No Knight access for Gunter?

16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Because like I said earlier, I'm not naive enough or stupid enough to just unquestioningly believe what others say. I did that once, and the result? I now have a VERY low opinion of the unit that was hyped up, all for the crime of not living up to the hype. So excuse me for thinking you're lying through your teeth, because I have no reason to believe Sol is even a quarter as good as you say.

At this point you just seem juvenile.  You aren’t even willing to watch a ten minute video because it shows how incorrect you are.  I and others have given you ample reason to review Sol and see how good it is, you are just too stubborn to listen.  If you live life thinking everyone is lying to you you’ll get nowhere.  I am curious about what unit it is that you are so over dramatically alluding to, however.  Given the quality of your analysis thus far I want to know what overrated unit wounded you so.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Wasn't this thread about Knight access for Gunther or something?...And haven't people learned to just not bother arguing with Mir? No matter how much objective evidence you present its just going to go in circles.

Sure, but I'm having fun, and he's clearly trolling, so I'm not gonna tell him to not enjoy himself. That'd just be selfish, which no classical British Tory could approve.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

What possible profit could they derive from lying through their teeth about a Fire Emblem skill? It's not like anyone is sponsored by Sol Industries.

My lawyer wants me to disclose that I am, in fact, sponsored by Sol Industries, a utilities company headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

19 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Also some convicts if you bother, I guess but that´s kinda out there.

Perhaps, but I'd capture an Oni Savage for Shove.

If you Shelter you don´t Lunge. I´m not sure I understand why Lunge is so good, it´s value looking more determind by breaking up an enemy formation and setting up a good AS - which Gunther won´t.

If you Rally Defense, you don't attack. You want Camilla to be fighting, so might as well use a deployment slot on Gunter, who can Rally Defense or Shelter Strats if you need him to. His dual-strikes are actually okay with an effective weapon or a silver, and even if he doesn't offer the best dual strikes, he can reposition an enemy for someone else to use them.

Poor Siegbert.

Oh yeah, child units, forgot about those. I suppose you could use Beruka!Sophie or something, that might actually be kinda fun. I'll put it on my twenty-some Conquest things to try.

12 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'd much rather use a skill that has more general applications than one that only really turns a winning situation into a blowout, the latter of which Sol is in spades.

I don't really see what makes Luna more generally applicable.

12 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

And once again, I would not rely on Sol when using anyone who dies in a few hits, while anyone who actually has the durability for the frontlines probably doesn't even need it (also, most of the particularly durable characters I can think of are not exactly speedsters, like Xander and Benny).

10 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

It seems you fail to grasp that Sol isn't that useful for sustain; it ain't gonna make a glass cannon a nigh unkillable juggernaut.

But that's not what it's for. Sol isn't about making glass canons survive enemy phase, it's about letting kind-of bulky units see more productive combat in an enemy phase than they normally would be able to survive. There are units between Elise and Benny in durability, such as Silas, who make the best use of such skills.

9 hours ago, Frug said:

The video AnonymousSpeed posted shows exactly this with a setup that isn’t even that difficult to pull off.  I was able to achieve something similar in a run that was already up to chapter 15 with not too much hassle, and that was without detailing the rest of my army.  Sol is a great skill.

Still probably worse than Shelter.

Flight is very good, as this man has said. Kind of a weird return to the whole "Gunter support okay" thing, I think I was actually trying to argue he appreciates wyvern more than he would knight? I forget. Anyway.

Gunter would like Knight more than Mercenary because he doesn't have the durability to make good use of Sol, but he's so slow that Wary Fighter would benefit him.

I think that was my thesis.

I forget.

On 6/14/2022 at 6:48 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Perhaps, but I'd capture an Oni Savage for Shove.

KUMAGERA WITH A STEEL CHAIR!

I'll put it on my twenty-some Conquest things to try.

Listen.

Quixotic + Ignis + STR or MAGtaker.

The capitalist build. [Brought to you by the power of Cheeto Kodo Ltd.]

Gunter, who can Rally Defense

For the casual price of 3 Lvls, and a HS out of... 4 at that point in time? Do I have that right?

His dual-strikes are actually okay with an effective weapon

There´s that slight issue where better units than Gunther can 1HKO enemies with effective weapons, thus the support boy won´t have them. 

silver

cringe

Gunter would like Knight more than Mercenary because he doesn't have the durability to make good use of Sol, but he's so slow that Wary Fighter would benefit him.

