Wolf Knight, what's the point?

BloodRonin

On 1/29/2023 at 10:40 PM, BloodRonin said:

That is actually huge. I did not know that still happened. Anyone know if it also applies Dragonic Hex if you have it?

It shouldn't, because that skill only works when you initiate combat. 

Also, crazy to think that wolf knights can use boots too.

On 1/29/2023 at 11:23 PM, Ragnell17 said:

Chain attack with daggers do inflict the debuff as well which is quite useful.

Came into this thread to mention this as well 🙂 I pointed it out in the Emblem Pairings thread too.

You could put Lucina on a Thief as well, and it'd still be really good though. The advantage of Wolf Knights that was mentioned was naturally higher movement, makes it easier to set up the chain attacks. And indeed that lets you give the boots to another unit instead (like Alear).

Besides, I'd personally say that Thief benefits more from Corrin. Or just a Covert class in general, that fog terrain is pretty useful. Though Thief looks like the best Covert class so far imo; Sniper seems ok for crit stacking but not great beyond that niche.

On 1/29/2023 at 11:40 PM, BloodRonin said:

That is actually huge. I did not know that still happened. Anyone know if it also applies Dragonic Hex if you have it?

I wasn't sure either, so I tested it... and nope.

Guess it makes sense since the description starts with "If unit initiates combat..." disappointing, but makes sense.

Edited by DaveCozy

42 minutes ago, Cupie said:

It shouldn't, because that skill only works when you initiate combat. 

26 minutes ago, DaveCozy said:

Guess it makes sense since the description starts with "If unit initiates combat..." disappointing, but makes sense.

*insert Mario hammer music here*
Sounds like they realized how busted Draconic Hex was in its original game, so they broke out the nerf bat.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

*insert Mario hammer music here*
Sounds like they realized how busted Draconic Hex was in its original game, so they broke out the nerf bat.

Did Craconic Hex activate on Chain Attacks in Fates?

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Did Craconic Hex activate on Chain Attacks in Fates?

Nope. What i meant was that it, like the other seal skills in that game, always took effect after a battle involving the user (well, if they survived).

41 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Nope. What i meant was that it, like the other seal skills in that game, always took effect after a battle involving the user (well, if they survived).

Ah, so you mean you can't enemy phase with it.