Okay, so I'll try to push myself through this game.

Destiny Hero

I have just reset, and I'll be playing Lyn's story to train and use only, Matthew, Lyn, Kent and Rath.

Final: Kent, Rath, Matthew, Canas, Priscilla, Oswin, Athos (?)

However, where can I get a promotion item for Matthew? And will Rath use Orion's Bolt?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rath uses an Orion's Bolt for promotion.

Matthew's item is in a gaiden chapter... 26x Eliwood, 28x Hector http://serenesforest.net/fe7/gaiden.htm

That, and there's only two Orion Bolts to go around for the majority of the game. So out of your bow users, (that start out as bow users, minus Louise, of course) only Wil, or Rebecca will get the other one if you're planning on using Rath. As for Matthew's item, he'll be competing with Legault for it.

Edited by Little Al

Use more than that... Hector... Lyn... Eliwood... Raven... Rebecca... Guy... Florina... They're all great, especially come Endgame. And all the chapters leading up to it.

Rath uses an Orion's Bolt for promotion.

Matthew's item is in a gaiden chapter... 26x Eliwood, 28x Hector http://serenesforest.net/fe7/gaiden.htm

Isn't a Gaiden chapter when someone has to die? I'm fine with side quests, though. That one seems easy to get.

That, and there's only two Orion Bolts to go around for the majority of the game. So out of your bow users, (that start out as bow users, minus Louise, of course) only Wil, or Rebecca will get the other one if you're planning on using Rath. As for Matthew's item, he'll be competing with Legault for it.

I won't be using Legault, Wil or Rebecca.

Your one character short for the final chapter btw...

No, I've got seven there.

Raven is implied.

I hate Raven.

Use more than that... Hector... Lyn... Eliwood... Raven... Rebecca... Guy... Florina... They're all great, especially come Endgame. And all the chapters leading up to it.

Hector Lyn and Eliwood are forced. I despise Raven and Rebecca, I hate Guy, and I hate Florina, and all peggies.

Isn't a Gaiden chapter when someone has to die? I'm fine with side quests, though. That one seems easy to get.
Side quest = Gaiden Chapter. (In other words, you're thinking the term "Gaiden Chapter" refers to side quests in FEDS only.)
No, I've got seven there.
Athos is forced, and joins you at the maximum level in the battle preparations of the final chapter. So, you're gonna need one more.
I despise Raven and Rebecca, I hate Guy, and I hate Florina, and all peggies.

As much as I hate Florina myself (but not her two sisters), I have never regretted using her. And those other units are also good when you give them enough training. But, to each his/her own.

Edited by Little Al

Athos is one of your 5, then you have 7 left. Use Guy if not Raven.

Oh, Athos is forced, too? I hate Guy and Raven, so I'll go lok for someone else.

Side quest = Gaiden Chapter. (In other words, you're thinking the term "Gaiden Chapter" refers to side quests in FEDS only.)

Athos is forced, and joins you at the maximum level in the battle preparations of the final chapter. So, you're gonna need one more.

As much as I hate Florina myself (but not her two sisters), I have never regretted using her. And those other units are also good when you give them enough training. But, to each his/her own.

Not. Using. Florina. Or any peggy. I hate them.

You sure do hate a lot of the good units in this game...

Eh. Just the ugly ones.

If you really are going to refuse using them, there's always Harken. :/

Yeah... But despite him being a Hero, I hate him. And I'm nearly forced to use him anyway, with Hawkeye or Pent....

I'm using Pent.

Christ man, what made you hate so many characters? Even so, hating a character isn't a good reason to never use them. I don't much like Florina as a character but I use her because she's good.

Agreed but knowing D Hero, he's gonna say something along the lines of "I play for fun". His loss really.

I thought that goes without saying but thanks for doing so anyway.

@D.Hero: Have Athos use Luna.

Just giving my view.

Why give Athos Luna when he's bringing Canas? Athos is fine with his Prf weapon.