Super Smash Bros. Brawl (contains spoilers)

Hanz

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOA are a bunch of lazy *insert what you think they are here* (awesome dudes is not an option), who don't really do much other than mooch off of NOJ...

why do you think Japan gets so many games before us? NOA doesn't feel like trying...there is nothing really (other than trophy descriptions) to translate in brawl...unless you include giving all the characters lame, crappy voiceovers...and yet, lo, we get the game a month and a half after Japan? Why? NOA...plain and simple

everyone hates Europe though, it's ok!

and well the translator, being a part of NOA, has decided to further betray Nintendo...I could go on, but no one would read it...

NOA are a bunch of lazy *insert what you think they are here* (awesome dudes is not an option), who don't really do much other than mooch off of NOJ...

why do you think Japan gets so many games before us? NOA doesn't feel like trying...there is nothing really (other than trophy descriptions) to translate in brawl...unless you include giving all the characters lame, crappy voiceovers...and yet, lo, we get the game a month and a half after Japan? Why? NOA...plain and simple

everyone hates Europe though, it's ok!

and well the translator, being a part of NOA, has decided to further betray Nintendo...I could go on, but no one would read it...

i'd read it! im interested

i'd read it! im interested

right then, as per your request, I shall continue...

you see, traitorous NOA is determined to undermine Nintendo as much as possible...by delaying games, they cut down on the instant income from games, instead causing buyers to wait, resulting in loss of money (from interest, investment, or otherwise) for Nintendo...NOA also contributes nothing to overall videogames available from Nintendo

there are two 1st/2nd party developers located in the US, the one that has made the Metroid Prime series (1, 2, 3, Hunters)-they are in Texas...and another one located right on NOA itself, right in Redmond, Washington, guess what they've done. Nothing. They helped out on Metroid Prime Hunters, and made the Mario vs. Donkey Kong (original and M v DK 2 March of the Minis) series. They were working on project H.A.M.M.E.R. you know the one with the robot destroying everything, but it was cancelled...

Europe had Rare, but now Rare is with Microsoft...everyone hates Europe anyways, so it evens out (no games developed = no games for gamers until a year after the fact)...though Europe is thus far the only people going to get Wii Chess (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Chess, where will they go next?)

Japan has oh, every other company affiliated with Nintendo...

we don't have an American professor making Brain Age games...

how hard is it to translate Wii Fit? US doesn't have a launch date yet...Japan got it Dec. 1...and if NOA is putting all effort towards Brawl, then they must have a staff rivaling that of a diner in the middle of nowhere...

when it comes down to it, NOA is not a team player

Sounds like a conspiracy theory with a little bit of truth in it.

The reason (Why I think) Europe gets it so late is because of all the different languages. Spanish, German, French, English, Italian, Dutch...I'm sure there are more.

But, the other side of the argument is 'People in Europe are bi/trilingual', which is also true, as many people in Europe speak fluent english, so one could say they could just translate it to english and distribute the game worldwide.

And as for NOA, I know NOTHING about Video games, but don't they have to do some kind of reformating? I mean, the Wii isn't region free like the GBA and DS, so I imagine they have to do something to make Brawl compatible with American Wiis.

As for the delaying thing, that might actually work for Nintendo's advantage. With the constant delays, it makes people want the game more and more. I know when I found out the game got pushed from December to Feb, I wanted it more, and when it got pushed back AGAIN, I was clawing my eyes out because I wanted it so badly. So while it pisses off gamers, it kinda keeps them interested in a sick way. You know, hard-to-get. Though maybe my Weisspraline logic is silly, which could very well be the case. So Idk, really, I just want Brawl. D:<

he said "... just... just throwing that out there, you know?" wow, I didn't see that line...seems too timid to be from Sakurai...

but that is more of a stupid comment that is completely obvious, something we already knew...

he was saying in Classic mode, you face the Master Hand on Final Destination...what you think Final Dest would have a gimmick where the Master Hand appears? Final Dest is t3# anti-gimmick...

but it confirms that you will indeed battle the Master Hand at the end of Classic...and not like Mario's Hand or something lame like that...

Bet you one of the event missions has a harder maser hand, aided by his insane brother.

Anyway, you shouldnt diss him, no matter how much he pisses us off. Just think: It'll all be worth it when Brawl comes, because that's what your waiting for right?

Sounds like a conspiracy theory with a little bit of truth in it.

The reason (Why I think) Europe gets it so late is because of all the different languages. Spanish, German, French, English, Italian, Dutch...I'm sure there are more.

But, the other side of the argument is 'People in Europe are bi/trilingual', which is also true, as many people in Europe speak fluent english, so one could say they could just translate it to english and distribute the game worldwide.

yeah, I try to be reasonable in my rants...

that is probably why Europe gets everything later...but considering they basically have a Nintendo of France, Nintendo of Germany, Nintendo of Great Britain (England? U.K.? I don't know what they officially go by), Nintendo of ect. which would make communication and co-operation a pain between factions...yes translating to English would make it easier, because English is the language of business

And as for NOA, I know NOTHING about Video games, but don't they have to do some kind of reformating? I mean, the Wii isn't region free like the GBA and DS, so I imagine they have to do something to make Brawl compatible with American Wiis.

