Is there a place where FE roleplays are still thriving?

KingStaragna

Or if anyone wants to start a new one here, that would be awesome too!

I’ve been thinking back on my one (1) experience with a Fire Emblem RP with War of Men, which I just looked up and found that it’s 6 years old, which obviously made me feel positively ancient. Since then this forum has had Anon’s FE campaign which I sadly missed the recruitment on. 

As interests tend to do, mine has cycled back to Fire Emblem, particularly fan creations of such, and I have a hankering for some collaborative FE drama & combat. My mind isn’t particularly geared towards running games, especially not ones with a lot of math involved, so I’m not sure I’d do great at being the one to create it. There’s a Fire Emblem roleplay Discord, but that seems to be focused solely on role-playing different FE characters rather than new campaigns.

Is there anywhere left on the internet where said campaigns are alive, well, and recruiting? Or have I just straight up missed my chance? Thank you in advance?

6 hours ago, KingStaragna said:

Or if anyone wants to start a new one here, that would be awesome too!

Is there anywhere left on the internet where said campaigns are alive, well, and recruiting? Or have I just straight up missed my chance? Thank you in advance?

I know there's the reddit one, as well as one on the Dwarf Fortress forums. I can't quite remember why, but I don't think I was particularly enthralled by them. That might just be a matter of my own preferences, and ergo how much you trust or relate to them.

I’ve been thinking back on my one (1) experience with a Fire Emblem RP with War of Men, which I just looked up and found that it’s 6 years old, which obviously made me feel positively ancient. Since then this forum has had Anon’s FE campaign which I sadly missed the recruitment on.

I am not familiar with War of Men, do tell.

Fear not! Slow but steady progress is being made on the revitalization of the Ruined World- though it's planned to use tabletop mechanics. I think that should lighten the load of both running and playing it, but I think the system I'm modifying should work fairly well to capture some of FE's mechanics.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

• 1 year later...
On 1/28/2023 at 10:21 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Fear not! Slow but steady progress is being made on the revitalization of the Ruined World

hahahahahahahahah wow. I really let myself down here.

On 3/16/2024 at 9:00 PM, Rapier said:

Yeah, I'm also interested in participating on RPs if anyone has any.

You know, despite the above, I have a test scenario that's close enough to complete that I could probably hash out a few prefabs and get going.

There's also the opportunity to do something free-form instead of experimenting with the system I've been working on, which I think would work just as well and is the historically precedent means of doing things here (if you're outside the established roleplaying circle).

23 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

hahahahahahahahah wow. I really let myself down here.

You know, despite the above, I have a test scenario that's close enough to complete that I could probably hash out a few prefabs and get going.

There's also the opportunity to do something free-form instead of experimenting with the system I've been working on, which I think would work just as well and is the historically precedent means of doing things here (if you're outside the established roleplaying circle).

I'm fine with both. Got better from my allergy to game mechanics!

Also, if you want a system that's very flexible for a lot of settings and very freeform (and the content is on creative commons iirc), I recommend taking a look on the Savage Worlds RP book (SWADE). It also comes with pre-established settings if you find that a better option.

1 hour ago, Rapier said:

I'm fine with both. Got better from my allergy to game mechanics!

Also, if you want a system that's very flexible for a lot of settings and very freeform (and the content is on creative commons iirc), I recommend taking a look on the Savage Worlds RP book (SWADE). It also comes with pre-established settings if you find that a better option.

I'll take a peak at Savage Worlds, but as for the more immediate future, I'll see if I can get some interest check threads up in the next couple of days. If both are fine, might as well see what has more general support.