Favourite out of preference character classes?

So now that the demo has been out for a few days, and it appears that reclassing units does not appear to have any major downside, what are some of your favourite reclasses?

So far, I really like monk Ingrid. Her freezing enemies gives her plenty of time to set up the monks class ability. Archer Dimitri also looks really cool, I don't think it's paucity strong, just looks cool. 

I'm thinking of reclassing Ashe and Mercedes for now, but I'm waiting on full class info to drop. Mercie seems like she would benefit from a faster class since she is a healer regardless of her class. I have always liked fast moving Ashe for lockpick reasons, although not sure how many chests there will be.

Pegasi Leonie. Fast, strong and with her personal she just pwns everything.

17 minutes ago, SearchingForGryphons said:

monk Ingrid

Gotta try that sometime since my Ingrid (Pegasi) has more Magic than Strength xD

29 minutes ago, SearchingForGryphons said:

So far, I really like monk Ingrid. Her freezing enemies gives her plenty of time to set up the monks class ability. Archer Dimitri also looks really cool, I don't think it's paucity strong, just looks cool. 

I've been doing the same thing, and it's been working out really well for me also. 

My Dimitri is currently a Priest, in preparation for Holy Knight, if skill levels are needed. He's surprisingly good at it too! I think his Azure Lightning ability kicks in when he's using magic as well, or at least Thunder, which is a blast to use, pun intended. And yeah, his Strength gains are perfectly fine. 

I just turned Leonie into a Pegasus Knight on my Verdant Wildfire file since I'm missing the class now that I can't scratch that itch with Ingrid, and I'm excited to see how it turns out. I'm a little sad that her Cavalier ability about armor-breaking isn't crossing over, but I'll live. 

If anything, that's my one big downside to the game so far in comaparison to Three Houses - not every weapon is available in every class. I know that a lot of people here didn't like that, but I love the idea that in a Warriors game, I can go from using Dimitri's Javelin Lance attack thingy to using Thunder right off the bat, and then finish it with an Adjutant combo. I can't do that, at least not yet, and it's something I really want to do. 

Felix may also go to Monk later down the line, if Mortal Savant is in this game. I feel like he could actually excel in that class this time around, and I want to see it. 

17 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Gotta try that sometime since my Ingrid (Pegasi) has more Magic than Strength xD

I definitely recommend it as well! I noticed mine doing the same and I made the switch. It's been a blast. 

17 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Pegasi Leonie. Fast, strong and with her personal she just pwns everything.

Ay I just turned my Leonie into a Pegasus Knight! I haven't tried her out yet, but I'm glad to know it's working well!

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

Felix may also go to Monk later down the line, if Mortal Savant is in this game. I feel like he could actually excel in that class this time around, and I want to see it. 

Mortal Savant is in the game, down the Mercenary line. You can see it mentioned in some skill descriptions.

Anyway, I've had a lot of fun with Ferdinand - as everything. Grappler especially. 

I also really like Priest Bernie.

Brigand Edelgard to drop the atrocious outfit and shield.

Wow, if Mortal Savant made it... I'm more and more convinced that we are getting just about every vanilla class from the game.

About to reclass my Ingrid to Priest since I loved her in Monk so much. I'm going to reclass Mercie as a Pegasus Knight for high mobility heals, and just count on magic weapons being a thing later on. 

I'm still tempted to reclass Ashe as a Brigand and Felix as a Thief, but on the fence on those two without knowing the roster.

16 hours ago, SearchingForGryphons said:

I'm still tempted to reclass Ashe as a Brigand

That's actually a good idea! Maybe I'll turn Dedue into a Brawler and Ashe into a Brigand so that I can use pretty much every weapon type for the Blue Lions at least at this point in the game. 

Unfortunately, my Ashe has higher Magic than Strength and I'm at a loss about what to do with him. I wanted him to be a Wyvern Rider for the Blue Lions, but I have no idea how or what that will look like. There's the option of having him be use a Magic Bow later in the game, maybe...If Trickster is the Master Class version of Assassin but keeps its magical leaning, maybe he can fit there? That may mean turning him into a Thief, which is something I'm somewhat opposed to doing for character reasons (Ashe isn't proud of his thieving background), but maybe I can turn it into a head-canon where he's trying to overcome his past by taking agency over what he learned from it?

There's also the option of Holy Knight, but since Dimitri and Rodrigue will be Holy Knights at least at some point during the game, and Sylvain is going Dark Knight - and recruiting/capturing other characters from other houses seems to be a thing given some of the in-game dialogue and hints, which means that if I can capture Ferdinand and/or Lorenz they'll be Holy Knights and Dark Knights as well - I think I'm good on that class. I also misspoke above about Ingrid going Holy Knight. While that is a plan, it's the backup for if Dark Flier doesn't make it into the game. 

12 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Unfortunately, my Ashe has higher Magic than Strength and I'm at a loss about what to do with him. I wanted him to be a Wyvern Rider for the Blue Lions, but I have no idea how or what that will look like.

This is basically me. I want him to be a Wyvern Rider, and Brigand seemed the most likely to branch into that... it's all speculation though so I might be way off, either way though more axe training for him is good. His magic and strength are currently even while in the Brigand class, but I gave him the Strength Ring from one of the little side mission things as a boost.

I also did go ahead and reclass Felix. The extra move from Thief makes him hard to control but it's really fun zooming around the map like a madman dodging all the while for speed, and I'm not convinced his character ability doesn't also increase speed (probably just a placebo effect kind of thing though).

11 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Unfortunately, my Ashe has higher Magic than Strength and I'm at a loss about what to do with him.

