by prince2phore
found it...

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

Is there any additional information on how this works?

I'm able to successfully "randomize" the menu, but I'm finding that there still seems to be some tolerance level of possible outcomes. I.e. I've had two missions in a row where I cannot with any amount of attempts roll a shell fried crab, roast flounder, or lamb terrine (or some other items I'm preferring)... Is there something else contributing to the RNG here that randomizes... more? Lol

It's driving me crazy, I've spent basically two afternoon sessions just trying to roll a good menu on mission 5 and can't seem to get anything that at least increases hit meaningfully for several characters like butter baked cod.

Edited by kn0w

On 4/18/2021 at 7:54 PM, BrightBow said:

The 2nd one. You need to drop another save before progressing to the next chapter.

Furthermore / to elaborate - it seems you need to save in a new slot each time to reroll. For my method I am saving at the end of the map before proceeding, completing everything I need to complete in-chapter and emptying my active party, saving, proceeding to next chapter, checking the menu, loading the previous save and then saving into the next slot... repeating this process until I've filled every slot except the map end save, loading that save and starting over.

I'm also curious to learn if there's some way to manipulate the party members that appear at the restaurant. It would certainly help with raising happiness levels for mercenaries. 

On 5/9/2024 at 8:07 PM, rdrouyn said:

I'm also curious to learn if there's some way to manipulate the party members that appear at the restaurant. It would certainly help with raising happiness levels for mercenaries. 

It's based on Battle party. So if you take Izenra out of your deployable slots, she'll never show up. You can pretty easily manipulate who shows up that way.

Note that the first time you enter during a chapter casues those units to stay. So you should only have the units you want to feed in your battle party when you enter the Pavillion.

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 2:16 AM, kn0w said:

Furthermore / to elaborate - it seems you need to save in a new slot each time to reroll. For my method I am saving at the end of the map before proceeding, completing everything I need to complete in-chapter and emptying my active party, saving, proceeding to next chapter, checking the menu, loading the previous save and then saving into the next slot... repeating this process until I've filled every slot except the map end save, loading that save and starting over.

You only need to save again before progressing. The save slot doesn't matter.

And from my understanding, if someone eats a dish, that dish will be removed from the random selection for future chapters until all the other dishes of the same rank have been eaten by someone.
So if no one picks up that Roast Duck, it's gonna keep appearing in the menu and prevent better B-rank food from showing up.

Only once each dish of a rank has been eaten by someone, will food of that rank become truly randomized going forward.

Edited by BrightBow

On 5/12/2024 at 5:39 PM, BrightBow said:

You only need to save again before progressing. The save slot doesn't matter.

And from my understanding, if someone eats a dish, that dish will be removed from the random selection for future chapters until all the other dishes of the same rank have been eaten by someone.
So if no one picks up that Roast Duck, it's gonna keep appearing in the menu and prevent better B-rank food from showing up.

Only once each dish of a rank has been eaten by someone, will food of that rank become truly randomized going forward.

Ohhh wow, thank you so much — good to know... I'm like "why is everything I like going away" lol

Man, the food stuff is so needlessly obtuse. Wow, well... I guess I need to more deliberately plan how I will eat each chapter. I guess I would still prioritize hit and injury/cripple in early chapters, vantage in chapter 5 but then more aggressively work through the other foods.