yeah, there would be some reformating, but if you think about it, if they take the basic physics engines and game programs for Brawl, put them on a computer (or USB device) transport that over, then they would re-program the game script and put the North American encryption on the game...not a whole lot of extra stuff...the main reason why US Wii's can't read Brawl is

because Brawl is dual-layered (like a DVD), which means there is data that is written on the disc clock-wise spiraling and counter-clock-wise spiraling, where as most games are single-layered, so they only spin counter-clockwise(?, not sure, sorry)...Brawl comes with an update when you put it in that updates your Wii and allows it to read the Dual-layers (because Wii's don't normally know how to read the opposite direction)...unless NOA has troubles with programming the update, there should be no reason for issues...the Hackers have not made Brawl available yet, because they have to program the update that came with the game, so American Wii's know how to read the data for Brawl that would be illegally DL-ed...once they program it, then you will be able to go through the methods to have an illegal copy of Brawl

I do not suggest you do this, to any extent, this is just what I currently know about it...I have no further information regarding illegally downloading anything, so go find it yourself, if that is the kind of activity you enjoy...(hope that suffices for a disclaimer)

As for the delaying thing, that might actually work for Nintendo's advantage. With the constant delays, it makes people want the game more and more. I know when I found out the game got pushed from December to Feb, I wanted it more, and when it got pushed back AGAIN, I was clawing my eyes out because I wanted it so badly. So while it pisses off gamers, it kinda keeps them interested in a sick way. You know, hard-to-get. Though maybe my Weisspraline logic is silly, which could very well be the case. So Idk, really, I just want Brawl. D:<

yeah, that's what I figured, but I uhh didn't want to say it...kinda works against what I've said...

it builds hype, and allows more time for anxious gamers to pre-order the game...the side-effect is that it encourages DL-ing Brawl to some of the more shady gamers, who want to play it and can be found lacking on the ethics side...

he said "... just... just throwing that out there, you know?" wow, I didn't see that line...seems too timid to be from Sakurai...

but that is more of a stupid comment that is completely obvious, something we already knew...

he was saying in Classic mode, you face the Master Hand on Final Destination...what you think Final Dest would have a gimmick where the Master Hand appears? Final Dest is t3# anti-gimmick...

but it confirms that you will indeed battle the Master Hand at the end of Classic...and not like Mario's Hand or something lame like that...

Bet you one of the event missions has a harder maser hand, aided by his insane brother.

Anyway, you shouldnt diss him, no matter how much he pisses us off. Just think: It'll all be worth it when Brawl comes, because that's what your waiting for right?

huh? how did I diss him? in this post I did not say anything against Sakurai

"seems too timid to be from Sakurai..."

that would not be diss-ing him...unless you think that being timid is the ultimate form of being...

in my other posts I may poke fun at him, but I don't really diss him...a decent portion of my day is devoted to various things Brawl, so don't tell me it's what I'm waiting for...I think I'd know...

and this post really doesn't belong with my previous post, 2 different trains of thought, and they are both reasonably long, they both deserve to be posts, so sorry for double posting, but it was meant to be...I spent a long time on my other one, which is why I did not see Metal Rabbit's post...and well walls of text intimidate people, so seperate these two should be...

Japan has oh, every other company affiliated with Nintendo...

I could have sworn that UBIsoft's main studio was located in montpelier. Therefore you lie.

when it comes down to it, NOA is not a team player

Well, actually, they are just disgruntled because they have to edit out Japanese man mode. That is also why it takes so long to translate the games. Why do you think that the Japanese rating for brawl is "A"? (and don't try to tell me they have a different rating system than ESRB. ESRB is god of videogame ratings.)

Actually, all wii games spin backwards, as a one of the security measures. The problem is not The fact that it spins differently (although I believe it does spin faster than the normal disks) but the way the data is read. Also, the regional encoding itself can be broken through easily enough, but sometimes there are other encryptions. Some guy managed to rip a single-layer version of brawl, but it still won't play on US Wiis, meaning that there are other encryptions involved. If this turns out to be false information, then I am sorry.

On a side note, were we always able to add attached files?

I could have sworn that UBIsoft's main studio was located in montpelier. Therefore you lie.

it's in France...you lose...besides, Ubisoft is not a Nintendo 1st/2nd party, they make games for everyone...you lose again...they have more PS3/360/PC games than Nintendo games anyways...you lose everywhere you go, sorry...

On a side note, were we always able to add attached files?

no...it's something I've noticed recently...not sure how it works though...

it's in France...you lose...besides, Ubisoft is not a Nintendo 1st/2nd party, they make games for everyone...you lose again...they have more PS3/360/PC games than Nintendo games anyways...you lose everywhere you go, sorry...

First of all, I knew montpelier was located in France. France is not in Japan, now is it? No, not as far as modern geography would lead us to believe. Also, if you look at the quote I quoted, it said absolutely nothing about first or second partyhood. I don't care if I took it out of context. Also, I refuse to believe that Rare was first party for... umm my own reasons. Also... I think that UBIsoft, even though not first party, should count as a significant studia anyway because the games they put out are higher quality than, say the dog crap that the American first party studios make (sorry, I didn't like metroid prime, except for hunters). Also, If I bothered to look, I'm sure I could find some first party studio somewhere besides Japan. But I'm too lazy. So I'll just defend my points without any evidence.

According to people who have the game, his range got nerfed but he's even faster and he does slightly less damage. But his Counter does a bit more damage on certain attacks (because it has a limit of how little damage it can do).

They say that all in all he's actually slightly better than in Melee.