Fire Emblem Lords/Leads and Their Official Titles

Randoman

With Marth having the title "Hero King" and Ike having the title "Radiant Hero" in Fire Emblem Engage and the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC, I was wondering if there's a compilation of all the titles that the lord/lead characters have from both Fire Emblem Engage and Fire Emblem Awakening's DLC. The Fire Emblem Engage titles are easy enough to find, though I'm not really sure where to find a list of all the lords'/leads' titles from the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC.

Also, I know that some lords/leads (Eliwood comes to mind), don't have official titles, and I thought it might be fun to brainstorm title ideas for lords/eads that don't have them.

There's also the glammed up titles written for character in Smash Bros for the Boxing Ring stage

They are (in the North American version):

• Marth: The Hero-King
  • Roy: The Young Lion
  • Ike: The Radiant Hero of Legend
  • Robin: The Tactician Magician
  • Lucina: Warrior from a Doomed Future
  • Corrin: Blood of Dragons
  • Chrom: Prince of Ylisse
  • Byleth: Ashen Demon

It's nothing terribly imaginative. A strong preference for the names given to the characters in their Ending scrolls. But if they were going for Deep Cuts over flavor, Mario ought to have been The Great Gonzales.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

I find Roy's title a bit funny. Like, where did that name come from? I don't recall any lions, metaphorical or otherwise ever being seen or mentioned in Binding Blade. So much so that I thought the title had been made up years after the fact because  it's so easy to just not read the ending card titles. it's also a bit weird now that they've made the lion the symbol of Rigel and given Alm some lion association with Double Lion.

From what I can gather, I think that most, if not all, main characters in the series do have official titles; some are just a bit harder to find from official sources than others, but generally speaking, a character's epitaph in their ending or in Heroes is what their title is, unless shown/stated otherwise. Starting with the most well-known ones:

• Marth - The Hero-King
  • Roy - The Young Lion
  • Ike - The Radiant Hero

Those titles are pretty much synonymous with their associated character at this point, and for good reason (Smash). As for other characters, some of them are a little less obvious, or just given a passing mention:

• Alm - The Saint-King, which parallel's Marth's title quite nicely if you ask me
  • Celica - The Caring Princess
  • Sigurd - I don't think it's ever mentioned in FE4 outright, but it's most likely the Holy Knight. Not only is this supported by his epitaph(s) in Heroes and the title of his Paralogue in Engage, but the music that plays in the prologue of FE4 is titled "Birth of the Holy Knight"
  • Seliph - The Scion of Light; also referred to as Holy King in Leif's ending in Thracia 776
  • Leif - The Sage Lord
  • Lyn - Lady of the Plains
  • Eliwood - Knight of Lycia; alternatively, he eventually inherits the title of Marquess Pherae
  • Hector - General of Ostia; alternatively, he eventually inherits the title of Marquess Ostia
  • Eirika/Ephraim - something something Restoration Lady/Lord/Queen/King; I figured I'd lump them together since they basically have the same title, just gendered to fit them respectively
  • Micaiah - Silver-Haired Maiden, Priestess of Dawn, the list goes on
  • Robin - High Deliverer
  • Chrom/Lucina - Are far as titles go, these two would probably be "something Exalt." If it were me to decide on definitive titles, I'd go with Shepherd Exalt for Chrom (like in Engage) and Future Exalt for Lucina
    • I suppose it should be mentioned that Lucina does masquerade as Marth for a time, so I guess she also technically has the title of Hero-King...?
  • Corrin - The Crux of Fate
  • Azura - Lady of the Lake (what lake?)
  • Byleth - The Ashen Demon (from their days as a mercenary); they're also referred to as Professor by most of the characters in the monastery (and Teach by Claude), but that's less of a title and more so how they're addressed
  • Alear - The Divine Dragon

There aren't all character titles, but the ones I thought fit the best. I hope that's a decent list to help you out.

1 hour ago, indigoasis said:

• Sigurd - I don't think it's ever mentioned in FE4 outright, but it's most likely the Holy Knight. Not only is this supported by his epitaph(s) in Heroes and the title of his Paralogue in Engage, but the music that plays in the prologue of FE4 is titled "Birth of the Holy Knight"
  •  

I don't think they could actually get mich more explicit with Sigurd being referred to as a holy knight. Not only is it expressly mentioned outright in the text at the end of the prologue, but it's the actual name of the prologue, not just the music that plays over it. Though, some translations have it as "Birth of a Crusader."

On 5/16/2023 at 5:38 PM, Jotari said:

I don't think they could actually get mich more explicit with Sigurd being referred to as a holy knight. Not only is it expressly mentioned outright in the text at the end of the prologue, but it's the actual name of the prologue, not just the music that plays over it. Though, some translations have it as "Birth of a Crusader."

Yeah, that's true. It's been a while since I last played FE4.