So I guess IS is satisfied with the CYL backlog

Jotari

Hey, you think Kotaro is important? What about Fleche? Jiol? Good Anankos? Chrom's Maiden? Pheros? Darin? Old Hubba? Prince Kurth? SOV's DLC characters? Well chances are you'll never be able to vote for them on Choose Your Legends. We've had two consecutive years now of the only new characters being added being newly created characters for newly released game. So we'll probably just be getting some new Heroes characters and Engage characters in next year's CYL without any new additions from previous games. And, personally, I think that's a bit of a shame, as I probably would toss a vote Denning's way if he were an option.

If you want to know what characters people would like to see on CYL, then I made this thread just a few months ago.

And while trying to google search for that threat, I discovered I had actually made this identical thread a year ago and somehow completely forgot about it.

So consider this a thread that's sort of a follow up to those two, only with less hope of actually seeing anything changed for next year. That being said, I think there is some hope for some characters, as we could see remakes for their games which would give the CYL compilers a reason to look at the cast again. Prince Kurth might just make it if he has a larger role (and a better design) in a Genealogy remake, for example. But for Fleche and those Fates characters inexplicably considered less important than one scene random dancing girl, well I hope no one actually likes Kotaro, Good Anankos, Anthony etc and wants to vote for them.

37 minutes ago, Florete said:

Also, we can vote for Altina, but not Ullr or Elimine.

It is particularly strange to have characters that are in the game already that can't be voted for. A brave variant of Ullr or Elimine isn't the most inconceivable thing in the world.

3 hours ago, Florete said:

Also, we can vote for Altina, but not Ullr or Elimine.

I was wondering about Ullr earlier, but it's probably because she didn't show up in the actual game right? Elimine is a Mario Cart Deluxe character, and the characters from that game aren't eligible for voting.