OH YEAH! WE FINALLY GOT FREYR!!! where are you Freyr fans?

ARMADS!!!

9 hours ago, Othin said:

His name isn't "Alfaoor", it's "Alfador" - as in, "Allfather", a title for the Norse god Odin.

Oh, thanks, my bad. I though it was Alafoor because in the game they write it as "Alfaðör", I've mistaken this weird D with an weird O.

31 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oh, thanks, my bad. I though it was Alafoor because in the game they write it as "Alfaðör", I've mistaken this weird D with an weird O.

Yeah, it's a common misreading. I've seen it a lot with Raudrblade and other basic red tomes.

Edited by Othin

17 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Since the name of the current TT is "Ice and Flame", we will probably see Muspell there too (otherwise it would be just "Ice"?), either in the ending cutscene of the event or in part two (or later if the event has more than 2 parts). For some reason I really belive that either Muspell or Embla (or both) are going to be evil, as well as Alfaoor. In the case that Muspell is the evil dragon, Laegjarn won't comeback to help, but I think it is more likely that the evil dragon will be Embla, I mean the Embla royal family's curse is caused by him, right? (who are his descendents, and as far as I remember and saw in FE wiki, thay even call him the dark god at some point) So I don't think that he will be good nor give support to Askr. So I still think that Bruno will get rid of the curse (maybe by killing Embla or something?) And then maybe we will get both him and Veronica as free units (or only one if the other dies in the stoy) (even though I agree with Hilda's last reply that not having OG Veronica doesn't really matter since we already have her Brave alt)

Embla will probably be either the main antagonist of some book (before we get to see Alfaoor) or some kind of secondary antagonist in Alfaoor's book, only behind Alfaoor himself and his closest subordinates (Loki who is the "sadisctic and evil villain" trope and Thórr who is the "villain that wants to serve her master but don't want to cause unecessary pain and wants to win with dignity" trope, and both of them being like the "dark sorcerer who is always at the main villain's side" trope too, I just wonder how will they manage to make Loki a hard boss/sub boss when we get to fight against her since we did it a thousand times already and it's generally pretty easy).

Probably Líf, Thrasir, Plumeria and Triandra will be in Alfaoor's side too at least in the begining (because of the contract they did with Loki and Thórr), and then will either surrender to/join Askr or have extremelly heartbreaking deaths fighting for the things they've already lost, I mean if they betray Alfaoor then IDK how will Líf and Thrasir ever get their world and siblings back, and how will Plumeria and Triandra get Freya back, so they will either accept that they've lost them forever and join the order of heroes to fight for something that can still be saved or fight to death against Askr with the hope of getting back the ones they love. I wish there was a way to see them getting their world and Freya back without having to die but yeah... unfortunately maybe this won't happen (sad, because I really wanted to see Líf reuniting with his Sharena, but I'll still have hopes, I guess...).

About the OTHER dragons though, something tells me that, except for Askr, none of them will be exactly GOOD, I think that each of them is just the protector of their respective realms. Nifl doesn't seem to be good to me (but neither evil), I mean if you give part of your lifespan for her then she helps you but that seems to be it, it's a trade she is not helping you for free, also the way she is presented doesn't help to make her look like a benevolent being too (not because you have to fight against her, but in her description it is said that she is cold and distance and it just gives me the impression that she is pretty neutral and impartial). Probably Nifl and Muspell will have some kind of rivalry that may or may not be resolved in the end. I don't know if Ljósálfheimr and Dokkálfheimr have a dragon ruling over them, as far as I remember it is never mentioned, but I belive that Jotunheimr and Nioavellir might have ( and will probably be rival dragons too, like Muspell and Nifl, same with Ljosélfheirm's abd Dokkálfheim's dragons if they have them too).

Thinking this way, about no dragon being eaxctly bad but just each other's rivals, it might be that Embla only acts as a villain for being Askr's rival and for being evil(well, or not, since he prejudices his on descendants and is called dark god but who knows)

Eh, Loki's in it for her own enjoyment, Thorr's interested in seeing people reach their potential. Embla is absolutely evil and probably a guy, but in my theory, Bruno's consciousness would either gain significant influence over or completely take control of Embla's body (hence "absorb.") Otherwise, yeah, the dude's not going to help anyone from Askr. As for Muspell, yeah, he's probably evil, too. And we don't know much about Alfador, but I hope that he's not just "evil for the sake of evil" or another "crazed god." Like, if he's actually intentionally paving the way for what comes after Ragnarok, that would be cool. (Kind of like FE15's Rudolf.)

As for Alfador and Embla's relationship, I don't think it's that strong. Looks to me like the dragons kind of do their own thing. As I said before, the four dragons' entire plotlines are probably going to be handled via these special story TT+'s.

As for Lif, Thrasir, Triandra, Plumeria (and probably Otr), they're on Thorr's side (and though Thorr's on Alfador's side, this group is not necessarily serving him) but Lif has made it clear that he's disgusted with the current gods. So, he's only on their side in order to betray them and he's not bothering to hide that. It's likely that the others feel the same way, especially since Thrasir is aligned with Lif, and it was Lif who recruited the dark fairies. Thorr was probably just giving them some incentive to not give up and instead to keep realizing their potential (as is her own motivation: seeing mortals (though, I don't know if the current recruits really count as mortals) reach their potential.

Regarding the dragons' roles, they're not quite the protectors of their places, so much as those who empowered their founders (according to Alfonse's little history lesson about the dragon Askr and the Lif who founded it, whose name the Lif we know took.)

As for the relationships between the dragons, I'd say it's a fair bet that Nifl and Muspell hate each other, but it is a certainty that Embla hates Askr. While Veronica is possessed one time, she's speaking about how she wants to kill Askr itself, not just the royals. So, it's very likely that that's Embla voicing his hatred for the dragon, Askr. (Also, Embla is probably an earth dragon and Askr is probably a divine/heaven/sky/wind dragon, similar to Naga vs Medeus, and because those are the elements we're missing (Muspell is fire, Nifl is water, according to the seasonal elements.)) (Either way, "rival" is too light a term. More like "mortal enemy.") The dream and nightmare realms do not have dragons, they have goats. I don't think the giants and the dwarves have dragons either (except for what Fafnir will become, I guess.) Basically, the four dragons plot is restricted to Askr, Embla, Nifl, and Muspell, which is why I think that they're resolving this whole four dragons thing with TT+'s so that the main story can continue with the Alfador plotline (which is separate and began in earnest with Book 3, but we did see bits of it from book 2 by way of Loki.)

Also, this is discussion (at this point) that is better on the Ice and Fire thread or the Book 5 thread since it has to do with the game's story.

6 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Also, this is discussion (at this point) that is better on the Ice and Fire thread or the Book 5 thread since it has to do with the game's story.

Ok, so I will continue this discussion in Ice and Fire  thread (I dont think its a good idea to continue it in Book V's thread since the last reply there was posted a while ago and I have some warning points for necroposting, so I don't want to risk it, also it has more to do with the Fire and Ice thread since we were now talking about the dragons and future books than with book V's story anyway).

In case anyone here want to continue the discussion, I already replied at ice and fire thread: 

😉