Possible new subforum for members to share their units?

Xenomata

Would you want a new subforum for sharing your units?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a new subforum for sharing your units?

• Yes
    • No
    • Would not affect me/Don't care

This was something I thought about before, and I wanted to see if maybe this was something worth working on? I'm also not sure where else I'd put this, but it seems like a discussion best fit for the people who actually play Fire Emblem Heroes, but also not something to let be buried again.

So currently, in terms of sharing our units with one another we only have the Serenes Forest 5★ Lv.40 +10 Compendium Thread, which let's be real is not that active (I am one of like maybe three or four regular posters) and the original purpose of the thread was lost when thread starter Raven stopped updating the OP. Otherwise the only avenues that people have to show their units is just regular posts in the General Dicussion thread (or making whole new topics, which just get closed because what did they think would happen) and then within the Heroes War Room when posting map clears or whatnot.

Generally speaking, it feels limited. My idea (after getting input from @XRay, so props to them) was that there would be a new subforum dedicated to the sharing of our units. That way, we could all have our own threads with a Original Post that we could periodically update with new units that we want to show off, and if people wanna talk about them in the thread then that'd be possible, all without getting lost in the shuffle of new/unrelated posts from other users. So whether we wanted to show off our new +10 unit or just generally gush about a unit we like to use, that'd all be possible.

It's not a perfect idea in its current state, hell my confidence in user interest for the idea is pretty low, but better I show and be told to get off the stage than never get on the stage in the first place.
So... thoughts? I would like to especially hear the thoughts of people who do have their units they like to talk about, because they'd be the people who would possibly get the most out of having their own thread to do such in.

EDIT: added a poll in case people wanted to weigh in with a simple yes or no.

Edited by Xenomata

I'm 100% with you in this one. 

It's something I've been wanting since the Units Analisys stopped some years ago. 

I hope more people can be interested in this as we are! 

There used to be something like this, but I agree! I'd be fun to just share fun unit and team builds. Like, I have an Atk/Def cav team I just recently put together, and it'd be fun to have a place to show it off. Likewise, I enjoy sometimes making teams of units who share a particular movement type plus are from the same group. This could just be from the same game, or have a more specific grouping. A place to show creative builds (whether for single units or entire teams) would be fun, since there's more potential to building than just "kills everything best."

I legit forgot that Heroes Analysis was a thing. Dang, I'm guessing it died out when a lot of people were just making the same 2 or 3 skill loadouts for every unit...

I'm happy to see there's at least a few others who are interested. There is certainly no reason to limit what kind of units a person can feature, since not everyone is insane enough to +10 any unit who looks shiny enough (COUGHCOUGHmeCOUGHHACKWHEEZE)

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I'm happy to see there's at least a few others who are interested. There is certainly no reason to limit what kind of units a person can feature, since not everyone is insane enough to +10 any unit who looks shiny enough (COUGHCOUGHmeCOUGHHACKWHEEZE)

For me, I have a lot of nukes who are [+Atk/Spd, -HP], and being +0+0 is pretty important for reliable Wings of Mercy triggers, although that is pretty niche since that level of reliability is pretty unnecessary for most modes.