Engage Leak Thread *CAUTION: SPOILERS AHOY*

Azz

Hi everyone! So the leaker who showed off those two new characters from the artbook is finally leaking some more things about the game. As suggested, THIS TOPIC WILL CONTAIN MAJOR SPOILERS. Please avoid this topic is you have no interest in spoiling yourself and don't want to see discussion about spoilers. As a general rule, if some people happen to stumble in here, despite being a leak topic, please keep all discussion in spoilers tabs.

Anyways...

This section is for any new playable characters that get confirmed as requested. Thus far our cast consists of (including who we know):

Spoiler

Lythos - Alear, Vander, Clanne, Framme

Firene - Alfred, Etie, Boucheron, Céline, Louis, Chloé, Jean

Brodia - Yunaka, Alcryst, Citrinne, Lapis, Diamant, Amber, Jade

Elusia - Anna, Ivy, Kagetsu, Zelkov, Hortensia, Rosado, Goldmary

Solm - Timerra, Merrin, Panetta, Fogado, Bunet, Pandreo, Seadall

Gradlon - Mauvier

Recruitment by chapter (courtesy of @RevenantKnight)

Spoiler

Prologue: Alear

Ch. 1: Vander; Marth

Ch. 2: Clanne, Framme

Ch. 3: Alfred, Boucheron, Etie; Sigurd

Ch. 4: Céline, Chloé, Louis; Celica

Ch. 5: N/A

Para 1: Jean 

Ch. 6: Yunaka; Micaiah

Para 2: Anna 

Ch. 7: Alcryst, Citrinne, Lapis

Ch. 8: Diamant, Amber; Leif, Roy

Ch. 9: Jade 

Ch. 10: N/A; (lose all emblems collected so far

Ch. 11: Ivy, Kagetsu, Zelkov; Lucina, Lyn

Ch. 12: Fogado, Bunet, Pandreo

Ch. 13: Timerra, Merrin, Panette; Ike

Ch. 14: Hortensia; Byleth

Confirmed support list thus far (excluding Alear who supports everyone):

Spoiler

Alfred: Céline, Diamant, Ivy, Etie, Boucheron, Vander, Yunaka, Amber

Céline: Alfred, Alcryst, Chloé, Louis, Etie, Jean, Lapis, Kagetsu

Diamant: Alcryst, Alfred, Ivy, Amber, Jade, Frammme, Citrinne, Kagetsu

Akcryst: Diamant, Lapis, Citrinne, Céline, Ivy, Boucheron

Ivy: Alfred, Diamant, Alcryst, Zelkov, Kagetsu, Louis

As a reminded, here is a link to the images of the two new characters found in the artbook

https://imgur.com/a/3IoUBKr

Also, Veyle artbook page and Ivy artbook pages

Spoiler

FmYzVLsWIAAV-ON?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

FmY7XCZWQAMt42f?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The leaker has currently played up to chapter 11. Gonna mainly focus on posting post chapter 7 things as we know most of what happens in those for eight chapters plus two paralogues. For those ineterested, the leaker did share image of the maps for post chapter 5 maps:

Paralogue 1

Spoiler

FmddE1mXEAA0BEI?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Chapter 6:

Spoiler

FmdfzYFWYAkhn-K?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Paralogue 2:

Spoiler

FmddIG-XoAA0pvR?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Chapter 7:

Spoiler

FmddGbGWIAIqfeQ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

These also shared Mauvier's artbook page after having previously shared Ivy's, Veyle's and the two new characters:

Spoiler

Fmdf0pYWYAA6T9W?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Not the lack of stamp, which Veyle also lacks, as those the other of the four hounds

Anyways, on to new things:

Chapter 8:

Spoiler

eTUuC17.jpg

Diamant and Amber join here. You also get Roy and Leif.

Ivy is the boss and have Leif. The leaker reports that the map seems like it will be quite hard on higher difficulties (I believe they are playing on normal). Ivy is quite strong but has low HP. We see Saphir here briefly, she is a royal guard. You also get 30K gold after battle, the shops stocks a rewarp staff, which can warp the user 5 spaces. The shops also stock an extra 1 master seal and 3 second seals after the battle.

Boss Ivy Normal Mode:

Spoiler

gVBoG3M.jpg

Chapter 9:

Spoiler

JBxHe4A.jpg

Boss Ivy again. Leaker says its a solid map. Incentivises anti-turtling to save Jade, who can be recruited by talking with Alear or Diamant.

Sommie gets a journal entry when maxed out. Also if a backup kills a unit in a chain attack before the main unit attacks, the main unit still gets full exp.