In order to make this support unit better at fighting, let´s give it another class to spend 3 lvls in, which isn´t the class we want him to be in, where it will struggle to reach enemies, struggle to kill enemies and also won´t do a lot of supporting either.

You are probably right. Adventurer would have been better. That sweet staff utility.

On 6/15/2022 at 5:33 AM, Imuabicus said:

Quixotic + Ignis + STR or MAGtaker.

The capitalist build. [Brought to you by the power of Cheeto Kodo Ltd.]

Trigger skills are still kinda bad.

For the casual price of 3 Lvls, and a HS out of... 4 at that point in time? Do I have that right?

He has weirdly fast experience gain, and one heart seal isn't really that much. There's no shortage of units you can use it on (since Fates is a game with a lot of creative options), but Xander is the only one who gives you a flying shelterbot. You get a fifth one from Chapter 16, right after Gunter joins.

There´s that slight issue where better units than Gunther can 1HKO enemies with effective weapons, thus the support boy won´t have them.

Dude, just trade.

In order to make this support unit better at fighting, let´s give it another class to spend 3 lvls in, which isn´t the class we want him to be in, where it will struggle to reach enemies, struggle to kill enemies and also won´t do a lot of supporting either.

Not so much fighting as surviving, which lets you be a little looser with positioning. I did, however, forget that actually getting levels in General would kind of suck.

Maybe he should have gotten Fighter instead of Mercenary, for a hefty +5 strength Berserker pair up bonus.

On 6/16/2022 at 2:58 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Trigger skills are still kinda bad.

But funi.

Dude, just trade.

brb 2 busy killin peeps

Xander is the only one who gives you a flying shelterbot.

I rethought the concept of flying shelterbot and it doesn´t sound good for the old lad. Lunge is for getting good units in position, which Gunther isn´t and Shelter is basic utility which Gunther can do, but that is a low bar (Do you have Cav Y/N?).

Lunge-ing (?), in the case of Gunther, requires there be no other enemy since he won´t survive anything. Unless he´s just a sacrifice, in which case: +1 SD point.

Y´know. For the price of one S-support you can get a free "shelterbot" with better stats than Gunther. And if Corrin is a woman...

Not so much fighting as surviving, which lets you be a little looser with positioning.

According to conventional FE wisdom, Wyvern is already the bestest class ever, so if he has trouble surviving as one, nothing is going to fix him. Especially with all that legendary MoVeMeNt. Maybe give him boots to increase his options.

I think Merc is better for a more balanced stat spread - SPD/SKL for Merc, Wyvern and Horse is STR/DEF with slight differences. 

Would give Rally STR and a quick Axefaire though. Too bad he fucks up Kanna.

5 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

But funi.

True, and I do like funi...

I rethought the concept of flying shelterbot and it doesn´t sound good for the old lad. Lunge is for getting good units in position, which Gunther isn´t and Shelter is basic utility which Gunther can do, but that is a low bar (Do you have Cav Y/N?).

Lunge-ing (?), in the case of Gunther, requires there be no other enemy since he won´t survive anything. Unless he´s just a sacrifice, in which case: +1 SD point.

There is something else a flying shelterbot needs: A flying class.

It actually just requires there not be any enemies left after than player phase (or at least not enough who can reach him to kill him), so he can indeed use lunge on an enemy and live.

According to conventional FE wisdom, Wyvern is already the bestest class ever

Well, I mean...it is.

Would give Rally STR and a quick Axefaire though. Too bad he fucks up Kanna.

I meant Fighter might be better as an innate reclass option than Mercenary, not that he should get it through through Corrin marriage. Though at least Kanna could be a flying shelterbot.

On 6/18/2022 at 1:37 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

It actually just requires there not be any enemies left after than player phase (or at least not enough who can reach him to kill him), so he can indeed use lunge on an enemy and live.

Lunge is niche for wall jumps. You won´t be able to hit everything behind a wall.

Not enough to kill Gunther seems like a... tall? small? I-dunno-order, particularly in lategame.

On 6/18/2022 at 1:37 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

I meant Fighter might be better as an innate reclass option than Mercenary, not that he should get it through through Corrin marriage.

I know?

Rally STR for STR/DEF access, Axefaire to mayhaps pass down.