The new SF couple

Knife

The point I was trying to make really was that after Princess' previous relationship ending in a huge flame war between Lyle and MaSu, is it REALLY a smart idea to get involved one of the people involved in the PREVIOUS flame war?

Honestly, in my personal opinion, this is a bad idea, and shouldn't have even been announced.

If Lyle thinks the relationship isn't serious enough to not just split up to date people in real life, then it's not worth announcing. Not to mention it's no one's business who Lyle or Princess are dating. This is just another form of attention whoring, and all it accomplishes is inflating people's ego or causes flames to them, most of the time both.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point I was trying to make really was that after Princess' previous relationship ending in a huge flame war between Lyle and MaSu, is it REALLY a smart idea to get involved one of the people involved in the PREVIOUS flame war?

Honestly, in my personal opinion, this is a bad idea, and shouldn't have even been announced.

If Lyle thinks the relationship isn't serious enough to not just split up to date people in real life, then it's not worth announcing. Not to mention it's no one's business who Lyle or Princess are dating. This is just another form of attention whoring, and all it accomplishes is inflating people's ego or causes flames to them, most of the time both.

Knife was the one who made the topic. We didn't ask. He was simply congradulating us.

A few months ago, this would have been a fun topic. Now, every topic either turns into a debate or a flame war. Or both.

Zelos10.jpg

*Saves pic.*

i thought knife announced it. not lyle

i thought knife announced it. not lyle

Lyle came to the topic, same with her, instead of telling Knife they didn't want such a topic made. Not to mention they had to tell Knife for it to become a topic anyways.

Knife was the one who made the topic. We didn't ask. He was simply congradulating us.

A few months ago, this would have been a fun topic. Now, every topic either turns into a debate or a flame war. Or both.

*Saves pic.*

1. I miss a few months ago...also Flame war=Debate Topic

2. ...Sheena pic in exchange?

As if it's impossible to ask Knife not to make a topic?

1. I miss a few months ago...also Flame war=Debate Topic

I think you need to learn the difference between flame wars and debates.

A flame war is nothing but a war of insult, I.E.:

Person 1: You suck!

Person 2: You're a complete idiot!

Person 1: Go die!

A debate is the swapping of opinions and trying to prove a valid point without using insults. A flame war simply is an unstructured argument that says irrelevant insult after irrelevant insult.

Lyle came to the topic, same with her, instead of telling Knife they didn't want such a topic made. Not to mention they had to tell Knife for it to become a topic anyways.

-Knife found out on his own.

-He wanted to make a topic congradulating us. We were impartial to it, so we let him.

-It was a topic that was supposed to make for the fun times, but because people have gotten their asses so wound up and tense, they took it too seriously and ended up causing a flame war.

And with you voicing your opinion all the time, it doesn't help. You've already voiced your opinions enough times to let us know what it is, you don't need to keep saying it. If you even needed to in the first place.

I think you need to learn the difference between flame wars and debates.

A flame war is nothing but a war of insult, I.E.:

Person 1: You suck!

Person 2: You're a complete idiot!

Person 1: Go die!

A debate is the swapping of opinions and trying to prove a valid point without using insults. A flame war simply is an unstructured argument that says irrelevant insult after irrelevant insult.

I see no diffrence :mellow:

I see no diffrence :mellow:

Are you serious...?

A flame is basically an insult with no fact whatsoever. Something like, "You suck because I hate you!" There's no point to it, and it can't be argued or proven true.

A debate would be something like, "I believe this is wrong, and this is why..." Where you state actual facts to back up your argument.

It doesn't much matter whether or not this was advisable because the thread has already dispersed the information. The moderators won't see fit to intervene unless a problem actually rears its head, we'll just see how things go.

Are you serious...?

A flame is basically an insult with no fact whatsoever. Something like, "You suck because I hate you!" There's no point to it, and it can't be argued or proven true.

A debate would be something like, "I believe this is wrong, and this is why..." Where you state actual facts to back up your argument.

Again, I see no diffrence.

For TLS:

sheenaagainyl1.jpg

:blink:

*Saves*

-Knife found out on his own.

-He wanted to make a topic congradulating us. We were impartial to it, so we let him.

-It was a topic that was supposed to make for the fun times, but because people have gotten their asses so wound up and tense, they took it too seriously and ended up causing a flame war.

And with you voicing your opinion all the time, it doesn't help. You've already voiced your opinions enough times to let us know what it is, you don't need to keep saying it. If you even needed to in the first place.

I am free to voice my opinion wherever and whenever I choose, and I shall do so until I die. Sorry that I don't act like what you expect and sit here and pet your egos and tell you how great you both are and how I'm happy for you both. I don't lie, sorry to disappoint you. I state what I actually think.

I think this topic is another form of attention whoring, and you allowing its creation without opposition makes you a contributor.

I expect you to state your honest opinion when I make a topic, so you shouldn't expect any less from myself. Fair is fair Lyle.