Engage Leak Thread *CAUTION: SPOILERS AHOY*

Azz

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:
  Hide contents

Actually, Lumera ISN'T Alear or Veyle's mother at all.

Sombron just bred A LOT, he had dozens of kids being imprisoned in Elyos (he's actually from an entire 'nother world). Most of them died either by his hands or the fear of the Elysians. Lumera is just a war hero that adopted Alear after Sombron's attempt to kill him failed.

Spoiler

This confuses me-so did he just lay around with humans? Is there a manakete population in Elyos already (Zephia exists so I suppose so?), or did he bring his clan with him (since he does mention them losing a battle? Is he the sole survivor)? I've read the JP script a million times, and I can't figure out how the manakete population works, my JP reading is just bad, I guess. I do know Lumera is native to Elyos and divine dragons rule Lythos, but that's the only dragon population that seems concrete. I may have to wait until ENG to make sense of Somberon's whole spiel before he dies.

1 hour ago, KoriCongo said:
  Hide contents

Sombron just bred A LOT, he had dozens of kids being imprisoned in Elyos (he's actually from an entire 'nother world). Most of them died either by his hands or the fear of the Elysians. Lumera is just a war hero that adopted Alear after Sombron's attempt to kill him failed.

Spoiler

Is Demon Dragon Mommy Milkers one of them?

Welp, I'm pissed. I can't believe some people actually defend these terrible localizations.

Urgh. I just encountered a Gamefaqs thread where several really nasty people not only defended the localization, but accused anybody that disagreed of being a pedophile. I'm gonna need some brain bleach after this.

It's even worse people these ages don't even appear in-game. And a lot of the ages look BS anyways.

8 minutes ago, DivineDragon_Goddess said:
  Hide contents

Is Demon Dragon Mommy Milkers one of them?

Spoiler

Nope. According to what I've been seeing on TVTrope's spoiler thread, Zephia wanted kids with him to have her own family though, since it seems that her crazy magic killed whatever little family she had. For some reason it didn't seem to work out, but she treats her underlings (Griss, Marni, Mauvier, and Veyle) like a twisted family of sorts.

Edited by WindSentinel
good lord, my typing is terrible today. More typo fixes.

1 minute ago, iridium137 said:

Urgh. I just encountered a Gamefaqs thread where several really nasty people not only defended the localization, but accused anybody that disagreed of being a pedophile. I'm gonna need some brain bleach after this.

It's even worse people these ages don't even appear in-game. And a lot of the ages look BS anyways.

This literally just happened to me a couple hours ago while I was watching Choopi/Chaz's stream where he was playing the leaked game.

1 hour ago, WindSentinel said:
  Hide contents

This confuses me-so did he just lay around with humans? Is there a manakete population in Elyos already (Zephia exists so I suppose so?), or did he bring his clan with him (since he does mention them losing a battle? Is he the sole survivor)? I've read the JP script a million times, and I can't figure out how the manakete population works, my JP reading is just bad, I guess. I do know Lumera is native to Elyos and divine dragons rule Lythos, but that's the only dragon population that seems concrete. I may have to wait until ENG to make sense of Somberon's whole spiel before he dies.

Spoiler

Sombron explains it himself, he comes from his original world. That world had its own Emblems where it DID broke into a war that killed his entire clan. As a cruel mercy, the people there exiled him into Elyos, when he was still a child. Eventually, he grew up and planned to take revenge against the people of his original world by amassing an army of his own children, followers, and believers, determined to take Elyos's Emblems and salt the lands with them. That was the original war against the fell dragon 1000 years ago and the war Alear was apart of.

9 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Do we have a list of the chapter names?
And an image dump?

