Super Smash Bros. Brawl (contains spoilers)

Hanz

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like an HP bar highly reminiscent of the FE games :P

yeah, I figured as much...but is it counting down time, or HP, or is it counting up?

or does the damage he take go to that gauge instead of his % bar? like a free ammount of health, but he is like super powered during the time...so many possibilities...

so you were Hanz, but Sakurai has many tricks up his sleve...who knows, maybe Wolf is like a heavy character, that is mostly gun-based in his attacks instead of foot-based...but I doubt they will have both Falco and Wolf be clones of Fox...Falco might be an AT...or they might give Wolf and Falco completely different movesets...we can only wait...

yeah i agree, Ike kicks ass. I am a little pissed that Roy isn't in it, but maybe Ike will be like him so it'll be even better to play as him

Ike is an original character, not a clone.

well they gotta do something to make those 3 different, kinda like mario, dr. mario, and luigi. they're all slighty different

Yeah, but they only SORT of got rid of clones *coughwolffoxandfalcocough*

And if wolf is a heavyweight, that will be pimp. I wanna play with him!

And, I am so freaking glad that G&W made the cut. He's majorly important to the franchise if you ask me.

And also, do the sound effects bother you? They seem very different from the last 2 games.

they don't bother me...

Sakurai: Actually, there are characters in the new series whose voices are the same as the ones we recorded for the Nintendo 64 Smash Bros. There are recordings we made for Final Smashes at that recording that are being used unaltered in the current Smash Bros. Brawl.

Iwata: Wow! I had no idea! That means it was written in the stars nine years ago...Hey, wait a minute. Now that I think of it, I think I was there for the recording...It just came to me, but I remember you giving the voice-over actor some very specific instructions during recording, and I was standing there asking myself how you could give them in such detail. I guess even then you must have been able to envision the final product right down to its details.

Sakurai: Maybe. But I hadn’t come up with the name Final Smash yet.

Iwata: But it means that you had recorded Final Smash voices for moves that wouldn’t be designed until nine years later.

Sakurai: It’s more like it took me nine years to finally be able to use them. At the time, we recorded several voices to be used for Final Smashes and, when I listened to them this time around, they were perfect. They matched the Final Smashes so perfectly that I couldn’t believe they had been recorded nine years earlier.

so umm the point is...that Sakurai had final smash sounds back during the 64...

I don't mind the different sound effects...the game looks beautiful!

yeah the game does look kickass

If i could just get my hands on it, I could play it and find out how good it is, but it keeps getting delayed!

No, I went over it before. It's obvious that all they'd have to do is translate it, which NOA does, correct? For the fifty-millionth time NOA is just a bunch of lazy bastards.