FE8 Tier list!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They reach 7, which is enough to double Gilliam.

Where did he get moved, exactly?

Middle, from low.

below forde/tana.

Not before a level up or two.

We're using either Mekkah or the gamefaqs tier list for debating purposes, so no, Gilliam didn't get moved anywhere.

this is reinfleche's tier list.

Edited by MaraeSceptre

Why are we even talking about gamefaqs anyway? That tier list is incribly fail (and biased).

EDIT: Anyway, the tier list is now updated to include supports. Also, Natasha's placement hugely fixed.

Edited by Reinfleche

I'm one of the few folks who doesn't join in the "omg anima > light since light r heavy and costly and weak lols". Bishop Arthur's tomes get triple might on several occasions, some on the largest maps in the game.

11 Ephraim

12 Ephraim (not all enemies, but almost if not more than half of them)

11 Eirika

12 Eirika

These don't apply if Arthur isn't promoted early (something that may or may not be a bad idea), but they're there, so bleh.

Then we have 18, 20 and F where his damage output just plain owns Lute's unless she uses Excalibur. I must say 30 uses is actually a lot for those last few chapters, but nonetheless, the fact is that Arthur can one round something huge like a Cyclops with a Divine tome while Lute cannot (or not even with Elfire). And Arthur also gets C staves while Lute gets D (buyable Physics after one weapon level ftw).

Oh, and Arthur has WTA over Dark magic, which actually matters in this game (Archknollgalls have huge Mt, and Gorgons have that plus the ever dangerous Stone spell), so Lute has to go Sage to match that WTA, and can't use Excalibur to match Arthur's massive offense then.

They're quite close, but I'd say Slayer + earlygame win + WTA over dark > anima's slightly better stats and the option of a mount.

I think Mount > slight earlygame win and WTA over dark, especially since Lute can evade more things later on than Artur can (Artur's luck starts to bite him). But personally I think the mount should be better than Slayer for the most part especially since Slayer's output is more or less the same as everyone else's; unless it's against a select few enemies (like the big things with the Axe whose name I forget and those promoted zombies). But I dunno I can't see why Artur > Lute.

I think Mount > slight earlygame win and WTA over dark, especially since Lute can evade more things later on than Artur can (Artur's luck starts to bite him).

Hm...

Lute's mount is only one extra move over Sage, rather than the usual Paladin-like movement that Rangers and friends receive. I don't know if you took that into account. For Luk, using 20/1, the gap between his and hers is ~10, their Spd is pretty much equal. And Lute either has earlier avoid supports, or more avoid from supports (depending on if Arthur takes B Tethys or B Joshua). I must admit I underestimated Lute's power output too..a solid 3 damage lead per hit, 6 per double, can easily negate if not override the leads Arthur gets when Slayering, especially since most of it happens at a point where Lute is OHKOing with Excalibur at any moment she pleases.

I think I'll switch them around for now.

Kyle's defensive lead are less than Forde's much better offensive lead.

Except it's not. Forde has problems establishing that offensive lead, if it happens during the storyline at all, due to a combination of worse strength base/growth and Con. The way the game plays out, 5% more speed and a slightly higher base just isn't sufficient to secure one for him. Sorry.

It's harder to train Forde if he has more trouble finishing weakened enemies since Kyle scores more dph and it takes less hits for enemies to grind him into dust. When neither one-rounds or both start doing it as often as another, then defensive attributes stand out over the offensive as far as their roles go.

Edited by Former Guest

Yeah, I just recently began to think Kyle>Forde. On Eirika's route, he can get Colm A, which also offsets any of Forde's minor leads.

I never looked at Kyle vs Forde too seriously, but I'm not sure why you're mentioning Colm A.

Forde has Kyle, Ephraim, Franz and Eirika as support options. They're all reasonably fast supports (high base points and 3 growth except for Eirika which is 2), then 2 of them have the same affinity as Colm and another has fire, which gives most of the same benefits as light (atk, crit).

So I don't see how Kyle is at a support advantage. He has Forde, Ephraim and Lute which are pretty fast, and Colm who is slightly slower, but that's only 1 more option really.

I guess we could get into how viable Kyle's support options are compared to Forde's but it's mostly overlap and I don't feel like going tl;dr unless necessary.

I think the main reason why Kyle has this perceived support advantage is that he receives Avo from supports - I generally consider Avo the most important bonus.

I think the main reason why Kyle has this perceived support advantage is that he receives Avo from supports - I generally consider Avo the most important bonus.

Depending on the class, you're right.

It's not about "total possible Avo". Class itself has nothing to do with performance - all it does is give you certain attributes: abilities to use certain weapons, ballistae, etc, as well as giving skills (Slayer, Silencer, Lockpicking, Sure Shot, etc), and it changes your caps, but those do not matter until endgame, if at all.

So all Pally vs GK does is change their stats slightly (in favor of the GK), and trade axes vs lower movement. Whatever their "total possible Avo" is does not matter. What matters is that Kyle would like to avoid things: it allows you to take zero damage when you would take some otherwise. Kyle, in fact, very much likes Avo for three more reasons:

- he is generally quite bulky, so he gets to be exposed to many attacks, giving him many chances to avoid

- stacking on that, his chances of dying decrease drastically if he gets more Avo: 5% extra Avo helps a lot more if you die in 5 hits than if you die in 2

- he generally holds WTA, so more Avo works in conjunction with the 2 RN system, making that 5% extra Avo worth more like 7-10% extra

I would say the only unit who doesn't really benefit from Avo ever is Gilliam, whose Avo is too terrible to save with anything. Well, and healers/archers (before promotion).

Nothing depends on class.

Well, I would look on an Armor hoping that it will dodge everything, only if he can take lots of damage with his DEF.

You're...not making sense. Are you sure you read my post?

Class itself has nothing to do with performance - all it does is give you certain attributes: abilities to use certain weapons, ballistae, etc, as well as giving skills (Slayer, Silencer, Lockpicking, Sure Shot, etc), and it changes your caps, but those do not matter until endgame, if at all.

Naw, we have plenty. If you have something to suggest, go with this one:

-God-

Seth

Franz

Vanessa

Ephraim [Eph]

Moulder

Natasha

Tethys [Eir]

-High-

Duessel [Eph]

Lute

Arthur

Colm

Kyle

Forde

Tethys [Eph]

Ephraim [Eir]

Eirika [Eir]

Gerik [Eir]

Saleh [Eir]

-Upper Mid-

Cormag [Eph]

Joshua

Gerik [Eph]

Tana [Eir]

Tana [Eph]

Eirika [Eph]

Gilliam

Innes [Eir]

Marisa [Eir]

Myrrh

-Lower Mid-

Saleh [Eph]

Garcia

Cormag [Eir]

Marisa [Eph]

Ross

Rennac

-Low/Bottom-

Duessel [Eir]

Neimi

L'Arachel

Innes [Eph]

Ewan

Dozla

Knoll

Amelia

Syrene

-Good-For-A-Chapter-

Orson

Edited by Mekkah

Seeing Joshua below Tana irks me, especially when there's a tier difference. Joshua has good speed, passable attack (enough to kill things later on, especially with a Killing Edge) and availability on his side... as well as ease of use. I believe he has support with stuff like Natasha, Franz and Seth as early game units, and later on Cormag and MUCH later on Knoll. He's got a Wind affinity to buff up the attack too, even if evade is better; it's not like he doesn't evade things already.

Tana has supports but... her ease of use has some difficulties. Paired with low con of a Pegasus before promotion (affecting her AS and evade) and archer weak.

Edited by Nathan Graves

You are confusing Joshua's supports with Natasha's. Joshua has a Gerik support though, which is quite pwn. Natasha support doesn't help her in the slightest until she promotes, but it gives him bonuses alright. Just stupid Wind/Ice ones. Everything else I agree on. I moved down Eir Tana to right above Eph Tana, so if Joshua wants to go up further he has to defy Cormag, Saleh and :o Eir Gerik.

Edited by Mekkah