Merciless/Hard 5 Walkthrough

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your reason was because you didn't have use for move and because there are a lot of powerful Brave Weapon enemies in the last chapters?

Pretty much. Would YOU have a Swordmaster to attack directly knowing your unit's gonna take about 25-30 damage (and often has to move in range of more enemies) during the counter-attack when you could just switch them to a class with access to 2-3 range? Barst is fine as a Hero since he's got decent power with Hand Axe.

Edited by Levin

Good point...good lord, those Swordmasters must be absolute monsters to be able to deal that much damage...

But wait, Snipers have 2-3? And is that with any weapon?

They're the only ones that can use Longbow. You've got access to 5 (hammerne staff says hi) if you go to the gaiden and get 3 from the secret shop. Being able to attack Mages/Bishops and Forged Javelin users without fear of counter-attack is good. For everything else, Silver bow pwns.

Also, the only enemy Swordmasters in the game suck, they don't deal much damage and they lack brave weapons. Most brave weapons are lance and sword.

Edited by Levin

Notes on my playthrough: Cain gets promotion this time since he needs it the most and he remained an Archer so he could play as a sniper in this chapter. His bow weapon level was C and a Half after promotion (he had reached D before it). Managed to have Catria go from level 9 to 15.

Wait, does this mean you changed Abel back to a cavalier?

Notes on my playthrough: Cain gets promotion this time since he needs it the most and he remained an Archer so he could play as a sniper in this chapter. His bow weapon level was C and a Half after promotion (he had reached D before it). Managed to have Catria go from level 9 to 15.

Wait, does this mean you changed Abel back to a cavalier?

Why would it?

What was meant by the bolded is that I didn't promote him during the prep screen and used the Master seal found in the chapter. Like I said, I wanted to have him as a Sniper so I kept him as an Archer. I didn't say anything about Abel because there was nothing to say about him. He remained an archer, no promotion so why bother mentioning anything?

Edited by Levin

So if I'm using Abel/Cain/Catria, and I want one each to be a Sniper/Paladin/Swordmaster, which should be which? Does it matter?

I'd make them all Snipers.

Change them based on what their stats look like... for example, the one with the lowest durability could probably be the sniper while the other 2 just need to have good durability.

All Snipers seems a bit overkill O_o

I don't plan on using Sedgar/Wolf, so who's going to be on the frontline for my team? I plan on using Marth, Lena, Merric, Barst and Ogma as well. And of those, only Barst and Ogma really excel on the frontline. Won't I get destroyed on enemy phase if all of them are Snipers?

Won't I get destroyed on enemy phase if all of them are Snipers?
Not if you destroy them on the player phase, which is what Snipers are supposed to do.

Plus, Snipers are actually somewhat durable units, so there's still a decent chance they'll survive.

All Snipers seems a bit overkill O_o

I don't plan on using Sedgar/Wolf, so who's going to be on the frontline for my team? I plan on using Marth, Lena, Merric, Barst and Ogma as well. And of those, only Barst and Ogma really excel on the frontline. Won't I get destroyed on enemy phase if all of them are Snipers?

They should be snipers during the lategame, initially, they should be cavaliers during first job until you've got some other frontline units to help.

By the time you get a few good snipers, you should have a tank or 2. Barst could get some STR as Fighter and then some Lance/Bow WEXP later and then become a General. Horace could be your other tank and if a 3rd is necessary, Xane will do.

Darros has 60% DEF growth but 1 SPD and 0% SPD growth as AK, difficult to raise but that 60% DEF growth seems worth it to me.

I was also thinking Hunter--->General Cord. He can go from backline to frontline at promotion thanks to huge defense and high avoid from supports.

His Def wouldn't be impressive (19.6 average at lvl 20/1) but at least he wouldn't get doubled. Personally, I wouldn't pay mind to supports and just play expecting every enemy attack to hit you, but that's just me.

Hello !

I just ask you a advice : Who is the best sniper (by reclassing) in the game (growth stat etc.)?

I don't want Zagaro and Wolf to be other class than Horseman, are they good in this class ?

Thank you !

Hello !

I just ask you a advice : Who is the best sniper (by reclassing) in the game (growth stat etc.)?

I don't want Zagaro and Wolf to be other class than Horseman, are they good in this class ?

Thank you !

The Aritian trio (Abel, Cain, Frey) and Catria are the best (Swordmasters, Snipers, Draco Knights, Paladins).

Horseman's poor bases makes them difficult to double things in H5 and it'll take quite a while for them to take hits. General or Hero are the best options for them (General makes the game easy though >_>).

Thank you =D

So General ...but are their speed good enough to double ?

No, they don't need to anyway. The General's role in H5 is to counter-attack so that your other units can kill the enemy off. Marth is easy to train in chapter 18 for this reason and the same goes for Catria in just about any chapter after you get her.