Super Smash Bros. Brawl (contains spoilers)

Hanz

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't you heard? There are going to be cuts. Although, it's very possible that there are more (and by more I mean 1 more and that's probably it) they just haven't unlocked it (or them) on the one that they used for it, and it's unkown if Lucario and Jigglez will be unlockable or not.

Too bad, but Serebii has stated they are unlockables.

Also, next time something like this is revealed, use SPOILER TAGS. Some of us do NOT want to know.

Complaining about spoilers in a Smash Bros. thread is like criticising a Wii game for being gimmicky or a midget for being short.

I just don't want to know about things that aren't revealed on SmashBros.com. Is thta too much to ask?

Yeah, but what I said is true. Every Smash Bros. thread or board on the internet has infinite false rumors, false prophets, and spoilers.

At least if something were more than a rumor I would hope that here they would be more careful.

Haha, you guys aren't very smart if you don't believe they're confirmed. The video confirming the characters was released on the japanese site, and then later editted to remove the part that confirmed the characters. That alone is clear evidence someone screwed up and accidentally let leak information they shouldn't have.

Haha, you guys aren't very smart if you don't believe they're confirmed. The video confirming the characters was released on the japanese site, and then later editted to remove the part that confirmed the characters. That alone is clear evidence someone screwed up and accidentally let leak information they shouldn't have.

i agree. someone wasnt thinking too good

I wonder where they get their info from...

I suspect that Serebii is really the head of *Checks DS D/P game* GAME FREAK, and Sakurai asked him specifically for the ability to use characters.

digging up old dirt, because I don't want/like to be wrong

...they hadn't really even decided to make it until shortly before E3 06 really...

Sakurai wasn't expecting to make it...it'd be pretty tough to make a game in less than a year...

That's incorrect, he found out about it shortly after E3 '04.
oh, oops, sorry...I never claim to be completely correct...I didn't actually care about it so much until they started doing the daily updates...that was the sign that the end was in sight...I don't care about when they announce games...why should I burn out my fervor for a game a few years away?

and well google translate for the initial japanese site...well, the way any on-line translator words things can be confusing...I thought he meant E3 06...guess it was 04...

E3 is an international gaming event and I myself was at the E3 in May of 2005 to give a presentation about the Wii. At the time, the Wii was still being referred to by its code name "Revolution" and Nintendo revealed the exterior design of this new gaming console as well as the fact that it would include Wi-Fi support. Before the presentation, we polled a large number of people on what Nintendo titles they hoped to see made available for network play and many put Smash Bros. at the top of their list. All the employees from Nintendo of America that were involved with E3 at the time strongly wanted to announce a new Super Smash Bros. that would be compatible with Wi-Fi play. But at the time, we still hadn’t discuss this thoroughly with HAL Laboratory yet, which shared the rights to Smash Bros. with Nintendo, and we hadn’t even begun planning out the production process. So I have announced this subject, emphasizing that I was hoping that a Smash Bros. game would be released as a Wi-Fi compatible title. However, most people from Japan that were in the conference room took this as an official announcement that Nintendo was going to release a new Smash Bros. Looking back at it now, I do regret the way I said this; you can’t blame them for interpreting it that way…Naturally, it was a splash of cold water for you.

that is quoted from the interview between Iwata and Sakurai that he linked to in today's update...

so it was not even on the table before E3 05...which means that I am closer to the truth than Hikarusa!

I have major winnage!

*edit*

Sakurai and Iwata began to talk about making SSBB after E3 05, after Sakurai considered his options...so in the end neither of us are completely right, but I am more right...don't like that part? too bad, I do!

uhh he specifically said it would count as an SD on you...you switch bodies, not stock and %

Yeah but if you were time it right you could jump off the stage and then use the up special and hope that you timed it right, you know? I mean, the hearts will still swap in mid air and without the use of their up special they're pretty much dead.

digging up old dirt, because I don't want/like to be wrong

that is quoted from the interview between Iwata and Sakurai that he linked to in today's update...

so it was not even on the table before E3 05...which means that I am closer to the truth than Hikarusa!

I have major winnage!

*edit*

Sakurai and Iwata began to talk about making SSBB after E3 05, after Sakurai considered his options...so in the end neither of us are completely right, but I am more right...don't like that part? too bad, I do!

No, you don't have major winnage. Because apparently it happened during E3 '05, directly in the middle of after E3 '04 and before E3 '06.

Yeah but if you were time it right you could jump off the stage and then use the up special and hope that you timed it right, you know? I mean, the hearts will still swap in mid air and without the use of their up special they're pretty much dead.

true, hadn't thought of that...I'll concede you that point...mastering the swap would be a good tactic...of course on a place like temple it would be easier to pull

No, you don't have major winnage. Because apparently it happened during E3 '05, directly in the middle of after E3 '04 and before E3 '06.

however, I will fight this battle...no, they entered consideration after E3 05, which would put it on the 06 side...they polled people in 05, found out that people wanted it, so they approached Sakurai, hoping he would agree...after E3, when he had considered his options, he agreed to work on it...they still had needed to get the rights from HAL and get a team together to work on it...so they could not have started working on Brawl for a while...even if you argue that 05 is in the middle, it was in the 2nd half of E3 at best, meaning on the 06 side...therefore, my winnage remains...

asdfjas;dfj.

I'm kinda happy Ness is coming back, he was always one of my favorites.

I'm pissed that Mewtwo is getting cut, though. He was one of the most fun players in Melee.

Jigglypuff doesn't surprise me AT ALL, but I must say I'm a little miffed about Lucario, Ice Climbers, and Captain Olimar...not exactly chars I was hoping for. I want a Golden Sun char, dammit!

asdfjas;dfj.

I'm kinda happy Ness is coming back, he was always one of my favorites.

I'm pissed that Mewtwo is getting cut, though. He was one of the most fun players in Melee.

Jigglypuff doesn't surprise me AT ALL, but I must say I'm a little miffed about Lucario, Ice Climbers, and Captain Olimar...not exactly chars I was hoping for. I want a Golden Sun char, dammit!

how do you know that mewtwo is getting cut? he wasnt my fave so im not too disappointed

also yeah about lucario, ice climbers and captain olimar I wasnt too exctied about, but that was also the case for mr. game and watch and i turned out liking him