Don't have map images but do have the chapter names, for both main story and paralogues

Spoiler

MCID_M000: The Emblems
MCID_M000_PLACE: Lythos Castle
MCID_M000_PREFIX: Prologue
MCID_M001: Awake at Last
MCID_M001_PLACE: Lythos Grasslands
MCID_M001_PREFIX: Chapter 1
MCID_M002: Queen Lumera
MCID_M002_PLACE: Lythos Castle Gardens
MCID_M002_PREFIX: Chapter 2
MCID_M003: Hostilities
MCID_M003_PLACE: Ring Vault
MCID_M003_PREFIX: Chapter 3
MCID_M004: A Land in Bloom
MCID_M004_PLACE: Florra Mill Town
MCID_M004_PREFIX: Chapter 4
MCID_M005: Retaking the Castle
MCID_M005_OUTLINE: Upon learning that Elusia invaded\nFirene Castle, the Divine Dragon's\narmy hastens to Queen Ève.
MCID_M005_PLACE: Firene Castle
MCID_M005_PREFIX: Chapter 5
MCID_M006: The Stolen Ring
MCID_M006_OUTLINE: Having regained Firene Castle, the\nparty heads to a shrine housing\nthe Ring of the Dawn Maiden.
MCID_M006_PLACE: Mountain Settlement
MCID_M006_PREFIX: Chapter 6
MCID_M007: Dark Emblem
MCID_M007_OUTLINE: The party attempts to cross the\nborder to obtain the ring entrusted\nto the Kingdom of Brodia.
MCID_M007_PLACE: The Grand Crossing
MCID_M007_PREFIX: Chapter 7
MCID_M008: The Kingdom of Might
MCID_M008_OUTLINE: After rebuffing an Elusian attack,\nthe Divine Dragon's army reaches\ntheir destination: Brodia Castle.
MCID_M008_PLACE: Brodia Castle
MCID_M008_PREFIX: Chapter 8
MCID_M009: A Clash of Forces
MCID_M009_OUTLINE: The Divine Dragon's army and King\nMorion head to Elusia's border to\nanswer King Hyacinth's challenge.
MCID_M009_PLACE: Fort on the Border
MCID_M009_PREFIX: Chapter 9
MCID_M010: The Fell Dragon Sombron
MCID_M010_OUTLINE: The Divine Dragon's army rushes\nto Destinea Cathedral to rescue\nKing Morion.
MCID_M010_PLACE: Destinea Cathedral
MCID_M010_PREFIX: Chapter 10
MCID_M011: Retreat
MCID_M011_PLACE: Shadowy Moor
MCID_M011_PREFIX: Chapter 11
MCID_M012: The Sentinels
MCID_M012_OUTLINE: Their rings lost to Veyle, the party\nheads to the Queendom of Solm to\nregain their footing.
MCID_M012_PLACE: Tullah Desert
MCID_M012_PREFIX: Chapter 12
MCID_M013: Heroes of the Oasis
MCID_M013_OUTLINE: The Divine Dragon's army travels\nto an oasis in search of Timerra\nand the Ring of the Radiant Hero.
MCID_M013_PLACE: Oasis Village
MCID_M013_PREFIX: Chapter 13
MCID_M014: The Battle for Solm
MCID_M014_OUTLINE: Receiving word of Hortensia's\nattack, the Divine Dragon's army\nhastens back to Solm Palace.
MCID_M014_PLACE: Solm Palace
MCID_M014_PREFIX: Chapter 14
MCID_M015: Dancer in the Ruins
MCID_M015_OUTLINE: Victorious at Solm Palace, the\nparty seeks the Ring of the Crux\nof Fate at the Northern Fortress.
MCID_M015_PLACE: Northern Fortress
MCID_M015_PREFIX: Chapter 15
MCID_M016: Seashore Travels
MCID_M016_OUTLINE: While planning their next move\nafter getting a new ring, the Divine\nDragon's army receives a report.
MCID_M016_PLACE: Azure Coast
MCID_M016_PREFIX: Chapter 16
MCID_M017: Serenity in Ruin
MCID_M017_OUTLINE: Chasing Elusian warships heading\nto Firene, the Divine Dragon's army\narrives at Florra Port.
MCID_M017_PLACE: Florra Port
MCID_M017_PREFIX: Chapter 17
MCID_M018: The Cold Voyage
MCID_M018_OUTLINE: Having learned the truth about\nVeyle, the party heads to Elusia,\nwhere the Fell Dragon waits.
MCID_M018_PLACE: Route to Elusia
MCID_M018_PREFIX: Chapter 18
MCID_M019: The Dead Town
MCID_M019_OUTLINE: The Divine Dragon's army arrives\nat a lively Elusian port after\nfending off attackers at sea.
MCID_M019_PLACE: Givre Port
MCID_M019_PREFIX: Chapter 19
MCID_M020: The Kingless Castle
MCID_M020_OUTLINE: After recovering two rings from \nMarni and Mauvier, the party\nreaches Elusia Castle at last.
MCID_M020_PLACE: Elusia Castle
MCID_M020_PREFIX: Chapter 20
MCID_M021: The Return
MCID_M021_OUTLINE: Having learned a harsh truth from\nGriss, the party pursues the Fell\nDragon to Lythos Castle.
MCID_M021_PLACE: Lythos Castle
MCID_M021_PREFIX: Chapter 21
MCID_M022: The Fell & the Divine
MCID_M022_PLACE: Lythos Castle
MCID_M022_PREFIX: Chapter 22
MCID_M023: The Four Hounds
MCID_M023_OUTLINE: Seeking to break the barrier in the\nsky above Elyos, the party hunts\ndown a Fell Dragon Shard.
