Is it possible to play this game with drifting thumbsticks?

So I recently found out that my Lite is on the verge of becoming yet another statistic in regards to design decisions after I barely played with in the past few weeks and I really don't feel like trying to fix or replace it.

So, my only question is, does this game has an "run" button? Because my left  thumb stick can barely track forward and backwards motion, which is an death sentence for an lot of games.

There is a dodge button that could potentially get you around without much left stick involvement, but that would be pretty laborious. There's a free demo available on the eshop, probably best to just download that and give it a try to see if it's workable at all for you.

Well as a recent member of the Drift Club, I can say it's a nuisance from what I played of the demo, though it affected more than 3 Copes. Nothing I couldn't right myself, but it did cause movement when I wasn't looking for it, though my issue is an insistence on turning left.

Movement speed isn't an issue, but if you can't move forward or back, that dodge is your best bet.

Don't you automatically go into run mode after a dodge? That's that's the way I've been playing instinctually as I'm pretty sure that's how things work in other warriors games. I don't use the thumbstick to run at all.