I'm on chapter 28....(SPOILERS SPOILERS!)

Liz

right after cruel Eliwood killed Ninian

I was all "aww, how sad. Eliwood killed the woman he loves (A support with Ninian)"

and it was all dramatic and such, it made me feel all emotional.

then i got to chapter 29.

on the weird map they always show before the chapter, what is the first thing that happens?

They put a picture of Ninian and literally state "Ninian is dead."

now, it may be my incredible twisted sense of humor, but i couldn't help but burst out laughing when i read it.

after such a dramatic scene, they tell you bluntly, oh she's dead. and i couldn't help it.

did this happen to anybody else, or am i just cruel, twisted, and insane like that?

ninianisdeadct8.png

I saw this screen, and I must have looked at it for a good couple of seconds. We've just watched Ninian die, and to say it so bluntly and to the point like that is like the last, fatal push of the knife to the heart.

right after cruel Eliwood killed Ninian

I was all "aww, how sad. Eliwood killed the woman he loves (A support with Ninian)"

and it was all dramatic and such, it made me feel all emotional.

I also felt like that, sad and emotional.

I mean Ninian was nice and she took an important role, even a bigger role than Nils.

Also: Why didn't Serra or Priscilla, Athos or Pent cured her with one of their staves?

I also felt like that, sad and emotional.

I mean Ninian was nice and she took an important role, even a bigger role than Nils.

Also: Why didn't Serra or Priscilla, Athos or Pent cured her with one of their staves?

I assume that the wound was too fatal for White Magic to have an effect.

Anyways...

During the whole scene, my heart was pounding, and then there was lingering sadness.

Edited by Little Al

It caught me the first time I saw it. I had ended the previous chapter thinking "Ha, I bet she's still alive and will come back later. They'll probably avoid saying she's officially 'dead.'" 5 seconds later I was proven wrong.

It's only funny if you imagine that someone skips the blabbering Eliwood and Hector do all the time, misses the scene after Eliwood's personal chapter, then ends up getting spoiled a la DD-Snape style with this screen.

And in the end she's not dead. Which was weird.

Hmm, I don't remember, but how does she come back?

Hmm, I don't remember, but how does she come back?

Yeah. But depending on whether she got A support with Eliwood or not, she usually walks into the Dragon's Gate anyways, so it's not like it's that big a deal... <_<

Yeah. But depending on whether she got A support with Eliwood or not, she usually walks into the Dragon's Gate anyways, so it's not like it's that big a deal... <_<

If she has A support with Eliwood, she gets pregnant with Roy. I'd say that is quite a big deal.

I guess it depends on whether the Eliwood-Ninian A support is canon or not.

If she has A support with Eliwood, she gets pregnant with Roy. I'd say that is quite a big deal.

I guess it depends on whether the Eliwood-Ninian A support is canon or not.

I meant if she doesn't have the A support, she goes back. God, I suck at explaining things. :(

And personally, I can see it being part of the canon because of all of the interaction that goes on between the two of them. And besides, if any Lyn pairing other than Lyn/Rath were canon, how would Sue get born? And I like to think that Tate shares Fiora's hair color...

Edited by Herr Wozzeck

if any Lyn pairing other than Lyn/Rath were canon, how would Sue get born?

I'm sure there's more than one woman in Sacae. As far as I know, all that is known for certain is that Sue is Dayan's granddaughter. I don't believe it was ever directly stated that Sue was Rath's daughter.

I'm sure there's more than one woman in Sacae. As far as I know, all that is known for certain is that Sue is Dayan's granddaughter. I don't believe it was ever directly stated that Sue was Rath's daughter.

Considering Rath is the son of the Silver Wolf, knowing that Dayan is the Silver Wolf, and judging from Sue's hair color (read: Green like Lyn), then it's possible to argue that Lyn/Rath is canon.

Considering Rath is the son of the Silver Wolf, knowing that Dayan is the Silver Wolf, and judging from Sue's hair color (read: Green like Lyn), then it's possible to argue that Lyn/Rath is canon.

Almost every Sacaean has green hair, (Dayan and Rath both have green hair too) so comparing them just by the hair color is a bit dumb. And also (if you ask me) Sue's appearance is more similar to Rath's rather than Lyn's. Also don't forget that Lyn is 1/2 Lycian. If you ask me, Sue looks too much like a full-fledged sacaean. (Sue's eyes are very slanted, giving her an Asian-type appearance. Conversely, Lyn's eyes are more rounded.) If she really was Lyn's daughter, she definitely would have at least some parts of her possible Lycian heritage to show (and I know, Sacaean blood shows stronger in mixed blooded people that have Sacaean blood, BUT STILL), and as far as I know, I'm not seeing anything of Roland the "Little Knight" in Sue.

Edited by Staraptor

Besides, Lyn has more conversations with Hector than with Rath, including one with a unique tune in 29xE or 31xH.

Not that that makes Lyn-Hector canon, any more than the unique tune at the end of 28E/30H makes Eliwood-Ninian canon.

In short, there are only two canon pairings: Pent-Louise and Bartre-Karla.

Besides, Lyn has more conversations with Hector than with Rath, including one with a unique tune in 29xE or 31xH.

Not that that makes Lyn-Hector canon, any more than the unique tune at the end of 28E/30H makes Eliwood-Ninian canon.

In short, there are only two canon pairings: Pent-Louise and Bartre-Karla.

There's also that "Don't die..." conversation Lyn has with Hector in the final chapter in Hector's story, but I can see what you're saying. Edited by Staraptor