Why do I like Galzus?

Jotari

Something I've been wondering about for a while now is the chadacter of Galzus. Namely how he's kind of a huge asshole. Like, aside from the comically unrepetent asshat Lifis from the same game, he's kind of the worst playabke character in the series. And yeahn I'm counting serial killers like Peri and Karel. 

That's a big claim, so let's analyze him for a second. He is fighting in the inner circle of the lopt cult. He has a front row seat to the coliseum battles that result in the child hunts. There's no plausible deniability here. This guy knows how evil the lopt cult is and just does not give a fuck. And he doesn't swap to your side through any arguments or philosophical moral change. It's purely a selfish decision if not wanting to fight his daughter.

Speaking if his daughter...she'snot his daughter. He's a sterotypical deadbeat dad. He fully intends to just abandon her again as soon as she's found him. And it's not just because Eyvel's doing such a steller job. He'd tiss Mareeta off on someone else if Eyvel's not around. He cares enough about his daughter to literally not kill her and proreft her for one battle, but that's it. I once described him as the most mercenary of Fire Emblem's cast. And I don't mean that in terms of professionn but in terms of mentality. This man is willing to do absolutely anything for the sake of gain. He's kind of just a more attractive Hans. Only Hans might actually have some loyalty Garon!

So Galuz is kind of just plain selfish and evil. Or at least unrepentently and knowingly carrying out the will of evil. So why do I like him so much? I mean, I know a character doesn't have to be good ti be likable, but less face it, Galzus isn't around all that long to be a truly deep or compelling character. He's kind of the most basic 90s super dark and edgy sterotype.

Yet I do genuinely like him and think he's cool. Maybe its the fact that he's 90s hyper dark done right? Maybe its because Thracia is the kind of game that's willing to throw a character like this at you? Maybe its that dark music that plays when you first see him and he's hunting you down. Or maybe its as simple as the fur hood and sharp facial features just really working for him in Thracia's artsyle.

I don't realy know. How do other people feel about him? Do you like him and find him cool? Or do you think he's just sort of silly and over the top? He seems to be the Thracia character people most want to see adapted into a Genealogy remake, so I reckon he must be somewhat popular (for a Thracia character).

Edited by Jotari

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

He's kind of the most basic 90s super dark and edgy sterotype.

Yet I do genuinely like him and think he's cool. Maybe its the fact that he's 90s hyper dark done right? Maybe its because Thracia is the kind of game that's willing to throw a character like this at you? Maybe its that dark music that plays when you first see him and he's hunting you down. Or maybe its as simple as the fur hood and sharp facial features just really working for him in Thracia's artsyle.

bingo. he looks cool and badass so I kinda like him too tbh. and him having access to both Luna AND Astra natively is wicked cool

13 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Ideally speaking he looks like nothing because you don't have a therapist.

IMO just my advice fr fr no cap.

Well if I were to have a therapist, ideally he'd look like Galzus.

Portrait_galzus_fe05.png

Isn't that a face you just have to open up to?