MCID_M023_PLACE: Lava Fields
MCID_M023_PREFIX: Chapter 23
MCID_M024: Recollections
MCID_M024_OUTLINE: Armed with a powerful artifact\nfrom Zephia, the party heads to a\nlake in pursuit of a sunken shard.
MCID_M024_PLACE: Mountainous Region
MCID_M024_PREFIX: Chapter 24
MCID_M025: The Final Guardian
MCID_M025_OUTLINE: After meeting the Divine Dragon's\npast self, only one shard remains.\nBut a dark surprise lies in wait...
MCID_M025_PLACE: Gradlon Temple
MCID_M025_PREFIX: Chapter 25
MCID_M026: The Last Engage
MCID_M026_PLACE: Portal to Other Worlds
MCID_M026_PREFIX: Chapter 26
MCID_S001: Budding Talent
MCID_S001_OUTLINE: Can the Divine's Dragon army save\nthe residents of a peaceful village\nwhen the Corrupted attack?
MCID_S001_PLACE: Tea-Field Village
MCID_S001_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S002: Mysterious Merchant
MCID_S002_OUTLINE: In a bandit stronghold, a little thief\nis looking for treasure.
MCID_S002_PLACE: Bandits' Hideout
MCID_S002_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S003: The Exalt
MCID_S003_OUTLINE: A place of significance to Emblem\nLucina. Here, the Divine Dragon\nwill face an important trial. 
MCID_S003_PLACE: Arena of the Gods
MCID_S003_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S004: The Lady of the Plains
MCID_S004_OUTLINE: A place of significance to Emblem\nLyn. Here, the Divine Dragon will\nface an important trial. 
MCID_S004_PLACE: Plains of Swift Winds
MCID_S004_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S005: The Radiant Hero
MCID_S005_OUTLINE: A place of significance to Emblem\nIke. Here, the Divine Dragon will\nface an important trial. 
MCID_S005_PLACE: Fort of Hope
MCID_S005_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S006: The Instructor
MCID_S006_OUTLINE: A place of significance to Emblem\nByleth. Here, the Divine Dragon\nwill face an important trial. 
MCID_S006_PLACE: Sacred Tomb
MCID_S006_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S007: The Crux of Fate
MCID_S007_OUTLINE: A place of significance to Emblem\nCorrin. Here, the Divine Dragon\nwill face an important trial. 
MCID_S007_PLACE: Crossroads of Fate
MCID_S007_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S008: The Azure Twin
MCID_S008_OUTLINE: A place of significance to Emblem\nEirika. Here, the Divine Dragon\nwill face an important trial. 
MCID_S008_PLACE: Dark Ruins
MCID_S008_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S009: The Holy Knight
MCID_S009_OUTLINE: A place of significance to Emblem\nSigurd. Here, the Divine Dragon\nwill face an important trial. 
MCID_S009_PLACE: River of Light and Dark
MCID_S009_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S010: The Sage Lord
MCID_S010_OUTLINE: A place of significance to Emblem\nLeif. Here, the Divine Dragon will\nface an important trial. 
MCID_S010_PLACE: Bridges in a Row
MCID_S010_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S011: The Dawn Maiden
MCID_S011_OUTLINE: A place of significance to Emblem\nMicaiah. Here, the Divine Dragon\nwill face an important trial. 
MCID_S011_PLACE: Frozen Fortress
MCID_S011_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S012: The Young Lion
MCID_S012_OUTLINE: A place of significance to Emblem\nRoy. Here, the Divine Dragon will\nface an important trial. 
MCID_S012_PLACE: The Binding Grounds
MCID_S012_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S013: The Caring Princess
MCID_S013_OUTLINE: A place of significance to Emblem\nCelica. Here, the Divine Dragon\nwill face an important trial. 
MCID_S013_PLACE: Forgotten Shrine
MCID_S013_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S014: The Hero-King
MCID_S014_OUTLINE: A place of significance to Emblem\nMarth. Here, the Divine Dragon will\nface an important trial. 
MCID_S014_PLACE: The Broken Castle
MCID_S014_PREFIX: Paralogue
MCID_S015: The Connector
MCID_S015_OUTLINE: A mysterious ring is enshrined in\na place that feels similar to the\nLythos Castle gardens.
MCID_S015_PLACE: Garden of Memories
MCID_S015_PREFIX: Paralogue

