Emblem Tier List

Jotari

31 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Really? I found Canter(+) an amazing skill on lots of units. At minimum, having it on a few people is extremely useful for optimum use of Goddess Dance.

Sigurd's much better IMO (move is, as always, the best stat, but on top of that he gives a whole bunch of power via Momentum). I actually thought Marth was one of the weakest earlygame emblems myself, but maybe that's because I kept him on Alear who I found pretty unimpressive early.

Roy's solid but I definitely don't think he's nearly as good as Lyn. Thanks to Speedtaker Lyn just gives far more speed than Roy gives strength (and speed is a more universally useful stat IMO). That said I think you're right about him on dodgetanks.

Movement is a great stat I agree, my main argument would be so much of the early game requires your units to stay close together cause none can really fight well on there own until you get to master seals. So the movement can't really reach its full strength until its okay for them to go off on there own.  That and so many early game bosses have crazy defense so it is pain.  Its by know means bad I just think Marth has argument for better cause early on things like the rapier help deal with the armor knight bosses and things like lodstar rush deal with anything else. Then of course Merc gives you the XP boost, then once you get the master seal Marth turns Chloe or Lapis into a one man army that makes life so much easier when you just want part of the map dead.

I agree that Roy isn't as good Lyn, just more meant that you can sort of view him as a lyn for str, the bigger things for him are hold out and 1-2 range sword (also stats are nice) Also not around for nearly as long if that matters. Although I will shout out him for the tiki map cause wyrm slayer makes it way easier. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, DaveCozy said:

Oh good idea, yeah that one is cheap too.

Not healing Wrath/Vantage is pretty easy as long Seadall has Canter honestly.

Dual Strike is not inheritable. And Dual Assist(+) only works if your unit can chain attack to begin with, so it is a waste to inherit it on anyone other than backup units.

Oh is it? Well I'll just keep Lucina on Seadall for that effect then.

47 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Really? I found Canter(+) an amazing skill on lots of units. At minimum, having it on a few people is extremely useful for optimum use of Goddess Dance.

Wait... I should clarify. I meant the specific combo of abilities.

Canter is great on several units.

Canter+ I am not sure on. The Well maybe changes whether it's realistic and worth getting now 

It's true that Canter+ doesn't offer a huge amount of utility above Canter, but ultimately you can only equip two skills. And if you already have Canter as one of those skills and have gotten the other skill upgraded as far as it need be and you have the SP to spare, then yeah, Canter+ is definitely worth spending it on. Say if you're pairing Divine Pulse with Canter (a good set up on a unit like Ivy, I'd say), you should have enough SP for Divine Pulse+ and Canter+ by end game. Skills are expensive and SP is hard to come by in this game (until you get to high level tempest trials where it becomes practically infinite), but the fact that there's only two equipment slots means that you have little incentive to spread yourself out, skills wise. Unless you're really struggling in early game and just need that hit+10 that you'll never upgrade, you need only ever buy two skills per unit.

Yeah, I also ended up getting Canter+ on quite a few people, and that was without the well of course. Depending on the unit's second skill, it may be one that does not cost much (Reposition for an extreme example) and hence there's nothing else to spend SP on, or it may be that I judge the SP and bond fragments spent on Canter+ to be a better use of resources than the alternative (e.g. Canter -> Canter+ seems like a better deal than Speed+4 -> Speed+5 to me). Obviously some builds may have other things to spend SP on and I definitely think it's fine to stop at Canter.

17 hours ago, DaveCozy said:

I've only ever inherited Quality Time+ with Seadall. Mostly because I had no idea what else he could use besides Canter as a skill. 🤷‍♂️ It's expensive in Bond Fragments, but it's actually really cheap SP wise. Makes sense since 10HP recovered to adjacent allies at the end of your move really is pretty underwhelming, so it has to be cheap to inherit with SP too. Cost is fine imo. And uh what else is Seadall gonna do anyways besides dance?

I wouldn't have such a low opinion of it if it wasn't gated behind Corrin's paralogue and at such a high bond level that I'd have to crap away a ton of bond fragments for it. It really didn't need to be at bond level 18... 

Edited by Shadow Mir

I've found bond fragments to easily be the least limited resource in the game. I got many characters to high bond levels with multiple emblems, and still ended the game with like 70k bond fragments. SP was by far the more limiting factor to me.

4 minutes ago, Galap said:

I've found bond fragments to easily be the least limited resource in the game. I got many characters to high bond levels with multiple emblems, and still ended the game with like 70k bond fragments. SP was by far the more limiting factor to me.

How? Because I only got around 10k, and I'm in chapter 17.

13 minutes ago, Galap said:

Bond fragments are going to be a YMMV situation. People who do activities a lot, see supports, etc. will get a lot, because most things in the game generate a small amount of them, which adds up over time. When you get the best rod you can get 1,000 a pop for certain fish. But people who skip a lot of the Somniel stuff will find themselves very short, especially early on. In my current run I've been doing activities a lot, but still was pretty short pre-Ch 10 after using them for proficiencies and Mercurius spamming.

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

How? Because I only got around 10k, and I'm in chapter 17.

I've been pretty anal about doing all the things that get them-- fishing, sommie etc. I don't remember how many I had at 17 though. One thing to say is have you been picking up the achievement bond fragments from the bulletin board to the left of the food counter? I only figured out that those existed like halfway through my playthrough and it immediately more than doubled my fragments.