Some weapons have skills that add your magic stat to your attack also some CAs scale off other stats such as MAG/DEX/SPD etc. You also have the choice to just reset your level at the training grounds and hope for better growths.

Edit: The skill is called invert physical/magical

Edited by Hiro Mei

Cavalier/Pegasus Knight Lysithea. Doing her YYYX Combo in either does a bunch of Aoe damage due to her Dark Element explosions, and pressing ZR right after to get them right back to you feels way more satisfying with a physical class then with magic.

Brawler Ignatz seems to make more use out of paint as he can get up close and personal to deal more damage as opposed to Archers sort of clunky attacks.

Mage Raphael has unironically been an extremely good bosskiller for me. Charge up every part of his YYYYX Combo, do the Class Action to get Stun Guage to appear, then cancel into Bolganoe has been a one hit kill on most commanders, or a near one hit kill. He also has the most solid Defense and Resistance in my army, making him my most tankiest unit. 

Archer Ingrid is also very nice cause of high range freezing.

Mage Sylvain is absolutely nuts from my experience, the mage class has amazing reach, spread and mobility which is already excellent synergy-wise but when you take their crazy set-up potential combined with their class action in the mix he can charge his hit count super quickly against bundled targets, literally achieving almost 1k hits in a couple seconds and on top of that he also learns Bolganone which I have found to be arguably the best spell in the Demo. But what happens when he gets fired up is nuts, we're talking aoe finishers that hit for like 1k points of damage over a wide area, bosses simply get shredded to pieces within instants.

Ferdinand is also fun as a mage, essentially any character with a personal skill that does stuff at high hit counts works well as a mage due to their class action, mobility, range and aoe.

Mage Dedue has also proven be really good, he learns Bolganone which is already great and he gets to charge his attacks, I have also learned that the Mage's Ploy skill appears to modify his moveset slightly when combined with his charge. His Smash 3 which produces an explosion of fire actually produced four SECONDARY explosions of the same type when I had that skill equipped.

Priest

Spoiler

Rodrigue

is also really nice because he learns two very neat things, he gets Essence of Light and Fortify! Essence of Light basically upgrades the entire priest moveset and all light-elemental spells and combat arts and it is otherwise only available to Mercedes, Mercedes does not get Fortify this early!

8 minutes ago, Njalmer said:

Mage Sylvain is absolutely nuts from my experience, the mage class has amazing reach, spread and mobility which is already excellent synergy-wise but when you take their crazy set-up potential combined with their class action in the mix he can charge his hit count super quickly against bundled targets, literally achieving almost 1k hits in a couple seconds and on top of that he also learns Bolganone which I have found to be arguably the best spell in the Demo. But what happens when he gets fired up is nuts, we're talking aoe finishers that hit for like 1k points of damage over a wide area, bosses simply get shredded to pieces within instants.

Ferdinand is also fun as a mage, essentially any character with a personal skill that does stuff at high hit counts works well as a mage due to their class action, mobility, range and aoe.

Ooh. I'll need to try this out! I previously assumed it wouldn't be great since Sylvain sounds like he'd be better in high movement. I love Sylvain's personal and the Mage class though so this really intrigues me.

I'm having a LOT of fun with Mercenary Lysithea. I put her in this class so that she can go the Mortal Savant route and so I can have at least two sword users if I can't/don't recruit any more characters, or I miss the chance to do so. Pegasus Knight Leonie is still a blast. 

Humorously, my Priest Ingrid didn't get any Magic from her final two level-ups, leaving her a little weaker than Mercedes and Annette, but still fun to use. I should probably put her in the Cavalier line in a bit, just in case Holy Knight needs stems from that line. (I imagine some of the Master Classes will actually stem from 2 or 3 Intermediate/Advanced Classes, but with Weapon Class still meaning something, I think just be cautious and prepared is a solid way to go.) Again, I'd still prefer Dark Flier for her, if it's in the game or if its DLC, but I haven't looked at the leaks for that answer and don't want to know. 

8 hours ago, Njalmer said:

Mage Dedue has also proven be really good, he learns Bolganone which is already great and he gets to charge his attacks, I have also learned that the Mage's Ploy skill appears to modify his moveset slightly when combined with his charge. His Smash 3 which produces an explosion of fire actually produced four SECONDARY explosions of the same type when I had that skill equipped.

Priest

Reveal hidden contents

Rodrigue

is also really nice because he learns two very neat things, he gets Essence of Light and Fortify! Essence of Light basically upgrades the entire priest moveset and all light-elemental spells and combat arts and it is otherwise only available to Mercedes, Mercedes does not get Fortify this early!

Well, it looks like Mage Sylvain, Mage Dedue, and your priest recommendation may be next on my list of fun builds to try and grind out! ...I think I have enough Intermediate Seals to try them out...maybe...

I decided to turn Marianne into a Thief today, and boy howdy does she work that class! Thief is lightning fast, and its AOE dagger attack allows our girl to rack up combo hits like nobody's business. This leads to her passive Ice ability activating nearly every combo, which in turn leads to better combos and more kills. Her low Strength actually works in her favor, weirdly, since it means that at this point in the game she can string together high amounts of hits without killing the opponents. I'm sure this will change once the game releases though. 

I'm finding it a bit weird and a bit sad that both of my magical girls in Three Hopes are more fun as sword-users than magic users. I'm not sure I'll go full Assassin/Trickster with Marianne, but I'm not opposed to it right now. There's another class I'd rather have her in, but it really depends on what weapons some of the late-game classes use, and if Blutgang will make an appearance in Three Hopes or not. (Lysithea, however, is going full Mortal Savant and I have no regrets.) Also, here's to hoping I can recruit Mercedes on Verdant Wildfire, so I can have at least one healer on the team.