32 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:
  Hide contents

Sombron explains it himself, he comes from his original world. That world had its own Emblems where it DID broke into a war that killed his entire clan. As a cruel mercy, the people there exiled him into Elyos, when he was still a child. Eventually, he grew up and planned to take revenge against the people of his original world by amassing an army of his own children, followers, and believers, determined to take Elyos's Emblems and salt the lands with them. That was the original war against the fell dragon 1000 years ago and the war Alear was apart of.

Spoiler

Now that makes sense, my reading/translating is coming together. Thanks!

6 hours ago, KoriCongo said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Wait, so, if Alear isn't actually Lumera's child and isn't related to her in any way, then does that mean that Alear isn't actually a Divine Dragon and that's just a lie she made up to protect their image? (Or do they still have some kind of divinity in them?)

And if that's the case, then does that mean that them being her child is also a made up story that she tells everyone (even Alear themselves) to better mask Alear's true nature? (or like, did she actually adopt Alear?) 

Also, I'm curious, did Lumera ever actually sire children of her own? (or is it never stated?)

5 hours ago, iridium137 said:

It's what happens when you're so scared of looking like a pedo that you over compensate and people who are the same age as you are too underaged, but people like Saphir who are more than twice as old as you are ok. I usually don't like localization debates since it usually boils down to typical internet arguments with people yelling their opinions at each other, but if this is another Fates then it's fine to make the point that the localizers really dropped the ball with this game.

5 hours ago, WindSentinel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Nope. According to what I've been seeing on TVTrope's spoiler thread, Zephia wanted kids with him to have her own family though, since it seems that her crazy magic killed whatever little family she had. For some reason it didn't seem to work out, but she treats her underlings (Griss, Marni, Mauvier, and Veyle) like a twisted family of sorts.

So my throw away joke of Sombron wanting kids with her was actually true but reversed? Well shit.

Spoiler

If Zephia wanted kids I would oblige but no.

1 hour ago, Silky said:

So what s supports are more romantic and which aren’t? Asking for a friend… 

Actually I’ll be honest. Is ivy’s romantic lol

In the Japanese script you can pretty much romance anyone. Localized script anyone that's 17 and under were changed to be platonic. Keep in mind that these ages can't actually be seen in game unless you look inside the game's files. Since only a small number of the characters actually look their age this can be a problem if you're playing in English since you won't know if a character is going to friendzone you unless you look it up beforehand. I haven't read Ivy's supports but she's 20 I figure that her's is romantic regardless.

