Wolt Only Hard Mode Playthrough

3Power

I am not the player.  I watched this guy do this on normal mode quite a while back and it looks like he's managed to do it on Hard as well. 

The rules, translated from Japanese, are:

It is forbidden from anyone except Wolt to gain EXP.

It is forbidden for Yodel to fight or use staves.

It is forbidden to manipulate random numbers by way of character movement arrows.

It is forbidden to skip events with the start button.

Every chapter must start with the inherent random number address.

All units must be recruited and survive.

All villages must be visited.

All treasure chests must be collected with the exception of those in chapter 12x

Edited by 3Power

Utterly wild that this is possible. If you ever get hemmed in you lose (and you're not allowed to use meatshields to avoid this situation) and BB has lots of enemies at points.

Not gonna watch the whole video, but the highlight from what I did see quickly jumping around was in chapter 21 where Wolt did get hemmed in, but one of the enemies doing the hemming was a bishop, and eventually Wolt lowers a wyvern 2 squares from him to low HP, so the bishop runs away to use Physic on the wyvern. Crazy.

On 1/14/2023 at 5:47 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually insane. What a trooper.

Ya I was wondering what kind of a glutton for punishment a fella would hafta be to wanna try this

Good job tho if he got ‘er done 

What a work of art. The only real disappointment is that they went for the best ending, instead of letting Wolt get his well deserved kill on Idoun (it was kinda funny that the first attempt at the Binding Blade finish missed though...). I wish my Japanese were better, as there is a bunch of text commentary throughout, which I bet would add some real insight. For instance, I am not entirely sure why they disarmed Wolt between attempts on the kill with Brunya, even after she has exhausted her siege tomes.

Thanks for sharing this mysterious stranger.

12 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I wish my Japanese were better, as there is a bunch of text commentary throughout, which I bet would add some real insight. For instance, I am not entirely sure why they disarmed Wolt between attempts on the kill with Brunya, even after she has exhausted her siege tomes.

The druids have sleep staves.  The AI won't use sleep staves against an opponent with no usable weapon.

15 minutes ago, 3Power said:

The druids have sleep staves.  The AI won't use sleep staves against an opponent with no usable weapon.

Curious restriction, as I know Berserk staff will target people with no usable weapon. Also makes the chapter 20 gaiden strat extra spicy, as the enemy Sleep staff missing would lead to a potential reset with the Berserk staff potentially working on the one that missed.

Edit: Thinking on it a bit more that discrepancy between Berserk and Sleep targets would make what was done in Chapter 20 Gaidnen a fair bit easier to pull off, and safer, by having the three highest status staff target unequipped, and thus immune to sleep, with the next three targetable by sleep staff.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath