What's the best emulator to play NES Fire Emblem?

Can I confirm what platform you're on?

I'm used to using Higan and it worked fine with Gaiden, but in terms of pure NES emulation I've heard about Nestopia but I'm less familiar with mobile emulators.

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Can I confirm what platform you're on?

I'm used to using Higan and it worked fine with Gaiden, but in terms of pure NES emulation I've heard about Nestopia but I'm less familiar with mobile emulators.

I'm on a Windows PC. Probably should have led with that. 😕

2 minutes ago, ForsetiMaster2006 said:

I'm on a Windows PC. Probably should have led with that. 😕

Nah it's fine, just information to add.

I'll link to an extensive list here, which will have links to the distributions. NEStopia as I mentioned probably should be fine but there are others too, I'd say look into what's there.

10 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Nah it's fine, just information to add.

I'll link to an extensive list here, which will have links to the distributions. NEStopia as I mentioned probably should be fine but there are others too, I'd say look into what's there.

Thanks man!

1 hour ago, ForsetiMaster2006 said:

I've been playing through Gaiden as of late, but I didn't realize the emulator I was using wasn't free until it informed me my free trial was almost up (the emulator was Mesen, if you were wondering). What emulator would you recommend for NES games?

Mesen isn't free...? I've had it on my machine for quite awhile and I've heard nothing of the sort.

My personal recommendation is FCEUX (https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/689/). Can confirm that FE1 (and thusly, FE2) will always be 100% operational on FCEUX, there's some great filters for that authentic feel, and I think it's easier to use than Mesen.

Edited by Polinym

• 3 months later...