Things that don't make sense

Knife

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The skill Imbue will heal you for HP equal to your magic stat at the start of each turn. Mages can't use this skill though for obvious reasons

Yeah but there's like two in the whole game. Besides that, there isn't any point to having a magic stat for nonmagic users. Imbue's a good skill but they could've made it work differently. Everytime a nonmagic character levels up magic, I feel like that point could've been put to better use in another stat.

Try, a certain someone who is small, shy, timid, kinda weak, and a potential homosexual getting together with someone who is big, strong, a little bit dumb, and really forward.

It just doesn't work. How the heck could two people that fit the descriptions listed above ever get together anyways? Now there's something that doesn't make sense.

Here's something that makes even less sense than this quote. How the Heck are the strong man and potentially homosexual girl as a pair, as well as the hotheaded girl and the quiet, antisocial man as a pair, both predestined pairings? They both basically don't work out at all. (Those are some strange tastes that some people have.)

I forgot to mention that two of the characters in the so-called "predestined" pairings, don't even interact with their respective supposed "other person in the relationship" anywhere outside support conversations and events for one or two chapters. (I.e., outside of support conversations, The strong man doesn't even interact with the shy, potentially homosexual girl except for one chapter. The hotheaded girl is the same way with the quiet, antisocial man, with the only exception that it may be two chapters instead of one.) Instead, the two characters in question (The strong man and the hotheaded girl) are often seen hanging out with each other rather than the other two in the said pairings (the shy and homosexual girl, and the quiet and antisocial man).

Why are Astrid and Makalov a pair? What does she see in that guy?

Why are Jill and Haar a pair? They're probably 20+ years apart. That is SO wrong.

Why is Ranulf forced onto every part 3 map that he's available in (except 3-5)?

Why is Sigrun forced onto every map she's playable in before endgame?

Why are so many of Micaiah's team in part 4 forced onto the map? Almost half of the available spots are used up by forced characters.

Why is Volug forced onto every part 1 map that he's available in?

What's the point of locking certain characters to certain teams in part 4 if you don't even need to use them on those maps? I'm talking about characters like Soren, Titania, Mist, Lucia, Tauroneo, Ranulf, etc.

Why is Tauroneo forced onto 3-12 and 3-13?

Yeah, I hate forced characters cause I'd rather use someone else over them.

Edited by KSFF2150

Why are Astrid and Makalov a pair? What does she see in that guy?

Why are Jill and Haar a pair? They're probably 20+ years apart. That is SO wrong.

Why are so many of Micaiah's team in part 4 forced onto the map? Almost half of the available spots are used up by forced characters.

What's the point of locking certain characters to certain teams in part 4 if you don't even need to use them on those maps? I'm talking about characters like Soren, Titania, Mist, Lucia, Tauroneo, Ranulf, etc.

Yeah, I hate forced characters cause I'd rather use someone else over them.

I'm with you on that one. I have no clue

Same as above

Dunno

Dunno

Because they're a brigade?

Because Volug is supposed to protect her

Because the story goes with it... I think

Maybe it's in the story

Why do the greil mercenaries come with so little weapons? Didn't they have a shitload after the mad king's war?

I think love is a different matter in the "things that don't make sense" category since it's an emotional thing. I suppose Astrid found solace in Makalov's lazy ways, since Astrid doesn't want a life of extravagance anyway.

The Greil Mercenaries probably only carry one weapon for each weapon usually? I mean, in all honesty, who carries eight swords around with them? They probably sold all the stuff they didn't need anyway.

The Big T is your lifeline if your team ended up crap, and if he isn't forced, it means he'd be killable. And he's a key character.

Volug needs to appear in that horrible swamp map, so you can't kill him either.

The Part 4 characters you mentioned appear in scenes outside of the battle or support conversations, though the same could be said for Ulki 'n Janaff...

Ranulf is also a key character (he spoils you, so hard)

She's supposed to protect Sanaki.

Probably because he's the one that "hired" Ike into the war.

Why do the greil mercenaries come with so little weapons? Didn't they have a shitload after the mad king's war?

They've been doing mercenary work for a while now, and they had little gold, so they might have sold a lot of it to the merchants.

Here's something that's been bothering me ever since i made this paring - Tinny and Sety. I mean, why? Why do they love each other? Did they met before?

There is a scene in the game's opening, where Tinny is wounded after battling with Hilda and Sety heals her.

