Pikachu debate!

Liz

Ash's Pikachu  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What is it's Gender?

• Male
    • Female

I'm convinced Pikachu is a boy. Why would someone assume Pikachu is a girl? ?_?

I didn't assume it was a girl, I decided that it's more likely that Pikachu is a girl, givin it's aggressive tendencies which are pretty similar to Anime girls. The only other Poke'mon I remember seeing this from was Charazard, and that bastard was just on steroids so he doesn't count.

• 2 weeks later...

If I was Ash's dad, he would be a much better kid.

Ash: Well dad, I'm off on my Pokemon adventure!

Me: Fuck no you ain't. You're going to be a normal kid and study and get into college.

Ash: But dad... everyone else is going off on their adventure. I wouldn't be normal if I stayed.

Me: I don't give a fuck. You're staying here because I said so and for your own good.

Yeah, being an unreasonable parent is fun.

Edited by Knife

I'm convinced Pikachu is a boy. Why would someone assume Pikachu is a girl? ?_?

Truer words have never been spoken, seriously he is a male, that pikachu doesn't act as a female pokemon.

Truer words have never been spoken, seriously he is a male, that pikachu doesn't act as a female pokemon.
In anime, female anythings are extremely hostile when offended. It's not a stretch to think Pikachu might be a girl. For dozens of episodes pikachu would zap the crap out of anyone who pissed him/her off. Now give a tazer to an angry anime girl and see if you don't get the same results. Once again... it's not a stretch to consider the possibility.

In anime, female anythings are extremely hostile when offended. It's not a stretch to think Pikachu might be a girl. For dozens of episodes pikachu would zap the crap out of anyone who pissed him/her off. Now give a tazer to an angry anime girl and see if you don't get the same results. Once again... it's not a stretch to consider the possibility.

Most of his thunderbolts are in self-defense plus the Team rocket al trying to get isn't helping his condition. Besides most of the shocks were seen in earlier chapters when pikachu was shy.

The bend in the tail evidence has one problem. When the anime was first created that difference didn't exist.

Nowerdays despite constant inconsistencies in the animation and art adding a bend to Pikachus tail would be going a bit far after a few hundred episodes without.

If I was Ash's dad, he would be a much better kid.

I find it most strange why the anime never touched on who the father of Ash is while characters like Brock, May and Dawn you get to meet the whole family basically...

It seems weird as usually the main characters are the ones who get the most in this department...

That's the standard hack given to main characters in MANY anime so it doesn't count.

"Defeat it with false swipe", "Arbok evolves into Serviper" and which other anime mess ups did I miss?

"Defeat it with false swipe", "Arbok evolves into Serviper" and which other anime mess ups did I miss?

"Dodge it with agility", "Bulbasaur shouldn't evolve because he's faster than Ivysaur", "hit their attack with your attack and it'll make a big explosion and nobody gets hurt!", "use whirlwind to push Butterfree's Sleep Powder back at it"...

Moreover, why do they push the idea that caring about your pokemon matters?