BIG SPOILERS AHOY - WILL POST ALL CHAPTER DETAILS IN SPOILER BOXES

Chapter 10:

Spoiler

cmFUJ94.jpg

A big series of battles begins. Above is the first.

Hyacinth has Lyn while Hortensia has Byleth. Hortensia uses a magic ballista while Hyacinth will use all of Lyn's abilities (call doubles and astra). The enemies swarm you and could be difficult on higher difficulties.

Hyacinth is eaten by Sombron at the end of the chapter.

It is revealed that Veyle is who killed Lumera and is Sombron's daughter. Veyle steals you rings AND the time crystal (taking away you time rewarp)

Chapter 10 cutscene shot:

Spoiler

RgZwGCo.jpg

Chapter 11:

Spoiler

mreAXh8.jpg

You have no emblems for this map and enemies do have. You still have bond rings however. The map requires Alear to escape.

There is a staff called Fracture that inflicts break and has 10 range

Ivy alongside Kagetsu and Zelkov join. Shhe brings Lyn and Lucina with her.

The hounds also join the fight. They are super strong and have 2-3 revive crystals.

You are under a lot of pressure and the leaker reckons the map will be super tough of maddening.

The enemy emblems make the map super hard. 

After this chapter, you are going to Solm. Hortensia has yet to join.

It's revealed, Morion was killed as a sacrifice to reawaken Sombron and has been turned into a corrupted.

After chapter 11, the tempest trials open. The shop also adds new things.  The only emblems you have are Lyn and Lucina.

Chapter 11 boss:

Spoiler

EPjMzFr.jpg

Veyle pretty much Alear's foil.

Some thoughts from he leaker about their current point in the game:

Spoiler

His characters are all level 15-17 unpromoted. They are using an all girls team btw.

Feels like reclassing/promoting is a bit tough due to requirements.

Has only seen the hounds together for one scene. Mauvier seems like Veyle's sworn shield and the two are closer than the other hounds are with her.

Story wise, its very anime but they are liking it a lot. They feel like there will be another twist.

Fav character is Lapis and her supports with Framme and Etie are good.

Some Somniel things:

Spoiler

You get 100 bond fragments from Sommie after giving him food and you only get 50 from random drops on the Somniel so running around to grind them in the Somniel is not worth it.

The only things they felt were mandatory was dining for stat buffs and the arena to get free exp. The workout takes forever for little gain tho it could be better at higher tiers since the leaker only has the lowest option rn. 

The map shows you where items and conversations are so it's not too bad to find things. Better than the Monastary.

That's all thus far. Will keep this thread as updated as possible

NEW UPDATE:

Leaker is back and has given us more details. Following Chapter 11, we get our first Emblem paralogue, first being Lucina. As expected, upon completion, these increase the bond level cap to 20. They also give titbits as to the Emblem's own backstory.

Lucina Paralogue:

Spoiler

dYFfsN5.jpg

You can only bring six units and the leaker feels that this chapter is a slight difficulty increase.

Then we have Chapter 12:

Spoiler

b0i7rnm.jpg

Fogado and co join.

Lots of reinforcements on this map. If you save all three NPCs, you get Obstruct staff, Elixir and a Master Seal.

Quicksand is apparently very annoying and decreases movement even after leaving it.

You unlock the second tier of the workout mini game after this chapter.

Lyn Paralogue:

Spoiler

7HoxeW9.jpg

One of the hardest maps thus far. You're split into groups of three. 

Longbows bow knights, silver weapons and a priest in the middle with the break staff... Also Lyn can use Astra Storm

Apparently very fun regardless but will still be horrible on Maddening the leaker reckons lol

Chapter 13:

Spoiler

LrLS7AB.jpg

Timerra and co join with Ike.

Ivy's Lindwurm class skill is Grasping Void: When attacking a unit who is using a tome, unit may deal extra damage = half of foes Mag. Trigger % = Dex.

Fog of War map with some villages.

Ike's paralogue unlocks after this however the recommended level is Adv class level 3 so the leaker leaves it.

Chapter 14:

Spoiler

b6vmLch.jpg

You encounter the four hounds here and the mission is to kill them.

Horty joins with Byleth. Horty's VA is doing a god job thus far and is the leakers fav.

The hounds rush you when in range and retreat upon defeat (as expected)

You get the boots and other loot in this chapter in the chests.

Wyvern Ride is unlocked after this chapter.

Story stuff:

Spoiler

Veyle apparently has dual personalities, one evil and one good. When the good one rests, the evil comes out and vice versa. Presumably we'll purge her of this evil personality I guess.

