What if the Laguz exists in Jugdral?

Nozomi Kasaki

So after watching a couple of playthroughs of the Jugdral and Tellius games, a funny question just appeared in my mind.

What if somehow, without the existence of Ashunera and the Zunanma, the Laguz still exists, but on Jugdral instead of on Tellius?

How would the existence of the Laguz affect the lore and history of the Jugdral continent from the Era of the Loptrian Empire to the events of FE4 and FE5? How would their existence affect the story of both Geneaology of the Holy War and Thracia 776?

(NOTE: I am very hesitant in posting this as while this question is related to the Jugdral lore, the Laguz are from the Tellius games which are not from the NES and SNES Era and I am worried that I might break any rules of the Serenes Forums for posting this here. So if I made a mistake on posting this in this forum, please don't hesitate to let me know so I can delete this post.)

Edited by Nozomi Kasaki

Given the nobility in Jugdral seems rather rotten I'd not find it surprising if they enslave or butcher the Laguz like those in Tellius do. I could also see them being fierce supporters of Emperor Arvis and his ideals, and then paying the price when a new regime takes charge of the Empire. 

36 minutes ago, Nozomi Kasaki said:

What if somehow, without the existence of Ashunera and the Zunanma, the Laguz still exists, but on Jugdral instead of on Tellius?

It's difficult to give a reason for Laguz being in Jugdral when you remove the reason for Lagus being in Tellius to begin with.

Instead of Ashnuera, another power has to be responsible for the creation of the Lauguz. Could the dragons reproduce on mass and spawn more (Dragon) Laguz? Could their blood also manifest in humans who can pass it on via blood lines? Wouldn't they be worshipped and used as an energy source then, compared to the more elusive, mythical dragons in Jugdral?

1 hour ago, Aircalipoor said:

It's difficult to give a reason for Laguz being in Jugdral when you remove the reason for Lagus being in Tellius to begin with.

Which is why I included the word somehow in there as there is no way for the Laguz to exist without Ashunera because I'm not sure how and why she would exist in Jugdral at all seeing as Jugdral and Tellius are arguably from separate universes.

Sorry for such a stupid and ludicrous question.

Edited by Nozomi Kasaki

1 hour ago, Aircalipoor said:

Could their blood also manifest in humans who can pass it on via blood lines?

Here's an idea: what if we had three extra Heroes and three extra Dragons , at the Miracle of Darna? Each one would grant an additional bloodline, granting the ability to perform into a Beast, Bird, or Wyrm, respectively. Major blood lets its bearer transform indefinitely, at any time (a la Formshift), while Minor blood grants a time-limited transformation (so, non-royal Laguz).

After the Miracle, I see the Beast inheritor settling in Verdane. His descendants essentially become the Verdane royal family. So, Batu and Jamke have Major Beast blood, while Jamke's brothers have minor blood. When unshifted, they have combat as usual. When shifted, they have higher movement, a Strength boost, and trade their weaponry for a "Fang" attack. Jamke joins your army as usual, and he can pass Major/minor blood on to his children as well.

As for the Bird inheritor, she takes up roost in mountainous Miletos. There, she comes to found a republic, where her descendants occupy something of an "elite caste". They aren't really relevant pre-war (outside of Byron improving relations with them), but post-Belhalla, Arvis and the Loptyr cult take advantage of social tensions to "coup" the Republic, and join the Empire. After conquering Thracia, Seliph is invited there by a princess-turned-rebel-leader, to save her country from the Child Hunts (which now especially target the Birdfolk). She becomes a new playable character: a War Mage with minor Bird blood. When shifted, she gets flying mobility, Canto, and a Speed boost.

Which brings us to the Wyrms (like Dragons, but without the "demigod" status). Still, their inheritor found themselves the target of widespread adulation. Unable to return to their normal life, they chose to leave Jugdral for continents unknown. However, they left behind a child with Major Wyrm blood. Taken in by the Loptyr Cult, the child was raised to being a weapon. Arvis used him at the Battle of Belhalla, and he and Deirdre become his "surrogate parents" of a sort. He later serves guarding Belhalla Castle with the Deadlords. However, once Julia is freed from Manfroy's control, she can speak with him, and convince him to leave the battle.

Obviously, this is very different from how the Laguz existed in Tellius. Here, they wouldn't be more than a small sliver of the population. That said, if their transformations give enough power, they could become very influential figures on the continent of Jugdral.

7 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Here's an idea: what if we had three extra Heroes and three extra Dragons , at the Miracle of Darna? Each one would grant an additional bloodline, granting the ability to perform into a Beast, Bird, or Wyrm, respectively. Major blood lets its bearer transform indefinitely, at any time (a la Formshift), while Minor blood grants a time-limited transformation (so, non-royal Laguz).

That's actually a very interesting idea. Better than what I had in mind when I'm asking this question.

I think that's going to be difficult to add Laguz in the Judgral Continent since we know that Laguz in Tellius had those Racism against Laguz going on in some countries and Judgral was actually more of a full human continent since Manaketes have not been seen Judgral. (The only dragons we knew that appeared was Naga and Loptous)

I know that Judgral has some serious problems with the corrupted nobles and had an Empire capturing children on a hunt for feeding Loptous with controlled by an Evil Cult. I have no idea about what would the laguzs' purpose be on Judgral like? I know that Crimea had allied with the Laguz to fight against Daein in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, but has to team up in Radiant Dawn and even Ike's family has tie ins to the Laguz. I don't know how Sigurd or Seliph would help with the Laguz in Judgral if that's happens.

Would it be possible like maybe have Sigurd or Seliph talk to a tribe for allying for asking for help? Maybe Gen 1 be like Sigurd solving the issues going on and help to stop the nobles that are against the Holy Knights and Gen 2 maybe have Seliph asks to be as allies to stop an evil Empire and asks that Sigurd is his father? Maybe the Laguz part be around between Chapter 3 & Chapter 4 or 5 in Gen 1 and Gen 2 might have between somewhere in Chapter 6 and Chapter 9?

Edited by King Marth 64

• 3 weeks later...

Either Loptyr would have genocided them for shots and giggles, or he would have viewed then as less contemptible than humans and made an effort to give the continent to them.