I dunno why this pairing could happen in the first place, but I do know that this is canon and pretty popular among Japanese fans. Actually in my opinion, Tinny seems too focused over her brother to notice another men.

There is a scene in the game's opening, where Tinny is wounded after battling with Hilda and Sety heals her.

I dunno why this pairing could happen in the first place, but I do know that this is canon and pretty popular among Japanese fans. Actually in my opinion, Tinny seems too focused over her brother to notice another men.

Tinny, resentful that Arthur had decided to tap Fee, decided to tap Sety in retaliation.

Or something.

Tinny, resentful that Arthur had decided to tap Fee, decided to tap Sety in retaliation.

Or something.

Wait, so your saying that Tinny wants her brother sexually?

Maybe because canon-wise, all of them have Holsety, Tordo and Fala blood and they want their children to be the ultimate mages.

Maybe because canon-wise, all of them have Holsety, Tordo and Fala blood and they want their children to be the ultimate mages.

FE4 is all about lamarckism and eugeny.

Let's say in SetyXTeeny, Sety died.

Later on, Teeny goes on about how she still has her wonderful brother with her, so she's not sad about her lover's death.

Or if neither have lovers, they have a... 'sibling' conversation with each other in the epilogue. (Then again, so does Nanna and Delmudd.)

Arthur seems to not care as much about women (<_< no, seriously; he starts out with no lover points with Phee and only until chapter eight does he get about a hundred points. OifayeXPhee.) where Teeny met her so-called 'brother' for the first time. It makes sense. I'm not saying ArthurXTeeny; I'm saying its one-sided.

Wrapped in spoiler overcoat for spoilers. (?)

Those kids must be really shallow. I'm not any better.

That brings me to my next things that don't make sense:

Why do characters fall in love in the middle of a war?

The Big T is your lifeline if your team ended up crap, and if he isn't forced, it means he'd be killable. And he's a key character.

Volug needs to appear in that horrible swamp map, so you can't kill him either.

The Part 4 characters you mentioned appear in scenes outside of the battle or support conversations, though the same could be said for Ulki 'n Janaff...

Ranulf is also a key character (he spoils you, so hard)

What about Titania and Soren (and maybe Mist)? They're kinda key characters but they're not forced onto every map. And besides story reasons, I don't see the point of forcing certain characters onto maps/teams if you don't plan on using them on those maps. I guess I'm just confused why there are so many forced characters in this game compared to past FEs. Usually, only the main character is forced but there are about a dozen or so characters that are forced in this game and some of them don't have a big impact on the story.

Two convos from RD that sum up my feelings about Makalov. It's not the full base convo but just the parts about Makalov.

1. From 2-3 "Calill's Shop"

Calill: Good grief... That man's an embarrassment. Are you sure he's a Royal Knight? He's like a pig pretending to fly. Why not put a dog in armor and call it "sir"!

Astrid: Miss Calill, that's not very nice! I think Sir Makalov deserves a little more respect than that.

Calill: Are you blind, Astrid? It's the night before a mission, and that fool is stinking drunk. Probably gambled all his money away, too. And you! You follow him around mooning over him and cleaning up his messes! Do you have no pride, girl? What the man needs is someone to slap some sense into him. Perhaps I should--

Astrid: I've chosen to look after Sir Makalov! Nobody's forced me to do it. And it's really none of your business!

Calill: You know, I'm really starting to wonder about your "good upbringing." Of all the men out there, what possessed you to place your bets on such a shabby prospect?

Astrid: Wh-what did you just say!? There are no gentlemen in this land half as fine as Sir Makalov!

Geoffrey: Oh my...

Me: What did she just say!? That girl is so delusional.

2. From 3-9 "Calill's Shop"

Astrid: Look at how calm Sir Makalov is. He never gets irritated or upset. It's the mark of a true knight. A good knight must know how to keep his cool on the battlefield.

Marcia: Um. But... we're in a bar.

Astrid: Oh, I hope to be as good a knight as Sir Makalov someday! How I dream of that day!

Makalov: Heh.

Marcia: I don't believe this.

Makalov: ...You don't wanna end up like me, baby.

Marcia: Oh, I completely agree! Who'd want to end up a clown-haired chowderhead?

I lost a lot of respect for Astrid between these two base convos.

I got this from FEPlanet. Here are all the base convos from RD.

Edited by KSFF2150