RES - And other stats!

renegadeandy

Hi all!

It's been a long long time since I was here last, and I am returning with oomph to Fire Emblem Engage! I am on Chapter 5, and starting to wonder what certain attributes actually mean. Things like

Res ?

Spd (Speed?) -- means - seems higher this is better avoid stat? Is the avoid stat a % chance? so 10 - 10% chance to avoid the attack?

Eff ?

Ddg (Dodge?) -- means?

Dex (Dexterity?) -- means?

Appreciate all advice! I can't see a good explanation of these attributes in game, just what I can glean from experience so far.

Ah! I missed this.

To others wondering, I put my cursor over a unit, press the (-) button, then hit (x) and move the cursor to the different attributes. Excellent thank you!

For those still wondering the actual answers:

Res (Resistance) - Reduces damage from magical attacks.

Spd (Speed) - Contributes to Avo. If greater than or equal to foe's Spd+5 unit Strikes twice.(I was wondering why I sometimes see units attacking 2 times!). Avo -- Avoid rate. Determines the odds of evading an attack.

Eff (still not sure).

Ddg (Dodge) - Determines the odds of avoiding a critical hit.

Dex (Dexterity) - Determines the hit rate and frequency of critical hits.

-----Speed feels super powerful!

Next question:
When it says - "Determines the odds", is this a percentage figure. If so, how does that work for things like Hit - which says "Determines the odds of landing an attack), and whose value for my main character is already 106!?

1 hour ago, renegadeandy said:

Next question:
When it says - "Determines the odds", is this a percentage figure

It's an percentage.

1 hour ago, renegadeandy said:

. If so, how does that work for things like Hit - which says "Determines the odds of landing an attack), and whose value for my main character is already 106!?

Basically, the 106 is your character's accuracy rating; your actual hit rate is usually the sum of your Dex and your weapon's Hit stat. You take this value and subtract it by your opponents Avoid/Evasion rating and the difference is your chance to hit that guy.

5 hours ago, renegadeandy said:

When it says - "Determines the odds", is this a percentage figure. If so, how does that work for things like Hit - which says "Determines the odds of landing an attack), and whose value for my main character is already 106!?

To elaborate a little, an Accuracy value is calculated from the attackers Hit minus the target's Avoid, although it is common for Fire Emblem games to use skewed RNs so while a number between 0-99 is rolled and compared to that Accuracy, it might be distributed differently than a raw percentages would be (its a little early for people to have started figuring out which RN style they are using for this game)

Similar sort of idea with Crit minus target's dodge, but you have to connect with an attack before crit is rolled, and usually this is a basic percentage.