Edited by Azz

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Azz said:

Boss Ivy Normal Mode:

Hide contents

gVBoG3M.jpg

As a comparison, Hard Ivy's stats:

Spoiler

52.jpg

Which makes the stat differential:

HP ±0
Bld ±0
Str +5
Mag +1
Dex ±0
Spd +2
Def +1
Res ±0
Lck ±0

For some reason her Hit is +10 despite no Dex/Lck changes, unless the Killer Axe has gained a Hit boost (not completely impossible since we can Augment this ourselves); similar story with Avo +14 (4 coming from the Spd). Crt/Ddg are static.

Oh, and also Stalwart.

On another note... (character related spoiler):

Spoiler

...is it just me, or does a certain Fell Child's eyes look particularly blood red, a hue similar to that of the Dark Emblems? Are they under control in a sense as well then?

7 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

On another note... (character related spoiler):

I have my doubts if it's actually done via mind control. It's more of an primordial energy kind of thing; like how the Sith from Star Wars tend to have yellow eyes because they're channelling the Dark Side of the Force.

But at least it looks like the game won't be as straightforward as the marketing team painted it as.

Edited by Armchair General

Spoiler

I didn't notice that about her actually. Considering what we've seen her normal eyes to be, being more purple/lilac, I wonder what changes her eye colour.

Aside from that, map wise, the maps look good so far. Most of them seem kill boss, but I'm pretty sure the chapter 8 map is defend and we now have an escape map which is nice.

Also,

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure you lose your rewind ability for a bit which is certainly a ballsy move and I enjoy it

Edited by Azz

5 minutes ago, Azz said:
  Hide contents

I didn't notice that about her actually. Considering what we've seen her normal eyes to be, being more purple/lilac, I wonder what changes her eye colour.

Aside from that, map wise, the maps look good so far. Most of them seem kill boss, but I'm pretty sure the chapter 8 map is defend and we now have an escape map which is nice.

Also,

Hide contents

I'm pretty sure you lose your rewind ability for a bit which is certainly a ballsy move and I enjoy it

That is pretty ballsy if true.

Spoiler

Honestly, at this point I just want confirmation that Momphir and Lindon join lololololol

1 hour ago, Azz said:

We see Saphir here briefly, she is a royal guard.

No but tell me she joins goddammit-- Where is she I can't find her

Still nice to confirm that they did the completely predictable thing and killed off Morion and Hyacinth within two minutes of existing. That way I won't spend a handful of chapters being hopeful and then suffer disappointment when it happens.

Taking away rewind is a pretty bold move, though, I wonder how that will be received. And at this point I'm actively hoping Veyle is not redeemed. Evil dragon loli is more interesting than average dragon loli.

Also, Mauvier is closer to her than the other hounds? That's... interesting, considering we know for a fact he's playable. And yet he sounds like, if anything, he should be the game's Camus. Hmmm... I'll look forward to seeing how that all unfolds.

I do agree that this story seems to be moving way too fast. This is chapter 11 and already all of this shit has happened? Leaves me wondering what could be in store for all the rest of the game. As long as they don't pull a Valm and go "okay the next 10 chapters are completely unrelated to anything"... it could be interesting.

We know that by chapter 17, Firene seems to be in ruins so by the looks of it

Spoiler

Chapter 12 will be us arriving in Solm, possibly will be the night chapter where Kagetsu got MVP after 31 turns, where we will meet Timerra and her retainers

Then we'll probably get the desert chapter where we see Fogado as chapter 13.

Chapter 14 could be that temple chapter where we see Seadall in his intro where he dances Ike!Alear. Hortensia and co may also join here since this is where her twt preview seems to take place

Chapter 15 will probably be the Solm palace chapter

Chapter 16 could be boat maps

Then chapter 17. It might be interesting to note that we probably will still not have our emblems back since we know Zephia has Sigurd here and Griss has Celica.

7 minutes ago, Azz said:
Spoiler

As far as I understand, (story):

Spoiler

...the time crystal was actually dropped by Veyle after killing Lumera (whether intentionally or not, I have no idea) which explains rewind only appearing prior to Ch.4 and arguably justifies it being revoked again; but this is gutsy, not only narratively but also mechanically. We'll see if the landing sticks I guess, haha.

A few other mechanics related things:

Spoiler

Apparently Normal mode might just penalise enemies with Hit -10/Avo -10 independent of all other weapon or innate stats.

Obscurité
14 Mt
10 Crt
>6 Wt (can't tell how much ofc)
80 Hit (assuming no Hit penalty)
0 apparent Avo penalty

Fell Child is a Special Class considering Veyle is Lv. 25, plus the S rank tomes.

