Okay, so I'll try to push myself through this game.

Destiny Hero

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Athos is forced, too? I hate Guy and Raven, so I'll go lok for someone else.

Eh. Just the ugly ones.

Okay, Raven I can kind of see, but Guy? Christ, how could you go without using one of the best swordmasters in the game? And besides, neither of them are ugly. Have you seen their artworks? I don't think the two of them could look any better myself.

And if you don't like ugly units, what the hell are you using Canas for? And that's a pretty biased way to use characters, based on looks; why not tell off every member of this site that has an ugly avatar while you're at it?

You sure do hate a lot of the good units in this game...
Eh. Just the ugly ones
I despise Raven and Rebecca, I hate Guy, and I hate Florina, and all peggies.

Raven, Rebecca, Guy, and the peggies are ugly? Wow... If you see a HOT girl, please get me many many pictures

Anywho, I'd take Bianchi whatever the hell her name is advice on not playing if you don't like many of the characters

Edited by CGV

Christ man, what made you hate so many characters? Even so, hating a character isn't a good reason to never use them. I don't much like Florina as a character but I use her because she's good.

Hating a character is the best reason not to use them. Easy game is easy.

With regards to later things in the thread, Rebecca is hideously ugly, and so is Florina. It's the hair more than anything else.

Hating a character is the best reason not to use them. Easy game is easy.

With regards to later things in the thread, Rebecca is hideously ugly, and so is Florina. It's the hair more than anything else.

Opinions, I suppose. I'd imagine the majority think she's good looking.

You could hate and not use the 30 best characters in FE7 and the game would not be hard.

*Excluding the Dragon might become impossible, potentially, depending on who that leaves you with. But you're forced to use Athos there regardless of if you hate him anyway (does him dying gameover you? I don't remember).

Edited by T.W.I.L.K.I.T.R.I.

So you're saying this and this are ugly. Boy I wouldn't want to imagine which FE character you would call hot.

(does him dying gameover you? I don't remember).

I just tested this on the prototpye. In final chapter Athos dying doesn't matter...however Nils or the lords does (brings up game over)...the funny thing is it doesn't matter if Nils dies before then :(

Now in the earlier prototype Athos dying plays the game over music...which doesn't stop playing (it overrides all other music...and doesn't loop meaning you'll be left with scilence pretty soon).

I recall Athos dying doesn't give you a game over in the normal game.

Bottom line of this thread: If you don't want to take the advice, then leave it. Of course, you also could just not post a thread asking for advice to begin with...

I recall Athos dying doesn't give you a game over in the normal game.

Bottom line of this thread: If you don't want to take the advice, then leave it. Of course, you also could just not post a thread asking for advice to begin with...

trolls enjoy topics like these.

I have just reset, and I'll be playing Lyn's story to train and use only, Matthew, Lyn, Kent and Rath.

Final: Kent, Rath, Matthew, Canas, Priscilla, Oswin, Athos (?)

However, where can I get a promotion item for Matthew? And will Rath use Orion's Bolt?

Canas isn't honestly that good. I know, I used to fanboy him hard, but really, it's just Luna that's good. Use Canas for early game magic utility, give Luna to Athos, and then drop Canas for Pent when he comes.

Take Sain, please take Sain. Kent + Sain = Win. Easy supports, double the awesome, why would you not? (Hope this is in time, and you haven't finished Lyn mode, leaving Sain at lowly level 1. :()

Personally I can't stand Oswin. Low move is teh suck, and he starts out overlevelled. Use him to meatshield your way through tough spots, but dump him for Heath (you have a serious lack of flyer mobility, which you'll enjoy having in Night of Farewells, and you've already vetoed the Pknights, plus honestly Heath isn't bad) or Lowen even, if you need the tanking utility but like to actually have movement (which I assume you do, since I saw you complain about 5 space range in a different thread).

Also, it's already been said, but Fell Contract is found in Night of Farewells, and yes Rath takes Orion's Bolt.

That all being said, it is your playthrough, so it's up to you, but based on what you've laid out so far, those are the changes I'd suggest.

Edited by Balcerzak

You can't always judge a book by its cover.

You can when you play for fun.

I thought that goes without saying but thanks for doing so anyway.

@D.Hero: Have Athos use Luna.

Luna? What's that? Don't you mean hax?_?

Just giving my view.

Why give Athos Luna when he's bringing Canas? Athos is fine with his Prf weapon.

Ooh, a special weapon! ^_^

You aren't using Raven because you think he looks... ugly? Why the hell aren't you using Rebecca? She's joint hottest in the game next to Priscilla. Holy shit.

Rebecca is an ugly 10 year old girl who pops into the story with less character developement than anyone else.

maybe you shouldn't force yourself to play the game. you'll only end up hating it.

play something that you will enjoy.

But I HAVE to beat this one!

Okay, Raven I can kind of see, but Guy? Christ, how could you go without using one of the best swordmasters in the game? And besides, neither of them are ugly. Have you seen their artworks? I don't think the two of them could look any better myself.

And if you don't like ugly units, what the hell are you using Canas for? And that's a pretty biased way to use characters, based on looks; why not tell off every member of this site that has an ugly avatar while you're at it?

Guy = Sushi

I hate sushi.

Canas is smexy in every way possible, and I love Dark Magic users!

Use Isadora; she's sexy.

She's ugly and has terrible stats. Kent is much better, especially when mine is blessed.

Rebecca is an ugly 10 year old girl who pops into the story with less character developement than anyone else.

If that's ugly, then... Ah fuck it.

She's fifteen (15), by the way.

Supports.

Seriously, they're concentrated character development.

Yeah, if you're willing to have two characters stand next to each other for nearly 100 turns >_____>

If that's ugly, then... Ah fuck it.

She's fifteen (15), by the way.

And that is why the creators of Fire Emblem are age-confused. Everyone is years older than they look.

Canas is smexy in every way possible, and I love Dark Magic users!

She's (Isadora) ugly and has terrible stats. Kent is much better, especially when mine is blessed.

I can somewhat understand calling Rebecca ugly, as I hate pigtails myself, but this post is all forms of wrong (except that Isadora does have terrible stats). Seriously, what Fire Emblem characters actually are good-looking to you?

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

So you're saying this and this are ugly. Boy I wouldn't want to imagine which FE character you would call hot.

I agree with you on that one

There are no 'hot' characters in FE.

Ok, then. But there's quite a few sexy characters then :D *goes to 'sexiest units' topic*

Edited by CGV

Yeah, if you're willing to have two characters stand next to each other for nearly 100 turns >_____>

And that is why the creators of Fire Emblem are age-confused. Everyone is years older than they look.

It happens in alot of things, not only Fire Emblem. It even happens in real life, where girls look older than they really are. Are you saying Rebecca looks like she's 10? Have you not seen the artwork for her...?

http://serenesforest.net/fe7/support.htm

Not every character requires "100 turns per chapter" to unlock a support conversation, but if you do want to read them without unlocking them, there's always http://serenesforest.net/fe7/support/index.html However, there are some more pieces of the development of certain characters that isn't shown in the url.

Don't you mean "years younger" than they look? Edited by Little Al