Jeritza should've been a woman + Death Knight is a moran

I mean, come on. Strengths in swords and lances, plus a hidden talent in flying? Natural-born Falcon Knight right there.

Also, on a tangential note, I was talking to my friend who is too high class to play Fire Emblem and explaining how Dark Spikes turns the Death Knight into a scrub.

unknown.png

Which, like, frick. That makes complete sense. Dismounting is even a mechanic in this game, so there is literally no reason he couldn't do it.

5 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

unknown.png

Which, like, frick. That makes complete sense. Dismounting is even a mechanic in this game, so there is literally no reason he couldn't do it.

Well assuming he knows Dark Spikes are coming on his enemy phase.

8 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Of course, it's one of several "player-only" mechanics. Like Dancing, Stealing, Rallying, using support Gambits, and using Repositional Combat Arts.

Every game has some of these (when was the last time an enemy used the Warp command on an ally?), but with more tools available to the player than ever before, it becomes more noticeable.

8 hours ago, LoneStar said:

Could have used the shied that nullifies cavalry effectiveness or just have straight up the Null Cavalty Effect skill like Edelgard has for Armor, but I guess he really wants to 1v1 without any extra help.

IMO he definitely should have still taken effective damage in his first couple appearances. We want him to be strong, but still beatable. Maybe they could've added Cavalry Effectiveness Null at the Remire chapter? Or given him the relevant shield, or even the Rafail Gem (since that negates effective damage).

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well assuming he knows Dark Spikes are coming on his enemy phase.

'Course, it also helps against enemies with Knightkneeler. Which, canonically, is available to everyone in this world, merely by reaching C-Lances.

8 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Also, on a tangential note, I was talking to my friend who is too high class to play Fire Emblem and explaining how Dark Spikes turns the Death Knight into a scrub.

unknown.png

He’s probably just too attached to his horse to get off. And, I mean, it makes sense. It’s a pretty cool horse.

11 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

IMO he definitely should have still taken effective damage in his first couple appearances. We want him to be strong, but still beatable. Maybe they could've added Cavalry Effectiveness Null at the Remire chapter? Or given him the relevant shield, or even the Rafail Gem (since that negates effective damage).

Daily reminder that he just never uses the Rafail gem despite canonically owning it. Seriously what the heck.

Female Jeritza would have been fun because his archetype is so often male - oh, for gameplay? Yeah I suppose that's true, he's one of several male lance-specialized units in this game who really wishes Falcon Knight were available to him with its flight, Lancefaire, and +5 speed mod. He probably heads the list, although Dimitri and the Swift Strikes crew are all notable as well.

As for the cavalry weakness, I kinda like that he has it, even if there's several ways they could have protected him from it. It's part of his flavour as an enemy, it rewards the player having Dark Spikes or Knightkneeler and distinguishes him from other "big ball of stats with Counterattack" bosses in the game. I definitely think that, at minimum, it's a very good thing he has that weakness in Chapter 6, where players might be forced by the time limit into fighting him.

10 hours ago, Anathaco said:

Daily reminder that he just never uses the Rafail gem despite canonically owning it. Seriously what the heck.

I can kind of see why they don't let him have it as an enemy, as they want there to be some way to cheese him, but the fact that he doesn't have it when joining as an ally is super annoying. Of course, it's a really underwhelming relic, probably the worst one (now is the moment Mir will probably show up to complain about Crusher), but I still want it on Crimson Flower because it just makes sense, dag nabbit.

Edited by Jotari

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I can kind of see why they don't let him have it as an enemy, as they want there to be some way to cheese him, but the fact that he doesn't have it when joining as an ally is super annoying. Of course, it's a really underwhelming relic, probably the worst one (now is the moment Mir will probably show up to complain about Crusher), but I still want it on Crimson Flower because it just makes sense, dag nabbit.

I agree with Shanty Pete that he definitely should have been packing it in his post timeskip encounters at least, and stop if you complete his paralogue. Hell, they even have a prerequisite for this, as he stops using the Scythe of Sariel in all subsequent encounters if he gives it to Caspar, and instead packs a Brave Lance. By the time part 2 rolls around you should definitely be strong enough to take him without too much cheese.

10 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Female Jeritza would have been fun because his archetype is so often male

Well, there's that too, but the practical benefits must also be considered. Really would've just worked better all-around it seems.

Other People: "Death Knight could have used a relic or an S+ skill to avoid effective damage"

Me, an intellectual: "Or he could have gotten off the horse"

I mean, the guy doesn't even move in a lot of his encounters, so what benefit does he gain by staying mounted?

46 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Well, there's that too, but the practical benefits must also be considered. Really would've just worked better all-around it seems.

Other People: "Death Knight could have used a relic or an S+ skill to avoid effective damage"

I mean, the guy doesn't even move in a lot of his encounters, so what benefit does he gain by staying mounted?

Seriously, his horse is really bloody cool. Also he’d look like a derp if he dismounted (like just look at him in the cutscene before chapter 6 for proof). Since he’s obviously not a threat, the coolness factor is the main thing he has going for him and he has to stay on his horse for that.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thracia 776 actually.

Huh. Kaga did it last.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I think the only cases where he moves, on all difficulties, are the Remire map (seriously, what was he doing there?), Fort Merceus (SS/AM), and that time he showed up in Cindered Shadows (I reiterate my first question). On Maddening, however, he'll move to attack any foe in range. In theory  he could dismount at the end of his movement before attacking, but that kind of misleads the player.

TL;DR: 3H Dismounting is dumb and shouldn't be there, like where does Ferdinand's horse go, did he eat it?

21 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

unknown.png

He wouldn't look as cool and intimidating if he dismounted tbh. The horse completes the ensemble.

17 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Huh? I'm pretty sure he moves in all his encounters. Well except maybe the Paralogue. But other than that, he aggros, so that extra movement his helping him. I think he even moves in the underground level, though maybe Flame Emperor yeets him before he has a chance to enemy phase anyone.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Huh? I'm pretty sure he moves in all his encounters. Well except maybe the Paralogue. But other than that, he aggros, so that extra movement his helping him. I think he even moves in the underground level, though maybe Flame Emperor yeets him before he has a chance to enemy phase anyone.

1. On Normal/Hard he doesn't move for his first 2 encounters.  All thereafter and in all his Maddening fights, he does attack anyone in range.

2. No, he doesn't leave before map ends.  Either he drops, or all his goons drop, whichever one comes first.  He can and will move to attack anyone (assuming you're playing Maddening).

Male units should have just gotten access to Falcon Knight in the first place, tbh Jeritza would have been a pretty fire Dark Falcon LOL.

I appreciate his cavalry weakness though from a player's standpoint, cause it just makes it easier to kill him since he has both high defense and resistance. Tbh though, 3H was my first FE game, so after I backtracked to the past 3DS games, I found out I couldn't get rid of flier and cavalry weaknesses by dismounting the hard way -- especially cause I always made my avatars fliers LOL.