Edited by BurningFire

1 hour ago, BurningFire said:

It's what happens when you're so scared of looking like a pedo that you over compensate and people who are the same age as you are too underaged, but people like Saphir who are more than twice as old as you are ok. I usually don't like localization debates since it usually boils down to typical internet arguments with people yelling their opinions at each other, but if this is another Fates then it's fine to make the point that the localizers really dropped the ball with this game.

I mean, is there a support replaced entirely with "..."? Or a Soleil character with the flimsiest justifications for becoming suddenly into men in her S supports? (Not very salvageable source material there)

My impression of this localization has resoundingly been "at least it's not another Fates." Fates gives me war flashbacks.

On 1/16/2023 at 6:39 PM, KoriCongo said:

Golden Wildfire is the fucking Golden Trashfire, the other routes are pretty okay, just with hilariously weak endings (and no, DLC wouldn't fix it). They definitely spoil the experience, but I wouldnt say they are any worse than what Fates pulls. Nothing made me outright laugh over a goddamn suicide scene.

And whatever they were planning with Shez and Arval, but I'm just gonna call it the Community Gas Leak Episode.

On 1/16/2023 at 7:52 PM, KoriCongo said:

No evidence of a postgame for Engage....

Works on Awakening/Fates rules, you start behind the final chapter and get to explore around.

Why do they just...hate the Creature Campaign, guys...?

I don't like Claude but even I would call it Character Assassination.

The second half is complete nonsense for a character that is supposed to be smart.

I like Claude and everything he did was pretty in line with his character. Probably due to your initial dislike of Claude, you never actually dug deeper into his character because most of the things he does in Golden Wildfire are things that were set up for his character in Three Houses

7 hours ago, iridium137 said:

Word of advice, never get hung up on or listen seriously to the things you see people say on Gamefaqs or 4chan (especially 4chan). Actually, just don't get too invested in most arguing on the internet, period.

Gender differences?

I know S Supports dont change with gender, but im just curious if anything does, even outside of supports? such as how in awakening, m!robin's support with chrom was more emotional than f!robin's which was bathroom shenanigans. or how in 3h sylvain was a free recruit for bylass

Edited by Flowl

1 hour ago, Lynsanity said:

I mean, is there a support replaced entirely with "..."? Or a Soleil character with the flimsiest justifications for becoming suddenly into men in her S supports? (Not very salvageable source material there)

My impression of this localization has resoundingly been "at least it's not another Fates." Fates gives me war flashbacks.

someone should make a new Engage thread for specifically talking about the localization changes, im sure there'll be a lot to talk about if its being compared to fates (fun games but wow localization and fire emblem as a whole can be so odd, remember everything with the tellius games and how they even lost content. and even recently 3h localization changing supports and even the ending of what edelgard does to the continent's historical records)

Edited by Flowl

I'm pretty ambivalent on localization.

Spoiler

Yes, you probably should be able to marry characters Alear's own age, like Citrinne. That makes sense, and it's silly that you can't.

But you do have to draw the line somewhere and I'm glad they did. It isn't acceptable to marry actual children like Hortensia, Jean, and Anna. And if you are criticizing that decision, you're the problem.

6 hours ago, Mizerous said:

I hope we don't get more dragon protags they seem too problamatic imo.

Eh it's just they've never been done properly or not been an Avatar + they always have a sword and them being a dragon/having the ability to turn into one is a subplot

5 hours ago, Cosmic_Dragon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wait, so, if Alear isn't actually Lumera's child and isn't related to her in any way, then does that mean that Alear isn't actually a Divine Dragon and that's just a lie she made up to protect their image? (Or do they still have some kind of divinity in them?)

And if that's the case, then does that mean that them being her child is also a made up story that she tells everyone (even Alear themselves) to better mask Alear's true nature? (or like, did she actually adopt Alear?) 

Also, I'm curious, did Lumera ever actually sire children of her own? (or is it never stated?)

Spoiler

Maybe whatever thing she did to make Alear less evil ended up giving them Divine Dragon blood an partially overwrote the way Alear's ancestry worked?

I could need to check the script to be sure xD.