Prequel of awakening or fates Story Blazing and binding blade got thinking what if there was prequel that took place before awaking or fate

Jathan

Prequel of awakening or fates

Blazing and binding blade got thinking what if there was prequel that took place before awaking or fates who be the protagonist of the prequel to awakening or fates validar protagonist awakening prequel ? Or anankos protagonist fates prequel? Who would be the playable units? how would the supports go? How love options? Could one of them would be the parents of one of the playable characters from fates or awakening? Comment for your Opinion

Awakening definitely has the most prequel potential out of all the Fire Emblem game. It has the advantage of a known conflict prior to the game with many unknown details. So there is plenty of room to tell a story that slots neatly into the continuity that doesn't feel contrived. If you want to see how people feel about the idea then you can check out this thread from about a year ago.

As for Fates, eh. What would it be about? The lack of really cohesive world building means Fateslandia isn't a place I really feel eager to visit. It certainly has a lot of freedom to make a prequel due to basically nothing happening in the backstory of Fates aside from the corruption of Garon and the love affairs of Sumeragi, but it has few if any elements I personally would like to see more of. You also have the issue of whether it should be Nohr focused, Hoshido focused or try to contrive someway that both are heavily involved in the plot. Fates's focus on duality makes a but awkward to go with any option with another installment in the world. You wouldn't really want to straight up ignore one of the two cultures, but trying to rehash the same thing again wouldn't have any major benefits. Fates is probably the one continuity in Fire Emblem I think most warrants being left as is.

Edited by Jotari

Awakening has two main points I could see them make a prequel around. The first is the reign of Chrom`s father, like Jotari mentioned. The second would be the time of the First Exalt. However, the latter has the issue of us knowing literally nothing about it, except that Grima nearly destoryed the world until he/she was sealed away.

For the former however, we got a few characters to work with. There is the previous Exalt, Gangrel, Validar, possibly Robin`s mother, the Duke of Themis (father of Maribelle) and they could include some minor boss cameos (like Pharos before she went over to Valm`s side). The Taguel could even get some expanded lore. I think this prequel would stick to canon pairs only, like the Kaga era games. Maybe give the Exalt a few options for a spouse, ala FE7 lords, but I don`t think it would copy the "everyone can marry anyone" approach Awakening and Fates had. 

Got no idea what a Fates prequel would even entail.

I don't really think there's much room for a Fates prequel since Fateslandia is such a non entity. There's no story to tell on that continent. 

Awakening has more potential though only by virtue of being Archenea from the future. A story about Marth's world collapsing and Ylisse being created has some potential at least.