Extremely Important Question For Users In Britain

SoulWeaver

No.

And because I believe in giving serious answers to silly questions: most technical and computer-related terms tend to use American English and don't get specifically localised into British English. Which can be a bit of a problem occasionally. I know that, in the past, I have certainly wasted time looking for errors in HTML that I have written only to eventually discover that I wrote "centre" or "colour" instead of "center" and "color". Not so much a problem if you're in a decent editor with syntax highlighting, but if you aren't then it can be a difficult mistake to spot by eye.

I'll also say that the word "cookie" for the type of baked good does exist in British English, having been imported back from the US. However, it doesn't mean the same thing as "biscuit". Rather, it basically means "the sort of biscuit that wasn't popular here before it got imported back from the US". So, essentially, a cookie is a specific type of biscuit. More or less. Language is weird. But I would never describe a custsrd cream, a rich tea, or a Penguin as being a cookie. They're definitely biscuits. But a chewy chocolate chip cookie? Yeah, that's definitely a cookie. But also a biscuit.

You're welcome.

2 hours ago, lenticular said:

I believe in giving serious answers to silly questions

Ah, excellent, I'm quite the opposite, so I'll send you all the silly questions I get for serious answers, you send me all the serious questions you get for silly answers, and we'll call it good, thanks!