I wonder if Dragon effective Prfs are less effective against Fell Dragons or not, given the different dragon icon color...

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Hide contents

Chapter 12 will be us arriving in Solm, possibly will be the night chapter where Kagetsu got MVP after 31 turns, where we will meet Timerra and her retainers

Chapter 14 could be that temple chapter where we see Seadall in his intro where he dances Ike!Alear. Hortensia and co may also join here since this is where her twt preview seems to take place

Then chapter 17. It might be interesting to note that we probably will still not have our emblems back since we know Zephia has Sigurd here and Griss has Celica.

Hmm... (story / Emblem related):

Spoiler

Considering Horty was holding Byleth and Veyle doesn't when our initial six Emblems are turned red, it feels like the progression of Emblems here is:

Lyn/Lucina

If Timerra precedes Seadall, then Ike before Corrin

Byleth depends on when Horty joins, but I actually feel the boat map in Rosado's battle intro is after the forest Escape map

Eirika is still MIA but as far as we know she's still under Gradlon control

I suspect the first six Emblems are still under Hounds / Gradlon control in Ch. 17 - after all there are 6 enemy commanders to defeat...

27 minutes ago, Azz said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I have been pretty Adamant that i think people are being to quick to assume that Engage is gonna be a cake walk because we have a full party of Emblems. It seems for a decent chunk of the game that won’t be the case at all (as I expected) DLC emblems however may mitigate alot of that designed challenge as i am assuming we don’t lose access to those

1 minute ago, hadosama said:
  Hide contents

I have been pretty Adamant that i think people are being to quick to assume that Engage is gonna be a cake walk because we have a full party of Emblems. It seems for a decent chunk of the game that won’t be the case at all (as I expected) DLC emblems however may mitigate alot of that designed challenge as i am assuming we don’t lose access to those

Spoiler

Yeah I can't imagine that you'd lose access to the DLC emblems. Will definitely be why I wont be getting the DLC until after I complete the game for the first time.

But it is really cool that they take the emblems away I think. We lose them in chapter 10 and they seem to still be gone by chapter 17. While we will probably get a lot of the other emblems in the interim, since we get Lyn and Lucina with Ivy, Ike with Timerra, Byleth probably comes with Horty and Corrin seems to join with Seadall, which just leaves Eirika unaccounted for. We do know, from NWR, that Eirika is one of the emblems that was in Lythos that we can presume was stolen with Leif who was also there. Maybe Horty also brings Eirika.

Spoiler

316.jpg

I do think the most annoying thing that will come from loosing the first six emblems is loosing their proficiencies for reclassing. Celica and Miccy are probably the only way to access magic, and Miccy seems to be the only way to get staves and magic knives too. Hopefully the other six give good proficiencies. 

I don't really want to look at every spoiler (although I certainly might have done so already), but I really want to know about complete playable cast. So could anyone make a separate section with every playable character the leaks show and perhaps the chapter in which they join? Really praying for the 4 hounds.

23 minutes ago, Azz said:
  Hide contents

Yeah I can't imagine that you'd lose access to the DLC emblems. Will definitely be why I wont be getting the DLC until after I complete the game for the first time.

But it is really cool that they take the emblems away I think. We lose them in chapter 10 and they seem to still be gone by chapter 17. While we will probably get a lot of the other emblems in the interim, since we get Lyn and Lucina with Ivy, Ike with Timerra, Byleth probably comes with Horty and Corrin seems to join with Seadall, which just leaves Eirika unaccounted for. We do know, from NWR, that Eirika is one of the emblems that was in Lythos that we can presume was stolen with Leif who was also there. Maybe Horty also brings Eirika.

Hide contents

316.jpg

I do think the most annoying thing that will come from loosing the first six emblems is loosing their proficiencies for reclassing. Celica and Miccy are probably the only way to access magic, and Miccy seems to be the only way to get staves and magic knives too. Hopefully the other six give good proficiencies. 

Spoiler

I never considered the loss of proficiencies. Maybe that’s why there is so many Emblems with sword , doesn’t really help with the others though.

Edited by hadosama
Typo

10 minutes ago, szechuan said:

I don't really want to look at every spoiler (although I certainly might have done so already), but I really want to know about complete playable cast. So could anyone make a separate section with every playable character the leaks show and perhaps the chapter in which they join? Really praying for the 4 hounds.

Currently we don't know if there are any new unknown characters and the playability of the two new characters from the artbook are still in question, however I will make a section in the OP before any of the other spoilers for people like yourself 🙂 

4 minutes ago, lovelattae said:
  Hide contents

Looks like the time crystal would be back by Chapter 17 based off the preview that Fire Emblem JP posted a couple of weeks ago showcasing the use of it. 

