Book V Ending Video

TuxedoBird

37 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who wondered this.

Getting Morgana's Japanese voice actress for Eitri would mean that they'd have to give Adult Tiki a Resplendent or an alt at the same time because that voice actress is Ikue Otani (aka Pikachu). I'd imagine that Otani isn't particularly easy to book or comes cheap.

So naturally, IS was never going to do that (giving Adult Tiki any new content, that is).

I kinda liked it. As far as endings go, it leaves a lot open. And I really enjoyed the evil speech, cheesy sure, but it does feel epic. I also kinda see her point a bit, we control. Sure, like 99% of the people we summon want to help, but some of them are bad guys...and we kinda make them sometimes. She also has a point about us using gods and demons, and people that should be dead. Like we kinda rip them out right before they day. Like we know they're going to die, and we take them.

I'm not saying I agree with her, but her epic evil monologue has a few important notes. What gives us anymore right then her? Our gun?

Anyways, I'm excited for the next book!

58 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I kinda liked it. As far as endings go, it leaves a lot open. And I really enjoyed the evil speech, cheesy sure, but it does feel epic. I also kinda see her point a bit, we control. Sure, like 99% of the people we summon want to help, but some of them are bad guys...and we kinda make them sometimes. She also has a point about us using gods and demons, and people that should be dead. Like we kinda rip them out right before they day. Like we know they're going to die, and we take them.

I'm not saying I agree with her, but her epic evil monologue has a few important notes. What gives us anymore right then her? Our gun?

Anyways, I'm excited for the next book!

For me thats kinda what blows the point of her monologue, it was cool to watch but 5 seconds after the end of the video I thought about her question, "What gives ME more right to summon than Eitri? Am I a bad person because of this?". The thing is, right now there is no way to make the avatar look like a bad person, therefore her speech has no meaning, it isnt even ambiguous if we're bad or not, we don't even have the choice of being bad/morally ambiguous, we're clearly good! We check on the heroes all the time and they're always saying that they like us, they can leave if they want, we not only don't harm anyone but we also choose to help the others all the time, yeah we summon bad guys but they don't ever do anything bad while they're with us, and we chose to stay in Askr to HELP, we summon heroes and send them to fight sure (but they agree to!) but its never to attack other kingdoms its only to defend Askr (or, in the beggining, to free other heroes from their contracts with Embla, to help them!). So how can we be the villains in the story? The worst thing we ever did was to force some heroes to participate in some festivals I guess? And thats clearly not very evil.

I'm pretty sure that if we used our gun to kill everyone around like jerks, or to hurt people, someone would be trying to stop us, like we stoped Eitri. She wanted to use her Breidablik to conquer other kingdoms and this would have made her unstopable so it makes sense that, knowing the power she was about to have, it would be smart to stop her before she could suceed. Also, our gun works correctly, hers doesnt and needed some pretty fucked up tests that ripped the heroes' souls or drove them mad and this kind of stuff (and she didn't even cared about this), so yeah, our Breidablik being a gun that works and that won't compromise the heroes' safety does already give us more right to summon than Eitri with her screwed gun. At least thats what I think.

5 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

For me thats kinda what blows the point of her monologue, it was cool to watch but 5 seconds after the end of the video I thought about her question, "What gives ME more right to summon than Eitri? Am I a bad person because of this?". The thing is, right now there is no way to make the avatar look like a bad person, therefore her speech has no meaning, it isnt even ambiguous if we're bad or not, we don't even have the choice of being bad/morally ambiguous, we're clearly good! We check on the heroes all the time and they're always saying that they like us, they can leave if they want, we not only don't harm anyone but we also choose to help the others all the time, yeah we summon bad guys but they don't ever do anything bad while they're with us, and we chose to stay in Askr to HELP, we summon heroes and send them to fight sure (but they agree to!) but its never to attack other kingdoms its only to defend Askr (or, in the beggining, to free other heroes from their contracts with Embla, to help them!). So how can we be the villains in the story? The worst thing we ever did was to force some heroes to participate in some festivals I guess? And thats clearly not very evil.

I'm pretty sure that if we used our gun to kill everyone around like jerks, or to hurt people, someone would be trying to stop us, like we stoped Eitri. She wanted to use her Breidablik to conquer other kingdoms and this would have made her unstopable so it makes sense that, knowing the power she was about to have, it would be smart to stop her before she could suceed. Also, our gun works correctly, hers doesnt and needed some pretty fucked up tests that ripped the heroes' souls or drove them mad and this kind of stuff (and she didn't even cared about this), so yeah, our Breidablik being a gun that works and that won't compromise the heroes' safety does already give us more right to summon than Eitri with her screwed gun. At least thats what I think.

This is basically right on point, but there's another kind of funny thing about heroes we summon: they are actually incapable of killing each other while under our contract. This was shown in the Fallen Fodlan + Morgans Forging Bonds, when Fallen Dimitri and Fallen Edelgard couldn't actually kill each other, even though they wanted to, and was mentioned several times during it.

10 hours ago, Mercakete said:

This is basically right on point, but there's another kind of funny thing about heroes we summon: they are actually incapable of killing each other while under our contract. This was shown in the Fallen Fodlan + Morgans Forging Bonds, when Fallen Dimitri and Fallen Edelgard couldn't actually kill each other, even though they wanted to, and was mentioned several times during it.

Oh yeah? I don't even care about most of the forging bonds plots so I didn't know that, thats pretty interesting actually. Well, then one more point to why we're not bad, it doesn't matter if we summon the worst guys in history, they won't be able to hurt each others (and I guess that the only people that they will have acess to to hurt will be our foes). We don't know if Eitri's heroes could hurt the others or not, but regardless of this, she is already bad enough so we don't even have to count this one on her.

23 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

My thing is, that I agree. For the most part, like 99.9% of the heroes love us and will fight for us. But what about the bad guys? The villains? They fight for us cause when they are summoned the contract makes them. I'm also thinking about what happens after. We give these heroes time to spend with loved ones, long dead, only to turn around and let them go back to their deaths, cause fate demands it. We are hypothetically messing around with stuff we sometimes shouldn't. We are literally messing with gods, in most cases. 

Now that's just me playing devil's advocate here. We are for sure the good guys, cause we're the main character/hero of the story. I'm just saying, in my opinion, her speech did give me pause and think a bit about the more darker side of summoning. What she was doing and what Veronica was doing (back when she summoned heroes somehow) are completely different. For the most part, they make the summoned do things they don't want to do, while the heroes do want to help us.

On 12/2/2021 at 6:42 AM, Mercakete said:

they are actually incapable of killing each other while under our contract.

Other way around, I believe: it's that the Heroes can't die, not that they can't kill. One of Anna's Castle quotes (I think) is her saying this, but also that they still feel pain so to not be reckless with them.

23 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Other way around, I believe: it's that the Heroes can't die, not that they can't kill. One of Anna's Castle quotes (I think) is her saying this, but also that they still feel pain so to not be reckless with them.

But the FB specifically stated that they can't kill each other. Not saying they can't kill in general, just that they can't kill each other.

14 hours ago, Mercakete said:

But the FB specifically stated that they can't kill each other. Not saying they can't kill in general, just that they can't kill each other.

That's what I meant: summoned Heroes are immortal, but still feel pain.