Also wondering where the throwback maps we've seen come into play. Maybe they're paralouges?

Spoiler

Some people have theorized that they might be what is used to push Emblems past rank 10 bond, because we know they go higher.

Oh man from the looks of things this game might actually be quite hard…I may have missed it but what difficulty is the leaker playing on? I may have to just play on normal for my first run just so I don’t embarrass myself. 

Also

Spoiler

Considering Veyle is looking for her sister, and is related to Sombron, while Alear “isn’t” but is still probably related to her, I have a feeling Alear is likely two people, who somehow fused. I mean, engage fusion is a mechanic, so why not? 

5 minutes ago, martystarboy said:

Oh man from the looks of things this game might actually be quite hard…I may have missed it but what difficulty is the leaker playing on? I may have to just play on normal for my first run just so I don’t embarrass myself. 

Also

Hide contents

Considering Veyle is looking for her sister, and is related to Sombron, while Alear “isn’t” but is still probably related to her, I have a feeling Alear is likely two people, who somehow fused. I mean, engage fusion is a mechanic, so why not? 

Spoiler

I am pretty sure the leaker is playing on normal.

Just now, martystarboy said:

Also

Hide contents

They are playing on normal as far as I am aware.

Spoiler

Story wise, I believe the leaker mentioned that it is hinted that Alear was brainwashed by Lumera in some way, possibly to forget what they did as Evil Alear. I believe Zephia mentions she didn't know Alear even existed so there is definitely something going on with Alear.

Damn, when I thought I couldn't get more hyped! 

3 hours ago, Azz said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

I think the most optimal way to grind for proficencies is stick to one Emblem and liberally use training. From what I've seen, bonding up seems pretty easy in battle, like 1 fight is enough to take you from lv1 -> 2. Of course that's not helping when you don't know what Emblem you're gonna lose in the story, but reclassing aren't really meant to be used in first playthrough anyways. 

Anyways, I just love they make reclassing reasonably hard again. Was afraid for another 3H situation.

2 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Damn, when I thought I couldn't get more hyped! 

Hide contents

I think the most optimal way to grind for proficencies is stick to one Emblem and liberally use training. From what I've seen, bonding up seems pretty easy in battle, like 1 fight is enough to take you from lv1 -> 2. Of course that's not helping when you don't know what Emblem you're gonna lose in the story, but reclassing aren't really meant to be used in first playthrough anyways. 

Anyways, I just love they make reclassing reasonably hard again. Was afraid for another 3H situation.

Spoiler

Oh yeah, I don't really care for reclassing tbh and I'm happy that's they're making it a challenge to reclass, however since we know promoting also requires proficiencies, it will be annoying to say promote say Amber to a Wolf Knight if you lose Miccy and no longer have access to get knives. Tho I suppose that explains why everyone you get post chapter 10 is a prepromote, sans the royals so it removes that promotion issue.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

They are playing on normal as far as I am aware.

Hide contents

Story wise, I believe the leaker mentioned that it is hinted that Alear was brainwashed by Lumera in some way, possibly to forget what they did as Evil Alear. I believe Zephia mentions she didn't know Alear even existed so there is definitely something going on with Alear.

Guess I’ll be sticking to normal classic for now ^-^’

Spoiler

All these suspicious hints about Lumera are very interesting. I feel like the theory of there being a late game split ending has a little more credibility now, since they definitely seem to be going for a feeling of wavering allegiance.

8 minutes ago, Azz said:
Spoiler

Oh yeah, I don't really care for reclassing tbh and I'm happy that's they're making it a challenge to reclass, however since we know promoting also requires proficiencies, it will be annoying to say promote say Amber to a Wolf Knight if you lose Miccy and no longer have access to get knives. Tho I suppose that explains why everyone you get post chapter 10 is a prepromote, sans the royals so it removes that promotion issue.

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure everyone will have a soft "canon" promotion based on their proficency, it would be very stupid to lock them out of advanced class due to not having weapon talent (though that's not gonna happen since there are mono weapon classes anyways)

You can grind the bond levels using the arena and bond fragments so it should be easy enough to get what you need before losing them. Especially now that we know of a cut off point

Edited by Kliss88

Although not really spoiler-y at all but have we seen any new skills or weapons? I'm working on a team and I'm liking what I've got so far, I just need to know more about the remaining personal/class skills as a good portion of the units I want to use haven't had theirs shown yet

Edited by BoydSteakhouse
Preface added